IOT: Song of Another World

I know, I just have a fairly full plate. I'll get back to you tomorrow.

Apologies for running late but this week has been busy. School by quarters tend to really put a lock on your time. I will have everything in order by Friday at the latest. That is:
Novgorod's stats
That event chain I have planned
a PM to Angst

Thank you for your patience.

I'm thinking of joining, but i'm confused:

For one thing, where are the stats? Or are they not public?

In any case should I create a nation now or wait until after the update?

I usually put stats within the updates, but I just put them up on the front page as well via hyperlink. You can create your country now if you wish to start your own, even engage in diplomacy, but they won't be represented in the stats until after the update.

Somewhat related, Novgorod now has stats. Novice Writer, you can create a leader and spouse for your nation as well as set the army/navy tradition as you see fit, as detailed in the country creation rules.

Ayyubid Empire
Flag/Coat of Arms: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Flag_of_Ayyubid_Dynasty.svgS

Capital Name: http://www.redskorpio.com.ar/imageflags/crsaladino.jpg

Government: Hereditary Monarchy

Religion: Sunni and Shia Islam

Army/Navy Tradition: 4 Army 1 Navy

Leader Name: Al-Aziz Uthman

Leader Traits: Skilled Tactician, Skilled Economist, Skilled Industrialist

Leader's Betrothed Name: Fatimah Yusuf

Leader’s Betrothed Traits: Heard of the First Hymn, Skilled Strategist

Cultural Base: The legacy of Saladin and of the Fatimids before him. Islamic culture, but also simply the understanding that without unity and cohesion Egypt will be overrun by the creatures. The religion is a merger of Shia and Sunni Islam, the distinciton between the two largely ceasing to matter in the face of the Creatures, and the presumed end times, especially due to the interfaith (Sunni/Shia) couple in charge of the Empire.

History: After Saladin's death around the time of The Event, the Ayyubid Empire collapsed as his sons fought over the spoils. This wasn't just a crisis of leadership. It was a crisis of territory (much of which was lost to the godless state in Antioch), of safety (Creatures still prowl much of the Nile) and of faith (many in Egypt were taken by the same impulse that now rules antioch to the north: to procliam the death of Allah). In this crisis, Al-Aziz Uthman, one of Saladin's sons, emerged as a skilled tactician and leader, who kept the city of Aswan, which he governed, safe from creatures and raiders alike. After Cairo fell to the godless men of Antioch, Uthman now found himself in a unique position to reunite Egypt. Around the same time, he married Fatimah, a Shia daughter of the Fatimid court, who is a skilled strategist, and, some whisper, a sorceress or seer. Together, their millitary has reunited most of Egypt against the commen threat of the Creatures but the new nation faces an uncertain future.

Capital: Uswan/Aswan. I think the red dot is its correct geographical location

Starting Location:

Attachments

• Egypt.jpg
    Egypt.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 154
I usually put stats within the updates, but I just put them up on the front page as well via hyperlink. You can create your country now if you wish to start your own, even engage in diplomacy, but they won't be represented in the stats until after the update.

Somewhat related, Novgorod now has stats. Novice Writer, you can create a leader and spouse for your nation as well as set the army/navy tradition as you see fit, as detailed in the country creation rules.

Thank you.

Leader's Traits(and Bethrothed's Traits): Scholar of the Spectrum, Heard the First Hymn

Sorry about being annoying about this, but question. How does trade between countries work? I want to trade, directly or indirectly via hard resources, for either Production or Research as much as I can. How would I do that?

You discuss specific deals with other countries. That essentially covers it I think. You can make trade with almost any quantity that makes sense, so long as youre specific.

You discuss specific deals with other countries. That essentially covers it I think. You can make trade with almost any quantity that makes sense, so long as youre specific.

Alright. Thanks.

EDIT: Never mind about trade offer. I didn't realize that Novgorod's Dust research cost and research cost in general were far higher than everyone else's, and still don't get how armies and navies work given that no actual army and navy stats are listed.

Is it too late to change my ruler stats? I wouldn't have chosen those if I realized how pathetically weak Novgorod really is.

EDIT TWO:
Got a new idea. All players interested, Novgorod is willing to sell Coin, Production, and Research on a one to one basis for Food. This includes to NPCs- I give this offer to the Khanate of Cumania, and if they can help secure the lines Saxony and Brandenberg.

Wait, the research cost is wrong. It should be much lower. Will fix. For reference, the stamdard should be closer to ~60.

Question. How much of a Republican tradition does Novogord have? Such a thing would have downsides, but I came up with an idea which has upsides should such a thing exist.

Oh, in that case. Revised idea.

From Novogord
To Khanate of Cumania, Sweden, Poland
CC Saxony, Brunswick, All Interested Nations

Novogord is willing to trade Food, Research, and Coin for Production on a 1 for 1 basis with any partner we can create a reasonably secure trade route with. This can either be a temporary or permanent trade agreement, although we would prefer permanent.

Orders will be due by Sunday 4/23 4:00 pm EST

Novgorod was a monarchy in this timeline if memory serves, so republican tradition wouldn't be a thing right now. I think.

That said, you can foster it.

I'm still not sure why the Discovery cost says different things on Page 1 than the stats. That being said, my mind is made up so I'll send orders anyway.

slightly edited signup for consistency (religion is a fusion of Sunni and Shia, not Sunni speciffically)

(OOC: Out of curiosity, where did I go wrong? It seems highly improbable that no surrounding power would not want Research, Coin, or Food more than they do Production to some degree.)

I mean personally I want production the most and also I'm in Africa

OOC

I think I'm out of reach of you because of a number of factors, some of which are the narrowminded overreaching government laws of the HRE.

OOC: Thanks. I'll look into those rules maybe I can think of something. Since I'm busy in time IRL, I'll try another offer and hopefully either a PC or an NPC will bite.

From Novogord
To Surrounding Nations

We wish to borrow resources for extra Production. For every 1 Production a surrounding nation is willing to loan us this year, we are willing to pay back any combination of 2 Coin, Food, Production or Research next year.

Top Bottom