LINESII- Into the Darkness

I have defeated all of my enemies as well das, does that mean im the winner? I have no enemies. And i don't consider the Lengel an enemy

and the reason i don't think the Lengel shouldn't get those awards is because they were in that position from the beginning, there was no question or anything, its like having a grown baby Einstein pop out of mama and saying "well that baby is just brilliant! he is only 2 years old and he understand EVERYTHING!" it kind defeats the purpose of working your way to the top.

Guangfei is an ascendant power, but it scarcely did much yet. The Lengels probably take this too, actually.

how could the lengel get this when they didn't really rise much, they had the power from the beginning

Not really. Apart from Eldranian wars and Shalamari cultural imperialism, it wasn't nearly as important as it seemed.

Veritas? Swade? Lengel? all of them pushed their religion on everyone else, the whole great war was kind of a fight between one religion and another (atleast that is how i see it)

They are the greatest power right now, which is what really matters.
i agree

first i name the body of water the artlantic second did the second order work and third

To Norvalin and Arcadia
From Nontin
we wish for there to peace between us so a propose we set up divisions of land showing were neither of the other 2 will expand.

also the descriptions on the first page are from when i was going to settle on an island the ones for where i decided to settle are in the orders

Well, very good update, even if the traitorous Emorans have struck again. I'm not sure if I'm going to continue as Kehexou or not; if not, I'm not creating a Kehex successor state. Instead, I would basically just let the remaining Kehex generals ravage as much of Khemri as possible rather than disband. I just don't feel any real connection to Kehexou, having only joined a few turns ago.

On a separate note, are there any fertile, mountainous, Inca-esque regions in this world?

LittleBoots said:
Lets call that sea Saefern Mutha, to continue the slow takeover of the Celtic peoples :p

Also, not that its a big deal, but could you put /LittleBoots by Tir Tairngire in the stats so someone doesn't think its unclaimed/not created by me :p

Why oh why were real nations put around me? I like barbarians so much better ;)

Finally, I suggest Best Celtic-based Nation ;)
Oh, damn, you again? :p

You have to be peaceful and nice, all right? Otherwise, no bronze or iron!

Great Update!

I think I should have a chance for Least Aggressive, Most Aggressive, Most Original, and Largest Policy Shift.

jalapeno_dude said:
Oh, damn, you again? :p

You have to be peaceful and nice, all right? Otherwise, no bronze or iron!

Great Update!

I think I should have a chance for Least Aggressive, Most Aggressive, Most Original, and Largest Policy Shift.

Muhuhahaha. And this time, no Galloglach, cool name or no cool name ;) Probably something with a lot less armour, making them much easier to kill.

And I'd love to be peaceful and nice in return for bronze and iron :D

After that though... well... SOMEONE has to bring the light of civilization to the heathens... ;)

@Ironman - Sorry, I think that sea already got a name

From the Gorinese Empire
To the Lengel Horde

The Lord Kaiser would like to clarify that Shard is under the control of the Gorinese Empire, it being a very important religious site to us.

The age of Gorinese isolation is over, with the death of Lord Kaiser Dashada Oborski of natural causes, the Empire is now ready to reenter the international stage. As a first step to this Lord Kaiser Anthi Oborski IV would like to begin to officially trade with the Lengel.

Also, as to your war on Khemri, is there any chance for peace? Kehexou is destroyed and Khemri has already suffered so much, will you show them the same kindness that you have shown us?

To the Citadel of Knowledge

The Lord Kaiser has heard of your nation and its vast stores of knowledge, its great naval accomplishments. The Gorinese Empire is also interested in exploration. Perhaps your sailors and scholars could visit the Empire and share some of this knowledge.

To Gaungfei (not sure if i have contact or not oh well)

Greetings, the Lord Kaiser extends his hand of friendship to your people. If your ships can make the journey then our port of Drago is open to you. We hope that through this trade, that our two peoples will grow to understand each other more.

CC The International Community

The Gorinese Age of Isolation is over and with that, our port of Drago is open to trade.

OOC: age of Isolation? wasnt very long.

I should get most Useless player award.

Kentharu, Kehexou's army is larger than Khemri's, I believe. Kehexou is not destroyed, even if I decide to abandon it (which I may not).

Kal'thzar said:
Cuiv I had 11 eco points to spend. Plus the Emorians invaded a bit. anyway.

I left nothing on the mainland, as I knew I couldn't defend it anyway. 9 EPs, however, is a bit too much to compete against. We shall see.

It is not a ridiculous claim. Anyone that out at sea can spot high mountains before the actual shore. Unless for some weird reason this world is flat?
But maybe that's perspective? Objects get smaller and smaller in the distance until they're invisible. The coast is there, it's just too small to see, but the mountain is larger so it is still visible.

And if the world is round, why don't people fall of? ;)

To: Gerber
There is punishment either way. We know of the treachery you have done. We will have no negotiations.

Kehexou survives because it has converted much of Tekrehexou, which is a relatively friendly place to them.

On a separate note, are there any fertile, mountainous, Inca-esque regions in this world?
West of Tir Tairngire.

I'm going to do some work on awards now, maybe I won't be distracted from them this time. :p

To: Gorin

That is good. But keep in mind that we will not carry those who bear weapons on our ships.

EDIT: Iggy, send orders before you do awards!!!

Hmm... Are there nations already in this Inca-esque land, or would I be able to start completely fresh?

@Iggy: Who do I have contact with? Also, pretty please send in your jalNES orders so I can see what on earth is going to happen with my lunatic empire.

@Cuiv- Already nations.

@LB- You have contact with the Citadel and your immediate neighbours.

@Iggy - Thanks much! Also, are these neighbors Tuatha as well, or some other ethnicity?

To the Sea Gods of Shae da Dale
From the humble Tuatha

Mighty ones, we beseech you to revel ancient secrets to us and introduce us to the other Gods of your realm, that our people may become stronger.

LINESII Awards- Thread One

Most Powerful
Gold- Lengels. Though they started off powerful, their skillful campaigns and tactics have brought them to an even higher level.
Silver- Veritas. At its peak, it was able to fend off the entire Crystal Ridge Alliance nearly singlehandedly.
Bronze- Khemri. Similar in power to Veritas, but less lucky in its military actions.

Largest Nations
Gold- Lengels. Look at the map.
Silver- Guangfei. Lots of land, lots of population.
Bronze- Khemri. Maybe not the third largest, but its size AND population make this nation deserve the award.

Best Rise
Gold- Guangfei. From a tiny tribe to a sprawling power in barely 10 turns, Guangfei is the indisputable winner in this category.
Silver- Gamorrea. Years of death and suffering have finally ended, leaving a previously bankrupt and broken nation with a considerable empire.
Bronze- Although it started off stronger than many nations, the rise of the Lengels still must be credited for their conquest of vast tracts of land.

Best Comeback
Gold- Kehexou It was divided and conquered, rebelling from Khemri control later, then slowly strengthening and bringing Khemri to the brink of destruction.
Silver- Khemri. It survived and fully recovered from massive damage at the hands of Veritas during the Great War.
Bronze- Nurmafer. Despite retreating from their homelands twice, they recovered both times as a strong nation.

Greatest Fall
Gold- Veritas. Went from the largest, richest, and strongest nation in the world to practically nothing at the end of the Great War.
Silver- Davar. Davar was easily the most powerful non-CRA nation in the world, until its sudden destruction by the massive Lengel horde.
Bronze- Eldrania. While it was not unexpected, Eldrania's fall at the hands of a coalition of every nation around it, led by one of the greatest generals the world has yet seen was definitely a great fall.

Richest Nations
Gold- Khemri. Consistently standing around 7 economic points per turn in peacetime.
Silver- Gorin. While it has just reached this point, this nation is currently the richest in the world.
Bronze- Guangfei. Not yet as rich as nations to the north, but catching fast.

Greatest Religion
Gold- Oneism. Veritas' power and its dream in spreading its religion all over the earth has been quite successful, living beyond the nation which created it, although it is beginning to fracture.
Silver- Crystalism. The Yath'al Shanaal was very successful at spreading their religion to neighbours without war. Crystalism helped to hold together the CRA, for a time the most powerful force in the world.
Bronze- Khemri Polytheism/Andues. Khemri's religion has always been a great political tool, keeping the nation together in times of difficulty. It helped to split Kehexou, and at one point had followings as far away as Aney-Tigot.

Best Culture
Gold- Shalamari. The only nation to ever reach Wonder of the World cultural level, and the homeland of one of the major religions of the world.
Silver- Veritas. A strongly cultured nation, and also the home of a major religion.
Bronze- Khemri. No nation had a culture quite like this one. Khemri was virtually alone in practicing its religion, alone in many of its practices- its strength and survival is a testament to its strong culture.

Best Warmonger
Gold- Eldrania. Was at war with everyone for several turns, and did not just survive, but thrive.
Silver- Lengels. Haven't gone a turn without war or significant conquests.
Bronze- Veritas. Though they'd probably deny it, the Veritasians were strongly imperialistic and good at it to boot.

Best Builder
Gold- Guangfei. Has built up a powerful nation with only a few minor wars.
Silver- Shalamari. Quickly got over a warlike early history to become a powerful nation in every way.
Bronze- Citadel. Has become the most intelligent nation in the world, and is constantly trying to spread its ways around, to help others do the same.

Most Good
Gold- Citadel. Wants world peace, technological advancement... what else does one need to be called good?
Silver- Tristaria. Advocated freedom of religion and rights of the people, even while all of its neighbours promoted their own state religions and tried to keep their people on a short leash.
Bronze- Gorin. Gorin could have built an empire through conquest, but chose to take the high path. Their sparing of Yath'al Shanaal in the Crystalic War led to the creation of their closest friend and ally.

Most Evil
Gold- Eldrania. Their worldview required the destruction of all other life. What more is there to say?
Silver- Gerbers. Read any of das' recent stories? Also consider their pent-up hatred for the world due to bad campaigns, or their betrayal of the CRA.
Bronze- Swades. The Suwapa program. Constant inquisitions. The Fanaticism. Managing to alienate almost everyone from them. Not necessarily evil, but definitely making a good impression of it.

Most Abused
Gold- Gargari. Beaten up first by the Eldranians, then had several major wars fought on their soil, all of their cities destroyed, more people killed... and by the end of the Great Eldranian Crusade they and their lands were totally destroyed.
Silver- Aney-Tigot/Maugot. Not only did the Aneyans suffer terribly during the Eldranian reign of terror, the few survivors who fled northwards were all murdered by the Lengels, save one. Today, there are perhaps 10 pure-blooded Aneyans left in the world, all in Gorin.
Bronze- Gerbers. Vast parts of the population genocided by Shalamari, then even more genocided by Toghol-King for disagreeing with him.

Craziest Nations
Gold- Eldrania. Well, everyone else thought they were crazy.
Silver- Malkavia. The nation was in a constant state of religious tension, culminating in the civil war that destroyed it.
Bronze- Swades. Perhaps not crazy, but definitely fanatical.

Most Advanced
Gold- Citadel. Due to their constant researching, exploring and experimenting, technological development in this NES is advancing at a great speed.
Silver- Gorin. They have a strong technology-based culture and are at the cutting edge of material technology.
Bronze- Shalamari. Their practical domestic inventions allowed them to support a far larger population than you would expect from their small land area.

Most Unique
Gold- Eldrania/Citadel. I think this nation will be one of the things this NES is remembered for. Total violent megalomaniacs, to peaceful librarians, scholars and explorers.
Silver- Shalamari. It's rare when you get a nation both culturally powerful and militarily powerful at the same time.
Bronze- Kehexou. I really like these guys. People who 'live at sea', but they did not follow the mold of an OTL country. Rather, it is an entirely new but completely believeable nation.

Greatest Generalist
Gold- Gorin. This nation, I feel, deserved to win more awards. But in every category, it was outcompeted or overshadowed by superpowers. Then I realized why. Because Gorin is good at everything it does. A powerful army, a united religion, flourishing trade, good culture... This is the strength of Gorin.
Silver- Veritas. Managed to create a strong religion, a vibrant culture, and a powerful military all at the same time.
Bronze- Shalamari. Kept a mix of religious power, economic power and military power to become both a culturally and physically strong nation.

Top Bottom