1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Kuriorate Races

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Lore' started by Rex rgis of Ter, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Fenboy

Fenboy Chieftain

Spoiler :
    Read Eurabatres' civilopedia entry ;)

2. Copper Golem

Copper Golem Goblin

thanks!
    but wiki is 404 now, I`ll try later. :(

3. Fenboy

Fenboy Chieftain

Try here

Up to 10 characters

4. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

Cardith Lorda is the Boy-King whose mind has merged with that of Eurabatres, the Golden Dragon, the strongest of all beings created by angels (but not as strong as Angels created by the One)

Often it seems like the name Cardith applies to the kind-heated boy himself, whereas Lorda refer to this tougher side; thus, Lorda is Eurabatres.

5. xienwolf

xienwolf Chieftain

Cardith Lorda is a child who has been linked to or possessed by Eurabatres the Golden Dragon. Since the compact limits the actions that the Dragons can take on the world (as direct servants of the angels), he uses the connection with the child to circumvent some of the restrictions of the compact.

EDIT: I have to remember to check for a second page when I post.... Anyway, if you want to read the Pedia without loading the game, look at the link in my sig "Online Civlopedia"

6. wilboman

wilboman Hibernorse Frost Giant

Certainly not possessed. But linked indeed. Precisely how closely is not certain.

7. Fenboy

Fenboy Chieftain

Ye, not that that wouldn't be a cool mechanic, but as far as a recon line for kurios goes, not being able to travel far from your tree is a pretty big killer :rolleyes:

8. TBox

TBox Chieftain

It's greek.

Maybe I'm too new to FfH for my opinion to count, but I like the idea of a creature with the stereotype personality of a rat, since rats end up everywhere. Satyrs and Fauns are very foresty, and while Nymphs are everywhere, they're location spirits, not explorers. Shame there doesn't seem to be anything Greek that fits the bill, because I do like the Mediterranean flavor of Centaurs and Lamias. Maybe we could branch out to neighboring mythologies and find something.

9. thomas.berubeg

thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

I'de be happy with that. and TBox, noone is to new to Ffh for thier opinion to count. one of the great things here is that nearly all opinions will find a response, working out kinks and the like.

10. TBox

TBox Chieftain

Kallikantzaroi. Not a good fit by itself, but it does say, "In Greek Kallikantzaros is also used for every short, ugly and usually mischievous being," which in my opinion gives us license to graft whatever personality we like on the guys, especially since they're unknown enough to most of our audience they won't have many preconceptions anyways.

Good, bad, ugly?

11. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

Defiantly not a good fit. This would basically be an ugly, evil goblin, even though some think the word originally meant "beautiful centaur" (which would imply they are/were the same race as the cavalry line).

I still think I prefer Dryads for Druids, but I also Fenboy's idea of Mustevals for the recon line . These are "ferret-men" Guardinals from D&D's outer plane of Elysium.. These are basically minor angels that serve as spies and messengers for greater angels (/Guardinals) and humanoid heroes.

12. TBox

TBox Chieftain

Well, my thought was Lamia used to be bloodsucking monsters, so...

But yeah, I slept on it and they're not a good fit.

13. sylvanllewelyn

sylvanllewelyn Perma-newb

He didn't directly intervene with powers, he just sat around giving advice, effectively. As for being the strongest, 23 strength is nothing compared to Mulcarn's Dragon. Mulcarn's dead, but that 80 strength dragon could still be hanging around somewhere. That's a scary thought, much scarier than the horsemen or the avatar.

14. kenken244

kenken244 Grammar Nazi

Except that in AoI the "units" were much smaller than units in regular FfH. so that dragon may only be 20 str in more "modern" times.

15. TheJopa

TheJopa Šumar

Nice catch, that makes sense.

16. Adrogans

Adrogans Quiet Laughter...

deleted. damn.