[LH] Hitler

But his face indeed looks feminine. Would it be possible to thin his cheeks a bit?

BTW, that propaganda picture looks like a perfect example.
I agree that there's something about him that still looks "baby faced". Maybe his cheeks are too puffy...

Also, Hitler's eyes were definitely blue.

This would be a good reference-picture for a LH... for outfit and look of the face... note, he doesn't have that "baby face" look here... I'm sorry I can't explain myself better... but something with this LH is a bit off... I wish I knew how to explain it... the best I can do is offer a reference pic:

@ Chuggi

The name for the symbol is "Reichsadler" or "Parteiadler" I think. It depends which way the eagle's head faces. Here is a wikipedia link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichsadler

Thanks! :)

One suggestion: I would be sure not to make the tie too yellow, because I've seen that on other Hitler LHs and it looks really cartoony, and depending on how the leaderhead looks it works or it doesn't. In this case I'd try to make it a little more "gold" in appearance than yellow, kinda like in that propoganda poster you put up. But this is a fantastic LH so far, I mean its really good the way it is now. I think part of the reason he may look feminine, MAYBE, is his lack of any sideburn at all, I think if you made his hair drop a little before the ear he will look a little more man-like, although I can't say I totally agree with the feminine thing to begin with.

I know, that's why I went for the black tie in the first place - it looked nicer and less cartoony. But with every picture I've found with him wearing the brown uniform, he has the yellow/gold tie to go with it, so it would seem I have no choice but to make it yellow. :lol:

BTW: Thanks for helping me out with that Iroquois nonsense Chuggi, I got it to work, although I still have to add a UU and a UB so you'll probably hear from me again soon if I manage to screw that up too.

No problem! :)

I agree that there's something about him that still looks "baby faced". Maybe his cheeks are too puffy...

I'm working on it, I think it would help if I lowered his eyebrows a bit.

Ok, narrowed his jaw a little, changed his tie, and added the strap and armband.

Attachments

• hitler 5.jpg
    hitler 5.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 107
  • hitler 6.jpg
    hitler 6.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 362
Ok, narrowed his jaw a little, changed his tie, and added the strap and armband.
Looks better, but comparing him to the picture in post #121, I still think his face is "too full"... especially around the cheeks (puffy-cheek syndrome compared to actual Hitler)... Hitler's face was a little-more gaunt/narrow, going by the portrait of Hitler above.

The eyebrows look better now, but I'm still thinking the cheeks are too full/puffy. My 2-cents. :dunno:

P.S.
He is too happy, but I'm sure if Chuggi uses all the animations, it's as simple as using an "angrier" animation for the default and/or happy faces, so that's an easy fix for the end-user.

Looks better, but comparing him to the picture in post #121, I still think his face is "too full"... especially around the cheeks (puffy-cheek syndrome compared to actual Hitler)... Hitler's face was a little-more gaunt/narrow, going by the portrait of Hitler above.

The eyebrows look better now, but I'm still thinking the cheeks are too full/puffy. My 2-cents.

I have to agree here.

looking really good chuggi, but u might consider making the eyes a little bigger, tip of nose a bit lower and mouth slightly larger and a bit lower....maybe?) also wrinkle him up a bit, darker/bigger bags under the eyes?

also, i would agree that bismark's animations r way to "jolly" for hitler....

Thanks for the help, I'll put those changes into effect. :) Also, out of interest I think they made Bismarck so jolly because he liked to drink (or so it says in his civlopedia entry).

Also, out of interest I think they made Bismarck so jolly because he liked to drink (or so it says in his civlopedia entry).

:confused: Right. (He never looks jolly on any of his depictions, though. So I guess the drinking bit didn't help.)

Well, I hope you guys don't think anything wrong about me, but I went a bit deeper in this topic about his eyes. Most english sources say he had steelblue eyes. They are mostly citating people who met him, but how much can we trust in Göbbels or Hitlers secretary about that? That his eyes appear light on black/white photos, isn't a proof for me. It could be a light effect (caused by flashlight, something similar like the redeye effect, etc.) or he may had light brown eyes...
However, most german sources (except of nazis and those questionable sources) say he had brown eyes. It appears that there are even jokes about his "aryan eyes", although I never heard one.
I won't give much on these coloured pictures. They are painted and can be easily faked. I read that there was also a picture of him in the TIME magazine showing him with brown eyes.

Last thing I can think of are coloured movie strips showing him (I am sure I have seen them in TV, but I didn't care for his eyes then). This shouldn't be faked.

BTW: This theory about keeping the propaganda up by painting his eyes blue isn't mine, I've read it anywhere.

I just told you this to bring this topic to an end. As it is simply unclear which eye colour he had, the choice is yours.

I'm pretty sure they were blue. The only reason a lot of people think they were brown is because of the black/white photography, but if you look closer at them you can clearly tell they're a light, pale colour (like in the photos I found before). There are a lot of references stating his mother had blue eyes as well.

Also, I don't think it would be possible of him to deceive the entire German population into thinking he had blue eyes, because he made many, many public appearances.

It just doesn't make sense that so many people that knew him would lie about his eye colour. If they had respected him at all, they would have at least told the truth about what colour eyes he had. That way, they would hold some creditability and maybe get away with lying about more important details. :lol:

However - you are right about it being unclear - but it's odds on that it's blue.

This whole "he didn't have blue eyes" thing smacks of some sort of revisionist history... he had blue eyes, let's move on folks. Hitler was personally met by thousands of people, every one of them that I've heard mention eye color always said "blue"... I'm pretty sure that:

A) They weren't all lying to in some sort of massive blue-eye conspiracy.

B) Hitler didn't have a German Midget standing underneath him with a flashlight to make his eyes look blue (Hitler didn't like midgets anyways, so this theory is pretty much blown out of the water).

In fact, until this thread, in 30+ years of studying WWII, this is the first time I've ever heard anyone say Hitler didn't have blue eyes. This is almost as ridiculous as discussing if the Holocaust happened or not... the Holocaust happened, and Hitler had blue eyes... let's move-on folks.

Chuggi, press-on... each version looks better then the previous. Keep it up!

P.S.
I think the mustache needs to be wider... to the corner of his nostrils at least... see picture in post #121.

Who cares if he had blue eyes or not? That's the LAST thing he should be bothered by. Chuggi, make his eyes red just to screw with everyone.

Although I would put myself in the "blue" camp, just to make it clear.

But time for something constructive; I agree with Wolfshanze that his moustache needs to be a bit wider, but I think the main issue is that his head is too bulbous. I think if you made it thinner or made it more elongated, or made his chin less prominent (maybe lower his mouth a little) it would look much better. Other than that it looks really good, honestly I'd use it as is, but there's nothing wrong with making it a little better. Fantastic work.

Who cares if he had blue eyes or not?
Cool3a2 cares... he brought it up in the first place, and has repeatedly been questioning the blue-eyes for multiple posts... I double-checked, he's the only one in the anti-blue-eyes camp.

I've never once heard a credible discerning point on the blue-eyes thing, and I've read countless historical documents, and seen countless interviews with people who actually knew Hitler in person, and they've always, always stated he had blue eyes.

Frankly, I rack-up this Hitler had brown-eyes thing right up there with the "we never landed on the moon" and "the earth is flat" conspiracy theories.

But time for something constructive; I agree with Wolfshanze that his moustache needs to be a bit wider, but I think the main issue is that his head is too bulbous. I think if you made it thinner or made it more elongated, or made his chin less prominent (maybe lower his mouth a little) it would look much better. Other than that it looks really good, honestly I'd use it as is, but there's nothing wrong with making it a little better. Fantastic work.
Concur with this.

Wow nice one Chuggi:)- The texture looks excellent:goodjob:.

He does look rather feminine, with the circular, "bulbous" face. Moustache should go to the nostril's end. Cant wait for the update!!:mischief:

Yep his eyes were blue, but not a bright blue. More of a deep blue on the greyish side:crazyeye:. I questioned it in an earlier post and eventually found many references that blue it is. (Wolfshanze you were correct in that earlier post:):lol:)

Top Bottom