1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Intrateam Succession Game

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by YossarianLives, Apr 10, 2013.

1. tobiasn

tobiasn Warlord

Ok, naming is cool, but do you have input on where to place the cities? :D

2. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

The stone city is only worth settling if we do decide to go for TGW for an early GSpy. I really like this strategy, but haven't seen a lot of support for it amongst the team and Maga expressed some reservations. If we settle stone next, I kind of prefer 1N of the stone to get the city up and running faster. It can work the forested spices for a decent unimproved yield, and it has 6 forests in the initial 9 tiles to chop into TGW. Once it pops borders it'll also get a couple FPs for food. 1N of the lake is also a decent location for the city, though it gets a somewhat slower start.

If we decide to ignore the Stone for now, then your proposal 1SW of the copper seems like the obvious choice for our next city. There is a lot of good land in the north but it's harder to dot-map. I think a city 2S1W of the Pig would be a pretty decent location. A city 3E of Terasvin has decent commerce potential. A city 3E of that damaged barb archer would be absolutely horrendous before the borders pop, but once that happens it could get Corn, Cow and Horses in the BFC. A city 2E1S of our southern Copper might be good eventually.

For your next turnset, though, I think the main options are stone or the spot 1SW from the copper.

3. tobiasn

tobiasn Warlord

Cheers Yossa! A bit late for me to play tonight, but have some time off work tomorrow and will play my set then.

4. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

I would love to see us try run an espy economy, so I'll just chip in my support for an early TGW. :)

5. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

I'm sorry, but I am not feeling well enough to do this, so I will have to withdraw from this.

6. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

classical_hero, I hope you feel better soon. Please don't hesitate to hop back into the rotation at any point if you are feeling up to it. Take care of yourself.

7. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

New Roster:

tobiasn<<<Up Now!
    Arkipeller<<<On Deck
    YossarianLives
    Maga_R
    Caledorn
    Bowsling
    <<<Just played

I will almost certainly need a swap when I am up. Seeing as how long it is taking me to complete renovations, I may need to grab my civ computer out of storage!

8. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

It is true that I expressed reservation about EP economy, this is actually a kind of economy that I am reasonably familiar with. I am not good at rexing, though, and I hoped to learn to be better at it through this game - but of course I will be OK with whatever team decides. My another reservation was that pure EP economy does not work if one is a tech leader, and it seems to me that generally EP economy is not such a desirable strategy in SP, more like a tool to catch up if things were not working. Espionage is probably more useful in MP, on the other hand espionage in SP and in MP is a completely different story. No AI, for example, would ever ask us not to put EP on them etc

So to reiterate, reasons I would prefer a non-EP game are exactly the same as Yossarian, only in reverse, I would rather learn strategy least known to me, that is peaceful REXing at high difficulty level. Plus EP works so different in SP and MP, that I do not think playing EP game will be that useful for ISDG, which I thought was also one of Yossa's motivations.

9. Arkipeller

Arkipeller Ancient of Lore

That depends how many months Tobias and I are going to use on our turns:mischief:

10. tobiasn

tobiasn Warlord

Haha. BURN!

I've tried playing a couple of turns, but my game keep crashing whenever I end turn. Anyone else using a mac having the same problem? I have an old PC somewhere with Civ on it, I can try that..

11. tobiasn

tobiasn Warlord

Guys, this is embarrassing. Especially since I was, like, impatiently trying to take over. But I can't get my Civ installation to work. Arkipeller, please take over for me. I hope I can get back in line next time it's back to me. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

12. Arkipeller

Okeeey... my turns.

T62: 4 Turns to Masonry
    Considering Terasvin's food supplies I enslaved some of the inhibitants so I could make the granary. 2 heads rolled and I gained an even more fastgrowing city.
    Renamed our warriors to "Clubman of Discoveries" and "Champion of Tundras".
    Clubman of Discoveries met a barbarian warrior while standing in the newly explored forest.
    An Axeman was renamed "Defender of Realm" and was sent northwards of Indira to kill an injured barb archer with promotions.
    Cottaging outside Terasvin is done. Workers sent to cottage outside Indira, considering the upcomming increased growth.

T63: 2 turns to Masonry
    Clubman of Discoveries is attacked by the barbarian warrior and survives easily. Gaining enough exp to level. He gains the +10% strenght promotion. He now heals for 2 turns
    Terasvin gains Granary. Considering many flood plains I started to work on a Library.
    A FP-Cottage is finished near Mantra. I sent the workers to start on a new FP-cottage.
    Barb Archer disapperared into the fog. Both Defender of realm and Champion of Tundra are hunting this unit now.
    Increased research to 90% so I could get Masonry done faster. Increased from 3 to 2 turns.

T64: 1 turn to Masonry.
    Pacal asked for open borders. Considering we can profit from this I said yes for now. I consider roading to our closest neighbour to get the foreign trade routes.
    Barb archer reached "Champion of Tundras". Our unit is in a forest and there is a river between. Archer is at 1.8 Strenght. If he attacks he will loose statistically.
    Cottaging outside Indira is done. Our capitol site got 5 improved tiles.
    We now got enough Spypoints to know the Ottoman research. They got 3 turns until Bronze Working.
    Mantra finished it's Monument. Work started on a Granary.

T65: Masonry done. Considering options the most tactical seems to be mathematics, since it will both lead to calendar and currency.
    Barb Archer fled the battle, going towards Defender of realm and an Archer owned by Pacal of Egypt.
    Clubman of Discoveries is fully healed and are now inside mayan terretory after signing a quick Open Borders. Started a quick mapping of his lands. We know that Mayans got techs: The Wheel and Bronze Working. (He started with Mysticism and Mining + Got Active Slavery)
    Someone built the Stonehenge.
    Champion of Tundra ventures north to explore further.
    Since all of our cities has currently full of active tiles I've started on a great road towards Chichen Itza. This will get even more effective after discovering Currency.

T66: 14 turns to Mathematics.
    Egyptian Archer maps our lands, starting with going towards our capitol.
    Defender of Realm attacks barb archer at 94,9% chance of winning. He wins. Gaining a level.
    2 Cottages are now Hamlets. Both Indira and Terasvin will gain population next turn.
    Clubman of Discoveries maps a mountainous pop4 city of Maya - Lakamha. The city contains Granary, Barracks, a pasture and farm outside and two Archers. We now know that Maya got the techs: Hunting, Pottery, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Archery.
    The great Mayan Road between our capitol and Chichen Itza should be on ten tiles after being finished. It is easy to finish 1-2 tiles each turn. Our current trade revenue is 3 commerce.

T67: 12 Turns to Mathematics.
    Terasvin and Indira grows.
    Clubman of Discoveries explores the Mayan Capitol - Containing Barracks, a source of bananas, two Archers and a Holkan (Their Special unit). This means that somewhere inside their borders Mayans got a source of metals.
    Considering previous chopping in Terasvin, it cannot grow more due unhappies. I switched active tile from the current farm to a cottage, loosing current money loss.
    Defender of Realms are now following our workers that build The Great Mayan Road.

T68: 10 Turns to Mathematics
    Elisabeth gains Slavery/Bronze Working and starts on Iron Working this will take 13 turns.
    The Great Mayan Road is at 50% finished
    Mayan lands are still mapped. I discovered a FP-Cottage 3 turns to upgrading. This says tat they had Pottery at least the last 7 turns. All their 3 cities that I've discovered is connected fairly good with roads. Note: Seems they got less cottages than us.
    Next turn Indira finished it's Granary and will start on the Great Wall. Considering all hammers possible, I will starve the inhabitants for hammers.
    Champion of Tundra is ordered home to Indira, so I have less unit-expenses.
    Defender of Realms reach the roading workers for protection.

Note: Boudica and Mehmed got Open Borders (Means at least one of them got Writing)
    All of the current met AI got Bronze Working/Slavery active.

T69: 11 turns to Mathematics
    Indira finishes Granary and starts on The Great Wall. The city is at happy cap and is now on starvation mode. Current Pace is 10 turns to completion.
    One of the Fast Workers is sent back to chop a forest for TGW.
    Mayan Capitol gains a Granary.
    Clubman of Discoveries is visiting Chichen Itza, noticing 3 Archers and no interesting buildings.
    No changes of Relations, Civics or similar.
    The Egyptian Archer reaches Terasvin.
    Manta changes to a break in production and focuses on gold/population: Former active mine replaced with Cottaged FP.

T70: 11 turns to Mathematics (Reduced research rate due lack of surplus)
    Forest chopped outside Indira. Starving (-1) will continue through the whole building of TGW. Indira may starve up to 9 turns more without loosing hammers/population. Balancing the completion to 8 turns from now (Unless more chopping).
    The Great Mayan Road is finished in 3 turns.
    Mayans got at least 2 farming workers south of Chichen Itza.
    Elisabeth is the worst enemy of Boudica
    A Scout (Egyptian) is visible outside Mantra.
    Terasvin sat on no-growth until next turn, due 10 turns unhappiness after slavery.

T71: 9 turns to Mathematics (added more research due knowing further actions)
    The Great Wall 7 turns left in Indira. Starving may continue at least 8 rounds. A new forests will be chopped in 4 turns.
    The Egyptian scout arrives at Mantra. We may conclude that the Egyptians know our lands now.
    A Barbarian Archer is now visible between Terasvin and the newly built Zulu city (marked as New City on map). A Barbarian warrior shows up not far from our northern border.
    Maya uses slavery (-1 pop) to complete Granary in Chichen Itza.
    Champion of Tundra is now inside our borders, on his way to Indira.
    Considering that the unhappiness will cease in Terasvin next turn, the no-growth is removed so it may grow next turn.
    Mantra will grow next turn, getting it's mine active again.
    2 turns to the Great Mayan road is done
    Boudica has OB with Willem and Pacal now.

T72: 7 turns to Mathematics
    The Great Mayan Road is done, due roading done by mayans on the last tile. Increased trade for both nations next turn. Mayans got pastured cows by Chichen Itza. (This is a good city-site!)
    1 fast worker sent to assist with Forest-chopping at Indira. 2 will leave next turn.
    6 turns to TGW in Indira.
    Terasvin is back to 4pop and no-growth.

T73: 6 turns to Mathematics
    The Mayan Road increased our commerce with +3 ( +1 for each trade route)
    All workers is back to our lands.
    New forest is chopped outside Indira. It is now 4 turns to TGW. Hunger-tactics no longer needed. Indira get a surplus of food again.
    Mantra suffers (-1pop) due slavery Granary is now finished. Unhappiness will last until T83.

-------------
    I leave the save here for next in line. The save is in the end of turn T73, so next in line have to start by initiating next turn.
    Due my rounds I've been focusing on increasing our research, mapping mayan lands and building Granaries and TGW. I am sorry for lack of military and domestic units due my turns, but I found them less needed right now.
    I will point out that we still don't know one of Mayan cities (he got 4)

Screenshots and the save will come after this entry.

13. Arkipeller

Save and pictures

Attached Files:

14. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Nice! You were definitely ready to go.

I am going to have to request a pass for my turn. I'm going to see if I can get my civ computer out of storage this weekend so maybe I will be able to jump in later.

I'll read over Arkipeller's report more closely later and comment at that time.

15. Arkipeller

Awww.... sorry for writing wrongly: Holkans don't need metals, so it's not necessarily that Maya got copper

16. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

Nice work and nice time! :thumbsup:

Too bad about that Zulu city. I guess that puts them first on the chopping block? Those are some tasty looking floodplains there.

17. Arkipeller

Note for next player: there is some hammers invested in an axeman in our capitol that should be used after TGW is built

18. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

Maga_R: You're up, since Yossarian has requested to pass his turn. :)

19. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

Oh, pretty bad time for me - my home sealed, not access to civ whole day, can also continue Sat - and anyway bot a good time. Can we pass it on the next person please?

20. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

lol, ok I'll really try to get my comp out of storage this weekend and find a little time to play the turnset. I'll try to take a closer look at where we're at and post my thoughts before then.