Lib Dem leader says - Extradite US soldiers!

We have lawyers here, so what is the usual way to deal with this: the aforementioned example Tourist from country A kills tourists from country B in country C.
And what is to be expected in this special case, where tourist A is an soldier and country C has agreed not to persecute them?

The US soldiers are so good at killing people who are on their side. When they were rescuing some Italian hostage in Iraq, they rescued him, and then killed him at the scene (accidentally).

Well one, does our goverment plan or did our goverment put this man on trial already. Here you can't be put on trial for the same crime more then once. (just asking i don't know)

If not, then i see no reason not to start a extradition trial (so what if we have a agreement with the UK or not, can we act like adults here? it's not like the UK is some crazy 3rd world nation, in fact they are very close to the US, they just talk kind of funny)

chrisrossi said:
The US soldiers are so good at killing people who are on their side. When they were rescuing some Italian hostage in Iraq, they rescued him, and then killed him at the scene (accidentally).
Sir, i would say that is very uncalled for.

zulu9812 said:
I don't think so. The US military's record on friendly fire is unacceptable.

Well why do you think that is? Is there some conspiracy behind it?

If its more then anyone else then i can only think it must be coincedental.

(Or because we have the most troops there. :mischief: )

ComradeDavo said:
2 reasons -
1)Putting rookies into a combat zone
2) Americna military arrogance and unwillingness to co-operate

I dont think no 2) has anything to do with the soldiers in the combat zone. Thats more of a political thing.

Xanikk999 said:
I dont think no 2) has anything to do with the soldiers in the combat zone. Thats more of a political thing.
I disagree. Whilst it is a political thing, it's more the militarys fault when they shoot at British warplanes, when US troops shoot at friendly troops etc.

Xanikk999 said:

No, he's referring to US soldiers being arrogant and unwilling to cooperate. Noam Chomsky used a good example to illustrate the difficulties of international war cooperation: In Afghanistan, the Canadians refused to mine the area around their HQ. So the Americans did it for them one night. But they didn't tell the Canadians. The next morning, some Canadian soldiers drive out in a jeep...

Top Bottom