industrial mexicans

The cavalry posted in my picture is their UU the Villista, so I won't change that.
I do hope you understand that the "Villista" is NOT Mexican Army, and is, in-fact, a revolutionary anti-government unit. Making the Villista the UU of Mexico would be like Making "Johny Reb" the UU of Abraham Lincoln's Union, or Kurdish Separatists the UU of Sadam's Iraq.

i like your mexican units very much, the rifleman and grenadier may be "somewhat if" types, but i like the villista very much.....
The "Villista" is Chuggi's Mexican Great General on a horse.

btw, your white rifleman is pretty darn good!
Oh him... my white Rifleman is nothing special at all... just the default team-color rifleman with a white tunic instead of a light blue tunic... nothing else special! I made him when I was working on Spain... both Spain and Mexico had white uniforms late in the 19th century. :dunno:

I do hope you understand that the "Villista" is NOT Mexican Army, and is, in-fact, a revolutionary anti-government unit. Making the Villista the UU of Mexico would be like Making "Johny Reb" the UU of Abraham Lincoln's Union, or Kurdish Separatists the UU of Sadam's Iraq.

I am aware of what a Villista is, but I thought the unit looked cool, and I had a good button for it and I wanted to use it. It's just a game, sometimes things can just be for fun, they don't always have to be completely historically accurate. Civ is, by its own virtue, historically inaccurate anyway.

I understand the criticism though, and I agree with what you said. But there is a lot about my module that isn't going to be historically accurate, like all of the units from the ancient and medieval eras for instance.

EDIT: LOL @ that pic, I was just joking around. Actually I am half Mexican and some of my relatives were Villistas back in the day, so its also an homage to them. (Aww, I liked your original picture better)

here is a white uniformed rifleman, based on wolf's pic...uses RIFLEMAN animations

Attachments

• mexrifleman.jpg
    mexrifleman.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 156
  • mexican rifleman.zip
    51 KB · Views: 132
Cool Bernie... now I can have Mexicans fight Spanish and they won't look the same (well for Rifleman anyways).

It looks like the gun or sword is actually going through the character instead of being beside it in the illustration...
He's using NifViewer or Nifscope for the pictures here, but they are all fine in-game. I've tested all the models in this thread, they all work properly in-game.

I'm NOT a big fan of having two completely different Civ4-civs occupying the same plot of land (Aztecs/Mexicans, Rome/Italy, etc, etc), so for me, one is simply the successor state of the other. It's a redundant thing with me... I wish you could have flags (and maybe civ names) change with ages, but you can't... in any case, I won't be making Aztecs and Mexicans... I'll just have one turn into the other.
I quote :D, I'd like also to have leaders changing during the ages... but I can't :(

Yeah, but I like the clip better... classic scene.
The final show down from A Few Dollars More is one of the best scenes in cinema, period. Great movie, I watch it a few times a year.

Top Bottom