Intending

This is why Jesus's redefining of 'neighbor' to be universal was so valuable.

There's always opportunity cost in all moral decisions. But we also live in a world where win/win is possible and where personal denial is possible.

Given what we know about climate change, fer ex, the beef eater is just as much a thief as the cattle-thief. There's no perfect answer, but there's *better*
Is that the same jesus who badmouthed a leper cause he was so sick of how evil thought and sins caused leprosy?
Though next to his father, he was an angel alright...

To each his own (or render onto caesar etc) :)
Just noting that reading the bible one doesnt really logically form the impression this is the story of a scientifically or philosophically inclined individual.

How much time have you spent doing it, and have you used a lens for school of thought? I mean, you can evangelical it and just take what you want in the moment out of the translation of the translation of the translation, themselves possessing lenses, considered or not.

How much time have you spent doing it, and have you used a lens for school of thought? I mean, you can evangelical it if you want and just take what you want in the moment out of the translation of the translation of the translation.
Fortunately i read it from the original. The entire new testament was written in quite simple greek. Not much surprise, given most of its audience.
Two of the apostolic letters even are adressed to the people of Thessalonike.

Rendered by which council?

Any preferences on gospel? I usually prefer Luke's take. At least as translated, as viewed through a rejection-of-Calvinism lens.

Either way, that wasn't the question I was interested in or posed. I'm happy to admit I use a lens.

Just noting that reading the bible one doesnt really logically form the impression this is the story of a scientifically or philosophically inclined individual.
Yeah, I usually don't go to carpenters for science lessons. The funny thing is that usually the people most committed to "but the bible isn't sciency enough!" are people who probably could get a science lesson from the average carpenter.

Hm, i am sure the council isnt the core issue here. And it is sort of heretical to claim one evangelist made stuff up. Why not just face the scientific causes of leprosy.

Yeah, I usually don't go to carpenters for science lessons. The funny thing is that usually the people most committed to "but the bible isn't sciency enough!" are people who probably could get a science lesson from the average carpenter.
Attempting to remove the bit of hay from your fellow man is very uncool.& Bad-intentioned.

Last edited:
Everyone makes stuff up when they remember and write. It's sort of definitional. I'm not going to subscribe that my reading of these words on this here page are the only non heretical ways to interpret things. I married a Roman Catholic, she's an admirable Christian from what I can tell. I am not Catholic, nor do I anticipate resolving my theology to become one. Neither school of theology, hers or mine, has any particular problem with your disease dilemma.

What I do find is that people who take more time doing it tend to derive more interesting things from it. Thus, the original question before the sidebar.

Well, somebody go call Lassie, Timmy's in trubble!

:mischief:

Much of the Bible is an effort to describe man's relation with God. Mistakes will be made, remember that people were confused by history but you will still be able to find efforts towards moral thinking. And some of it will end up being correct.

Well, somebody go call Lassie, Timmy's in trubble!

:mischief:

He's in the well that Kyriakos saw?

I always wondered about Timmie's parents. "Sure, he's fallen into every well in the county at least once, but we have this dog so it's okay" always seemed like a pretty blase response to an obviously defective kid.

Wait, not obviously defective parenting?

Timmie's the one at fault for Timmie always falling into wells?

In a fit of curiosity, I looked up what it may have come from(maybe there's more and I didn't look hard enough). It appears a sharp and unethical businessman was attempting to take the water rights from Timmy's grandpa's well, Timmy and Lassie confronted him and Timmy shoved over his claim sign, the entrepreneur shoved over Timmy, and Lassie knocked the guy in the well.

Well, then it's full-on heroism that gets Timmy into that well.

If I was the dog I would have been pissed the note I had to carry to grandpa made him get the guy out right after I went through all the trouble of putting him there.

Who knows that isn't what Lassie is saying? When the humans translate her barks by asking "Has Timmy fallen into the well?" they don't sound very sure that's the right translation of her barks.

Top Bottom