Let's Play Civ 5 (YouTube Playthrough)

Your let`s plays are very entertaining, looking forward to more! =)
Though sometimes it`s irritating that you forget to do some minor stuff and i end up, just like Sirotnikov, yelling at the screen, you forgot to take the Policy! - etc.

But it`s kinda understandable, i mean you`re under pressure from your viewers.

Heya folks,

I can't thank you all enough for the great feedback on my last two videos! I've just started a new LP, this time as England on the "[TSL] Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack " mod. The mod was recommended by a viewer, and so far things have been a ton of fun. I'd highly recommend that anyone try it at least once.

You can find the mod here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=397387

And episode 1 of my gameplay video starts here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-9-g5SizzQ

As always, please feel free to give me your feedback -- I still have a lot of improvements to make in my gameplay!

I love your videos; they're great to watch and I love your commentary.

i love the giant earth one
the map is ridiculously large
you should do a video for each way to win

I found these by accident when searching for Civ5 LP's. Didn't know they were made by a CFCer! :)

I also enjoyed the play through, and i am enjoying the Civ 4 Cosmos as well, though Quill since you are struggling so much with happiness in that game , have a look at getting some Colosseum's, you keep passing over them :p

hi, buddy, you have done a marvellous job!
I have just finished the first part of your England video game, and it really gave me a deep impression. I like your style of interpretation while playing game. Just please keep your good habits and upload more videos of CIV5 game. I find out that there is more fun to watch your video and listen to your presentation than I play the game myself. and by the way, I can impove my english skills at the same time. I am not a native English speakers, but it seems that you are. I just enjoyed an adventure journey
and impoved my listening comprehension and oral English skills as well.
Thank you very much. I am dying for seeing more videos of yours.

Haha you make me excited to play, even though I've already played through a bunch of times. Very entertaining videos.

In that Korean video, since you were down at King level, it might have been better to do the library before the Great Library so you could take full advantage of the tech boost UA.

Also granary is pronounced with a long A because it holds grains not grans.

Also granary is pronounced with a long A because it holds grains not grans.

Absolute statements of pronunciation are ludicrous and don't reflect the reality that language is dynamic and undergoes legitimate regional shifts. Trying to be overly proscriptive is futile.

That being said, if any one pronunciation were correct, it would be a short A, because granary is from the same Latin roots as granular and granite (i.e. granum). It's actually the pronunciation of "grain" that is the oddity.

Also, my informal survey has shown that most people pronounce it with the short A. It's only some regions (primarily some parts of the USA) that use the long A, though they're damn vocal about it. I suspect they're the same people who "correct" my pronunciation of Iroquois.

That was meant to be a bit of a joke, but really it's because, in the English language, 2 vowels separated by a single consonant usually make the first vowel long. At least that's what my English teachers here in Texas always taught us.

2 vowels separated by a single consonant usually make the first vowel long. At least that's what my English teachers here in Texas always taught us.

Really? How do you pronounce "separated" or "Texas"? Seepayrayted and Teexas? I've been to Texas, but only once and I'm having a hard time sounding out the accent in my mind.

EDIT: I'm really quite curious about the possibility of regional accent differences. There is no standard English.

Top Bottom