Lets say aliens invaded tomorrow...

Keep it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This totally should have been a part of the plot of Halo.

I'd join the resistance and keep my junk.

Is there a point to this thread?
It seems to me that the question is that if you were faced with oppression/slavery/molestation/death and could avoid it by castrating yourself (whatever on earth that has to do with transgender people:confused:), would you do it? To which I suppose I would answer yes, but again, I don't see the reason for the thread question.

Seeing as in this scenario I'll become a slightly more prized specimen, and that if my unit is engaged and thus harder to capture, I will simply find safety in whoring around. For the fate of mankind depends on it.

Is there a point to this thread?
It seems to me that the question is that if you were faced with oppression/slavery/molestation/death and could avoid it by castrating yourself (whatever on earth that has to do with transgender people:confused:), would you do it? To which I suppose I would answer yes, but again, I don't see the reason for the thread question.

Sometimes we in OT are known to have topics just for fun.

Hey, if they're only capturing men, then the case is obvious: It's one of these races in which the men died out and they're searching males from other species to potentially repopulate their planet.
-> don't see a problem with being a sex slave :groucho:.

Hey, if they're only capturing men, then the case is obvious: It's one of these races in which the men died out and they're searching males from other species to potentially repopulate their planet.
-> don't see a problem with being a sex slave :groucho:.

What if they're Jabba-the-Hutt aliens, or they have no desire to do anything but harvest sperm from you?

The answer is easy, for me.

If the race is all male, no sex change.

If the race is all female, yes, sex change.

Likely with my suicide shortly following; I would just prefer to die by my own hand rather than whatever the aliens would have in store for me!

The answer is easy, for me.

If the race is all male, no sex change.

If the race is all female, yes, sex change.

Likely with my suicide shortly following; I would just prefer to die by my own hand rather than whatever the aliens would have in store for me!

I CAN'T believe how many would completely destroy who they are just to live a life not worth living. Yeah, that is a victory for you! You die either way, but in your scenario, you also mutilate yourself! Great logic. Is there anything worth fighting for, for you all?

I CAN'T believe how many would completely destroy who they are just to live a life not worth living. Yeah, that is a victory for you! You die either way, but in your scenario, you also mutilate yourself! Great logic. Is there anything worth fighting for, for you all?

I cut myself earlier. Since my body was altered, this surely changes who I am.

Your body is but a shell.

Your soul is what's important, and my soul doesn't change.

As for changing only to take my own life, see the honor code that samurai and whatnot would have - it is better to die by your own hand than to be captured.

Failing that, people would rather give up all their money and live another day than die rich. Survival instinct and whatnot. You do what you must to get by; it's why you will happily eat your best friend if you are stranded.

I cut myself earlier. Since my body was altered, this surely changes who I am.

Your body is but a shell.

Your soul is what's important, and my soul doesn't change.

As for changing only to take my own life, see the honor code that samurai and whatnot would have - it is better to die by your own hand than to be captured.

Failing that, people would rather give up all their money and live another day than die rich. Survival instinct and whatnot. You do what you must to get by; it's why you will happily eat your best friend if you are stranded.

If you're a samurai, then kill yourself BEFORE cutting anything off! Why would you possibly do what the aliens apparently want, first?

I don't consider living that life as getting by.

Also, I never said I would choose to be captured. Better to die of your free will than to do something because the aliens force you to.

But it wasn't your penis that you cut. (I assume)

Even so, why is one's body one's identity?

The body is merely the identity because we are unable of perceiving one's personality at first glance. All we have is but the flesh to gaze upon.

If I lose my legs tomorrow, I am still the same person, if physically altered. Why should a sex change be any different? :)

Even so, why is one's body one's identity?

The body is merely the identity because we are unable of perceiving one's personality at first glance. All we have is but the flesh to gaze upon.

If I lose my legs tomorrow, I am still the same person, if physically altered. Why should a sex change be any different? :)

Aren't you corrupting your soul by bowing to the will of the aliens?

I won't make any assumption, but to equate losing a leg and a penis means that we have absolutely no common ground to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom