K8: MONSTER MAP - 362x362 map with 24 civs

[party] [dance]

Show us the vote :jump:

And give us the pre-win save :band:

Please :worship:

EDIT: I see that you posted them now. Thanks :thumbsup:

And thanks to Killer for a great map. It was an interesting experience, but also my last attempt on an ultra huge map with my old-fashioned PC :rolleyes:

note: for the last three turns I ONLY gave presents and made MPPs and pressed Shift-Enter.

Congrats guys! [party]

Hurrah! At last... we did it! Congratulations to all past and present players- it's good to see the results of all that time. :goodjob:

Good work!

I was preparing to play today, but see it won't be needed any more!

I have been continuing this and will soon post:

Spin now rules the Zulu/persian island, China collapsed in 7 turns, the rest of that island is alos under control and over 100 ICBMs subdued babylon for good.

:D

:rotfl:

I have been through several huge wars, the first being the removal of Rome (nice and easy with tanks), the second being a huge slugfest worldwar on the Greek/Indian/Chinese/Egyptian/Carthage/Korean island.

Here are some pics of it:

The first turn of the war: I had landed huge stacks fo Modern Armour and some arty and settlers in two places. From there on it was easy to cut Korea in half, taking cities and pushing on. Losses were moderate, as Infantry doesn't make good defenders :) I pushed as deep as I could, aided by the rails

soon, we progressed to this stage:

Abandoning cities for fear of flips (and fouding replacers elsewhere - remember the 512 cap!) I maknaged to clean a huge part of Korea.

A few turns later, the Korean core was gone, just plain gone. Not that that seemed to matter much to their leader:

the rest of the island turned into a slow, tough advance, in several stages. Meanwhile, the Zulu came under the hammer, as well as the persians. They held the narrows (mountains) between their lands and the ex-Zulus well, and I made peace twice with them as I lacked the power to attack in force. Airlifting 15 MA a turn to the now-expanded Carthage/Greece/India war left me with too little force for a seconds front. Betrayel from each and every one I made peace with kept me from focusing my forces to one opponent - the AIs allied freely even if they had signed peace with me only a turn earlier - which sped their demise :D

China fell quickly, though:
sweeping down on the rails from the north it took me only 6 turns to reach this state:

now I killed the rest of Korea - that was hard work as they now had CivilDefence and radar towers all over the place. Even with that, the defneding feats of their Mech Infs were astounding: one killed two armies of 4 elite MA each :(

Carthage went slow, especially as I was fighting Egypt, too. They kept sending small bands of Infantry that had to be dispatched so they wouldn't clog the rails. Greece, my interim ally, turned on me, same for Inida. They didn't live long, even if I made peace with India for 3 outlying cities - Cleo killed them.

I signed peace when I needed 70% lux for my towns. Egypt even gave me a ROP so i could kill the last Greek towns. I assembled a huge force at their borders and in the ex-Greek enclave I took. After a while, they canceled the ROP, I then kicked their troops..... guess what!

WHAM BAM thank you Cleo! I took a lot of towns by conventional means, then they tried to nuke a city of mine - one turn after I completed SDI. Dumb idea, very dumb idea.... the nuke was shot down and this is what Egypt looked like after all other civs had had their say on the matter of using nukes:

now, I was the only civ with nukes left, no harm done to me - and my conquistadors could walk into all the yellow towns :D

I learned a lesson from that, and from the next war, too....

and on for the next big fight: I established beachheads on all islands, one between France/Vikings/England (they had nuked a few cities and razed them), also one next to Russia (who now are alone on their island) and next to Otto.

The settler ladning near Babylon was attack. A totally unprovoked attack from a civ I was giving 3 lux to - grrrrrrrr.

Well, nukes had been used before, so I just bought all civs into the war, then ICBMed the hell out of babylon. I had one transport with a marine and a few MAs next to the coast (insurance you amy call it), tripple-nuking a coastal town emptied it of defenders and my marine walked in.

I used over 100 nukes in all.

here's a few pics:

the opposition before I went to work on them - the nukes look formidable, but I have SDI and over 200 cities already - so what can they do?

In the end, only 8 got through, and some of them were targeted at useless towns, e.g. a 1tile island town... :rolleyes:

my revenge:

the babs were busy eliminating the Aztecs, so I decided to help out a bit:

before:

and after:

Top Bottom