Influx of New Info

BZZ.. Wrong.

Mounements remain the same, a enw building that comes with Pottery is known as a "Shrine".

That lets me thinx of a really strong opening open tradition then get a free momument by the legalisme And build instead of the early momument a shrine so you get a higher change for a great prophet

Still, would they say you have to build Pyramids for faith if it was just available to one civilization?

There's a screenshot in one of the articles of the Pyramids, so there's no point speculating. It makes it clear that the Pyramids stay the same.

There's a screenshot in one of the articles of the Pyramids, so there's no point speculating. It makes it clear that the Pyramids stay the same.

Apparently I missed that.

Then I still wonder what IGN was referring to when it discussed "faith from Pyramids." Mayan unique building? Meant to say Shrine? Just a complete screw up on their part?

Probably the Maya building.

Link to the Pyramid screenshot

Yes, the screenshot is very tiny, but the shapes of words are the same and, when I copy and paste it, I can make out almost everything:

Tile improvement construction ***** (speed? Can't quite see) increased by 25% and two Workers appear **** the city.

I hope I didn't miss too much with my main site summary ^^.
Left some stuff like the changes in the tech tree out, because I think it's easier to do that in a list like at the first page and not in a text, and the tech tree discussion might even be better.

And a thanks to cuc and Ulthwithian :hatsoff:, that saved me lots of time :).

As someone who was born, grew up in Manila and spent half of my life there, I am pleased as punch that my small nation of the Philippines (albeit with a large population of 92 million people with an ex-pat pop of about 11 million, myself included) has made it to Civ!

Hail Hail Firaxis! - I am a Civ5 fan for life!

Though I realize my people will never be an empire (we have always been part of one, never one ourselves), this is the closest thing we have as an honor in PC Gaming!

Thank you Mr. Meier, thank you Mr. Beach... I just can't contain myself... :dance:

Wow, I disappear for a few days and when I next look there's all this new info. Thanks to Ulthwithian for the helpful summary!

Ceilidh Hall as the Celtic UB is... hmm... different. At least it's not a Dun I guess. And it does give a nod to an important part of modern Celtic culture :D I was kind of hoping they would have a faith-boosting stone circle UI, but I guess that's redundant with their UA.

I can't help but be slightly disappointed that the Austrian UB isn't a Concert Hall or something music-related (Mozart, ffs!) but coffee house culture is another important contribution they have made to western society.

The new luxuries/resources sound cool. My guess for Copper (if it's not a new strategic resource, which seems unlikely) is that it's going to be a production-related bonus resource, perhaps specifically affecting unit production.

The new City-States all sound like good choices as well. Yay for Zurich, Manila and Jakarta (although I guess the latter means we're not going to see Indonesia/Majapahit any time soon).

Embassies sound a bit disappointing. Unless 'show capitals' means 'can view capital'... but perhaps that would be a touch OP.

And finally, major yays for the extension of the Classical Era!

Is it just me or do we need a bonus resource that gives extra gold? Its usaly bonus food and production

Also, Catapults no longer needing iron takes the edge off the Huns' battering ram, I guess, although it will still appear early.

Hmm. Have we gotten any information on the Battering Ram beyond being a Siegelike Melee unit? I mean, is it a Melee unit that just has a bonus against Cities, or is it actually classified as a Siege unit?

*goes to check if something was missed*

It appears to have been redesignated as a siege unit rather than a melee unit. Probably so that it will be vulnerable against horses and won't be able to enter cities the same as other seige units.

The question then becomes: do they upgrade to pikemen with a bonus against cities or do they upgrade to trebuchets?

Hmm. Have we gotten any information on the Battering Ram beyond being a Siegelike Melee unit? I mean, is it a Melee unit that just has a bonus against Cities, or is it actually classified as a Siege unit?

*goes to check if something was missed*

The tooltip in the Hun loading screen said, "Siege unit deadly at melee attacks versus cities."

Arioch: Ah, thanks! Where did we get this info? So we have... a melee siege unit?

Eagle: I wouldn't be too eager to rush to say they can't take cities. If it attacks in melee, then it should be able to take cities. (This is similar to melee naval units.)

I mean, really, it seems that the entire _point_ of the Battering Ram is to have one, maybe 2 of them going around with your Horse Archers to take the cities. Perhaps I'm thinking too much in vanilla Mongolia terms, but if the Battering Ram cannot take cities, what, precisely, does that leave them with taking cities?

Warriors
Swordsmen

Nothing else. The Battering almost _has_ to be able to take cities.

Top Bottom