1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[LH] Hitler

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by NikNaks, Aug 14, 2008.

1. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

Would maybe an animation change effect the "feminine" look? I don't know if this is a stupid comment or not, I know nothing of making leaderheads.

2. Chuggi

Chuggi Espada

Ok, I'm losing track of stuff I have to change.

-eyes a little bigger, tip of nose a bit lower and mouth slightly larger and a bit lower....maybe?

-Hitler's face was a little-more gaunt/narrow.

-Add Reichsadler medal to tie.

-Moustache should go to the nostril's end.

I've only got Bismark's animations to work with it so far, but the annoyed one looks good. I'm not sure what I can do about the feminine thing. :confused:

@ Ekmek - I can send you the Nif if you like, although I don't know about your chances of importing it into Blender. :( It could work if you cleared out some of the shader stuff first though.

I can't see Hitler there! :lol:

Also, you insult me - why is Neil Finn there?! :cringe:

3. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

Animations just change movement and expressions, not the actual model itself.

Essentially, follow the suggestions...

The cheeks are too puffy and/or the face is too round... if you narrow/lengthen the face or make the cheeks more gaunt, that should go a long way in reducing the "feminine" look.

4. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

I don't think its necessary that he look overtly angry anyway, he smiled alot aroudn Moussolini... what do you think THAT was about? Maybe a little assenpounden... :confused:

5. Chuggi

Chuggi Espada

I agree, when I was looking for proof of his blue eyes I stumbled on a website with an account of Hitler by Goebbels, and it had about 10 happy photos of Hitler - playing with his dog, laughing with kids, talking to fans. :lol:

6. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

When do you think you'll be done with the LH Chuggi?

I am not trying to rush you but I am working on this mod for the Diplomacy Games CivGroup at Apolyton and I've included a lot of extra leaders (I think like thirty so far), seven extra religions (although you can only have seven total in a given game), inquisitors, superspies, I added Israel, and split the Native Americans into the Sioux and Iroquois (to bring back some civs from II and III), flavor units for each country, and your improved graphics actually. I really like this Hitler LH and I wanted to add him to Germany because that's one of the few countries that I didn't add leaders to (Greece, Persia, England, France, and Mongolia are the others) and I want to add him.

I like some of the stuff you guys are doing here at CivFanatics, I registered like seven years ago and totally forgot to come back here and now I got into modpacks and stuff so I really appreciate a lot of the stuff you guys do here, and the help a lot of you guys have given me.

Anyway, I'm almost finished with the mod I just have a few little bugs I have to "kill" and then it'll be ready to go. Its made for SP too so I guess I'll upload it here, but there's not really anything original in it that I did, I just kinda combined a bunch of other people's stuff and it isn't really much of a departure from the normal game.

7. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

Never rush the Chugg...

8. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

I wasn't rushing him, I was basically asking if it was worth waiting to release my mod to the Diplogamers or if I should just release it when its finished. I know it should be easy just to put in one leader but these people aren't the smartest guys around, so even something as simple as adding a leader becomes an entire debacle to them, that's all.

I would never rush anyone, despite my hopes. ;)

9. Ekmek

Ekmek on steam: ekmek_e

post or send it and I'll give it a shot!

10. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

There's a couple of other pretty good Hitlers out there... use one of them as a placeholder until Chugg finishes polishing-up this one.

Then you'll already have Hitler in the game, and you can swap out the "look" later-on.

11. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

Way ahead of you Wolfie. ;)

I think I'll wait for this to come out before releasing the mod to the kids. The other Hitlers look like Napoleon and I already have Franco (who looks like Napoleon) in the mod so I don't want to go too far. Although I am thinking of replacing Franco with Simon Bolivar from Colonization and calling him Philip II/Felipe II. Anyway I'm just excited for this leaderhead, it looks really good.

12. Ekmek

Ekmek on steam: ekmek_e

chuggi,

have you tried the npoleon.nif with augustus caesar's animations? according to the LH.xls that ambriox and refar contributed to its supposed to work. since you modified the napoleon.nif in nifskope i wonder if your works with that.

13. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

Not true... one of the Hitlers looks like FDR with a funny mustache.

14. Soduka

Soduka Warlord

15. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

Oh good Lord... :rolleyes:

Yeah, and the thousands who personally knew and met Hitler in-person all lied, we didn't land on the moon and 9/11 was a government conspiracy.

Some people just have to revise actual factual history because they're really bored and just want to believe in every conspiracy theory they here. :rolleyes:

16. Soduka

Soduka Warlord

You want to argue with a video because you don't want to admit you're wrong. I just shown you proof. Do you wish me to believe the Nazi's doctored the video to throw us off thinking that he actually had blue eyes but made us want to think he had brown so that the Nazis can watch us argue from their age-proof bunker on the internet?

Then you go ahead and throw in grandiose conspiracies that have nothing to do with the situation in an attempt to better seat your argument.

:thumbsup:

I have shown you his eye color. It's right there.

17. DWOLF

DWOLF Death Before Dishonor

he's looking good Chuggi!

18. Chuggi

Chuggi Espada

@ Sudoku - I still think his eyes were blue. Videos and photos aren't always proof, although they can convince people.

@ The Capo - Give me a week and I can perfect it. :p

@ Ekmek - I sent you a link to what I have so far (same as the last screenshot, I think). Also, this guys based off Bismarck (who's animations are supposed to work with Augustus' but after the modifications, it doesn't animate well with them).

@ DWOLF - Thanks :)

19. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

Sounds good to me. :goodjob:

20. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

I'm not going to argue with someone who can't accept the testimony of thousands of people who met him in person, what's clearly written in history books, what's all over the net as backing up what thousands of people who met him have stated, including ENGLISH diplomats and others (I guess they're all a part of a global conspiracy in your book) because you'd rather take one grainy, faded, color-distorted, 3-pixels equals his eyes, 70-year old video as your gospel truth over what thousands of people who knew him stated... whatever dude... you need to join the rest of the human race on accepting reality. I don't know why you feel there is a massive global, multi-national, media-publications, mass-conspiracy to lie to everyone about Hitler's eye color. Some people just have to find conspiracy in everything in life... I feel sorry for those people... sometimes the truth is just that... the truth. He had blue eyes... get over it.

You're living in your own Private Idaho if you can't accept that... why does it bother you so much?