Iran Majlis to codify plan to close Hormuz Strait

Does the US Congress have any committees that create military strategy? Seems strange for a legislature to be involved in such things. Or is it that it's mostly economic and political measures and I'm just misjudging the content of the plan?

EDIT: Should have read the thread. My second question still stands.

Yup. I say we just sit back and let Iran slug it out with the Saudis and others.

If Iran was in Mexico, imposing sanctions left and right, sending computer viruses to American powerstations and assasinating Americans everyone would agree Iran should be bombed. When the opposite is true everyone thinks Iran should be bombed because they react to the things that are done to them.

The west has behaved horribly for a hundred years. As long as we keep provoking them they will not stop. Leave them alone and things will be much better.

Isn't it kind of insane for a parliamentary committee to be acting as a general staff?

I'm pretty sure it's a political announcement, meant to draw some kind of reaction. It's the only way it makes any sense. But what?

Also, the latest round of sanctions was a joke: just about any country which imports oil was "exempted". The US isn't going to start a trade war with any other big economy, and they aren't going to comply with those sanctions. Which only makes this announcement weirder...

Do any of the state oil companies of the countries across the gulf own tanker fleets?

Iran's Mullah's has enough trouble oppressing their own people without soing something this crazy.

Anyway shouldn't they be organising another Holocaust deniers conference.

Or are they not concentrating on the drugs trade as there vice president says

The Islamic Republic of Iran will pay for anybody who can research and find one single Zionist who is an addict,” Mr. Rahmini said. “They do not exist. This is the proof of their involvement in drugs trade.

Well, yes, now that you mention it the most obvious explanation is that they are just incredibly stupid when it comes to propaganda. I doubt even the iranian public if fooled anymore.

Iran won't do it, their economy is hurting and this would spark wars with Eastern and Western powers. I hardly doubt the KSA, UAE, Qatar and their allies would like to see Iran block their exports, if anything war would be a perfect opportunity for everyone to win (except Iran), the Gulf states get Iran to stop trying to dominate the region, possibly liberate Al-Ahwaz and restore the Abu Musa and Tonb Islands to Emirate control; the West and Israel weaken an enemy and quite possibly see the Balochs emerge with their own state, and maybe even Azerbaijan finally gets Greater Azerbaijan.

Iran wouldn't dare risk a war, it could easily escalate, especially with their Syrian allies unable to help in any way and Iraqi Shia like Muqtada al-Sadr becoming more independent and anti-Iranian.

Top Bottom