1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Influx of New Info

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by TheMarshmallowBear, May 11, 2012.

1. Ulthwithian

Ulthwithian King

Morningcalm: Is there a Pantheon choice to make Monuments produce Faith? Or maybe a Social Policy?

There's also the rumor that Ethiopia gets a UB Monument that also produces Faith.

2. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

The article in question has the author playing the Celts, which we know don't have a monument UB. I checked the known Beliefs, and I found none that have that bonus. I think the author mistated which building gave him Faith.

3. Ulthwithian

Ulthwithian King

Well, if he's the Celts, he doesn't really need Shrines to get Faith, because of their UA, right? ;)

Still don't know if there's a Policy that affects this (Legalism from Tradition?). Low percentage scenario, of course.

4. AriochIV

AriochIV Analyst

Have to be really careful with the statements from the previews; they're short and quickly written and often contain mistakes. Often they're just rewordings of a press release... with great liberties taken. Remember the one that claimed that melee naval units spawned land units to attack the coast? It helps to have more than one indirect source.

In the 1UP video, when he's in the research submenu, you can see in the tooltip that the new icon under Banking is the Constabulary.

5. Kimuyama

Kimuyama Prince

I don't know if in the link to the swedish music in the summary in the second post is supposed to be the name for it, or a link to Morningcalm (the forumer).
    However it's called "Thou ancient, Thou free" (Du Gamla, Du Fria), and it is indeed the national anthem of sweden.

6. Ulthwithian

Ulthwithian King

It's a link to the music. Morningcalm requested it, and I try to stay on his(?) good side. ;)

7. Kimuyama

Kimuyama Prince

As I thought then :)
    At first, when I saw the link and thought it was the title of a song I thought it might be an english title for some song by Bellman. But then I found the video (as the link didn't work for me)

8. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

So, I suppose that means there is no info on the new tech era. Right?

9. Ulthwithian

Ulthwithian King

nokmirt: All I've seen is the 'Steam Age' that is apparently linked (only) to the Smoky Skies scenario. No one has commented on anything else that looks like a new Age.

10. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

I saw that. That scenario looks awesome from what I have seen. Thanks for the info. I have been waitng for any news on a new tech era. Maybe it is better off if it is a surprise.

11. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

12. snipperrabbit!!

snipperrabbit!! Deity

I wonder how they will translate it in french as there is also the police station !

13. Ulthwithian

Ulthwithian King

Sniper: Both words are Gendarmarie (sp?)?

14. Enkidu Warrior

Enkidu Warrior Ultramagnetic

Himezi is an alternative, albeit misleading and obsolete way of writing Himeji in romanized Japanese. Since the pronunciation is exactly what you would expect under the modern romanization, Himeji is the appropriate spelling in English. Shiro is the Japanese for castle, but when applied to a named castle, as in Himeji Castle, it becomes Himeji-jo. Quite why we'd want to have things unnecessarily written in Japanese I don't know, but long story short, Ulthwithian is being snooty about a language he or she doesn't understand.

15. snipperrabbit!!

snipperrabbit!! Deity

@ Ulthwithian

Well, in my country, constabulary translate as 'force de police' while police station is a 'commissariat de police'. The word 'gendarmerie' refers to the military police and can be traced back to the medieval era with the landlord militias known as 'gens d'armes'. Not sure if constabulary is a military police or a civilian one.

16. bonafide11

bonafide11 Worker

Just thought I'd point out that in the IGN article, it says the Pyramids provide faith now:

Unless they meant some other type of "Pyramids" apart from the Wonder, but I think it'd be confusing if they had a building and a wonder both called "Pyramids."

17. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

Maya has Pyramids as a building.

There's a screenshot for the Pyramid of Giza, which seems to be the same.

18. Gucumatz

Gucumatz JS, secretly Rod Serling

Well actually in the IGN video they scroll over the Maya city and you see it is building "Pyramid" and as a building (the UB for the Maya). So yea appears there is both a building and a wonder now :p

19. bonafide11

bonafide11 Worker

Still, would they say you have to build Pyramids for faith if it was just available to one civilization?

20. FeiLing

FeiLing Deity

Pretty sure they mean shrines :rolleyes: as they say "Pyramids (not "the Pyramids").

I believe Monuments are being renamed to Shrines (on a screenshot Piety says the opener now reduces build time for shrines and temples by 15%). And a monument somewhat could be mistaken as a pyramid I guess, at least if only looking at the top part of it.