Intrateam Succession Game

Oh no Arkipeller, and you are last in the turn order!

I actually agree with you as far as a preference that the game move a little faster. Maybe a better compromise is to have the timeframe go 24-72, giving one extra day to play the game, and we can actually start enforcing it so that turns get skipped if they are not played on time without an explanation.

If you can't play your turn in the given timeframe, just let us know and we can be flexible. Better yet, trade turns with someone who is ready to play, and then you can get your turnset when the person you traded with would have been up.

Ultimately, I'm trying to find a good solution that the majority of the team finds best. I definitely don't blame any of us who have already played and exceeded the original timeframe.

So let me know what the rest of you guys think.

I'd be happy if we could speed it up a notch. We can always shuffle the order if people are busy.

And yeah, this comment is going to bite me in the rear later. :D

T49: Set Indira on Fast Worker. Horses uncovered in the northeast. Settler begins moving to City 3 site.

T50: Barb Warrior threatens our city site. Settler moves onto hill, defended by fortified warrior.

T51: Met Willem of the Mayans in the northwest. Pliny the Elder lists the most powerful civs. Willem is second, Boudica is third, Lizzy is fourth, and Mehmed is fifth. We aren't listed. Indira finishes a FW, and starts an axe. Mantra is founded, and is working an unimproved FP, and building a monument. A Mayan settler/archer is discover in the west (the opposite side of the scout).

T52: Barb archer kills sentry warrior in the north. The Mayans found Chichen Itza. Pottery is finished, and writing is started. A pre-chop is used to rush the axeman to counter the barb archer.

T53: Another axeman is started in Indira. Turns out I was wrong about the barb archer. Seeing nothing worth pillaging within one tile of the border, he runs away.

T54: Nothing of note.

T55: Again, nothing.

T56: First FP cottages finish outside Terasvin and Mantra! :woohoo:

T57: Terasvin builds an FW, and continues its half-built warrior.

T58: Terasvin builds a warrior, and starts a granary.

T59: Indira finishes an axeman, and starts on another.

T60-1: Nothing too exciting.

T62: Meet Pacal of the Mayans. They haven't built Taj yet. :D Writing finishes, and Masonry is started, but I think that this is a good place to leave off.

Screenshots:

Spoiler :

Sorry about the delay. classical_hero is up! :)

Well, it's been 24 hours since the save was posted and it has not yet been claimed. We've been very flexible with everyone as far as the timing up to this point, but we're also trying to speed things up here a little bit. Let's give classical_hero one more day to at least post in here before we move on. After everyone has played through the turnset once, then we will follow a stricter 24-72 schedule.

classical_hero, please claim the save within the next 24 hours or we will move to the next person.

Here is the roster:

classical_hero<<<Up Now!
tobiasn<<<On Deck
Arkipeller
YossarianLives
Maga_R
Caledorn
Bowsling
<<<Just played

I'm ready if classical_hero wants a shuffle or something.

Anyone had a peek at the save?

I'm going to peek at your save afterwards, so I think I'll pass this round. Personally I am afraid I got a style of thinking so I fear I am not worthy to even play this, but it is soon my turn... soooooooon:crazyeye:

Ok, with that out of the way, some comments on the actual game:

• Great turnset Bowsling. Things are progressing very nicely.
  • There's lots of good land around us that we need to swallow up quickly. The Emperor AI will take our land if we don't get moving on it.
  • I would switch Indira to a Settler to be chopped / 2-pop whipped. Then we need a Granary in there, since 2-pop whipping is going to be the fastest means of production in this city for a LONG time.
  • I would 2-pop whip Terasvin's Granary immediately. Maybe overflow into a Worker?
  • Once Mantra's Monument finishes we probably want a granary there, too.
  • Are there two axes in Indira? That's definitely overkill. We can move one Axe 4-1 so that it is right in the middle of our three cities and can fortify any one of them in a turn or two.
  • If we want to grab TGW quickly, we should move some of our workers down to the stone area to start roading / prechopping. It's hard to tell what a good city location would be from the available screenshots.
  • On second thought, it might be faster to chop TGW out of Mantra once Stone is hooked. If that's the case we should save the forests there until we're ready to put them into TGW.
  • The location of that horse is really bad. There is no food around there that we can use (I don't count the 3:food: brown cow), and Mayan (Willem) culture bonus will make it really hard to control the area. It sucks that he's settling towards us.

Ok, I think that's it for now. Any feedback from the rest of the team?

Whoops, cross-post with tobiasn and Arkipeller.

If we do speed things up now and it gets back to me in the next week or two, I won't be able to play, so I may need a swap myself.

@tobiasn, looks like the save has 0 views so far...

I am happy to swap this time around. right now I am not feeling the best.

classical_hero, roger that. If you want to go after me, I guess that'll be fine?

Thanks for the input Yossa! I'll download the save after work today and have a look myself. Will try and outline a plan for your review later tonight. (I'm in GMT+1).

We're doing 10 turns each now right?

I'm about to check the game out. But a question: does anyone know the in-game hotkey for taking screenshots on a mac?

I'm about to check the game out. But a question: does anyone know the in-game hotkey for taking screenshots on a mac?

Command shift 3... i think

Ok.. that's the system wide screenie option, I'll try that.

That makes sense, since Windows-users use Print Screen which is the system wide screen shot shortcut for Windows. :)

Right. That works fine.. :) DOH!

Ok-- down to business.

Here's a version of TFW for our SG: http://tfw.tobiasn.net/tfw/sg.html (u/p: cfc/ftw)

Here's our land down south west, where the stone is:

Spoiler :

Don't really see a viable city option with stone in the BFC. Do you? The only half-ok spot is maybe 1N of the small lake, un-irrigated rice in the 2nd ring, could be a decent hammer city (way) down the line.

There's jucier land up north, but no new resources (well.. apart from wheat).. but better city spots

Spoiler :

Down here too, 1SW of the copper could share the pigs, grabs floodplains and could bring in decent commerce as well as produce some hammers

Spoiler :

Anyway.. Getting both stone and TGW in my turnset might be a bit hard, but I'd value your input on expansion before I make any serious moves.

Apart from the REX discussion, I'd like to whack the slider up to 100 to shave off a turn on Masonry, move the axe, whip the granaries, sign OB with the AIs. Our only other horse is next to Zulus, so I think we need to go for the northern ones, sucky city or not.

The funny thing is that I know the buttons by heart even without ever owning a mac

Top Bottom