LINESII- Into the Darkness

Yes! Best Comeback! :D

But, I think I will inaugurate a new thread with a new nation. Kal'thzar, I'm letting you off easy fighting an NPC Kehexou.

Kelios
Cities: Keliosir, Aldisir
Leader: Revered Almadi/Cuivienen
Religion: Alse
Government: Republic
Economy: 2–2/0
Population: TBD
Army: TBD
Navy: None
Education: None
Technology: Copper Age
Confidence: Tolerating
Culture: None
Wonders:
Description: Protected from roaming barbarians by a great mountain range that surrounds their valley, the two cities of Keliosir and Aldisir have risen to become civilized centers of agriculture, trading with each other and with the barbarian tribes beyond the mountains. With a strong history of the will of the people, the two cities are sometimes considered bureaucratic by outsiders, though the people believe that a republic is the only way that Alse may be followed. Recently, the two cities have come to merge their ruling councils in the interests of mutual defense, with a Revered elected from within the newly united council. The barbarians still threaten the valley, but the nation of Kelios is now strong and united.

Iggy, I'd like to start in the mountains somewhere on a continent other than the main one with no nations directly bordering me. I'd like to see my geography before writing up a description. I'm not doing an Inca-like nation, as you can see. Also, the fact that there are two cities is important to Celios's history, else I would have only put a capital.

Note on pronunciation: All Kelia words have the accent on the final syllable.

Im surprised that I got anything.
Edit; At least someone noticed that Malkavia was designed so I could fight a civil war, I really need to stop doing that.

To Gorin
From Lengels

We acknowledge your control of Shard, as it is of little meaning to us now that Shalamari has been fully purged. On the matter of trade, we will welcome it with open arms, and hope that such trade will bring prosperity to our nations mutually.

On the matter of Khemri however, we cannot in good faith abandon the plight of our ally Kehexou, who joined this war at our request. Their homelands must be restored, or else there would be no peace with the Lengel.

To Gerber
From the Lengel

While we do not agree with the rebellion of the Tristarian people from your righteous rule, we would rather them not be crushed, as their philosophy and history we are sympathetic too, and their fellows are members of Empire. As such, we offer Gerber the conquered Shalamari lands currently under Lengel control, as payment of Gerber's service to the Lengelzai, and in return Gerber will allow the Tristarian rebels to be absorbed into the Lengel Empire.

To Tristarian Rebels
From the Lengel

Gerber would crush your rebellion quite brutally, but the Lengelzai will offer such will and courage for independance with an offer. Join the Lengel empire, and we will allow you a decree of autonomy in the Lengel Empire, as we have offered the Davarians. Battle will be avoided, and peace and some measure of independance will be gained.

To Emor
From Lengel

You will be properly punished.

To Valin States
From Lengel

Emor derserves punishment for this transgression against the righteous campaign of the Lengel and the Kehexou against the Khemri, does it not? The Lengel will not allow those that go agaisnt the Will of Koke (One) to go unpunished.

Good update and awards! :goodjob:

OOC: Arcadia participated in the strike against Emor for their actions of bringing bladiests into Veritas, not because of the Valins.

To Nontin
From ArchBishop Caen of Arcadia

A NAP is fine as long as you agree to allow Pirian missionaries into your lands.

On the matter of Khemri however, we cannot in good faith abandon the plight of our ally Kehexou, who joined this war at our request. Their homelands must be restored, or else there would be no peace with the Lengel.

Its actually been the aim of both nations to unite the Royal families and hence unite the two nations and end this cycle of destruction thats been carried out for the past 1000 years or so.

EDIT:
But, I think I will inaugurate a new thread with a new nation. Kal'thzar, I'm letting you off easy fighting an NPC Kehexou.

I am eternally gratefull. Do you want me to worship you, no? Anything, anything at all :D

Meh not even the craziest award.

Kal'thzar said:
Its actually been the aim of both nations to unite the Royal families and hence unite the two nations and end this cycle of destruction thats been carried out for the past 1000 years or so.

For the record, the plan was to slaughter the Khemri Royal Family except for its youngest female member and marry her to Prince (now King) Kaxado. "Unification" is one way to describe it.

To Verta
From Lengel

You have a choice. Your affilation with Emor makes your nation a prospect for...cleansing. You can either continue your affiliation with the attackers of Kehexou, or you may join the Lengel in our crusade, and throw off the bonds of slavery to become fully recognized allies of the Lengel Empire.

Choose well, or pray to Koke (One) for mercy.

The Lengels, Kehoxu, Tellium, Gerber, Valin League Nations are at Peace with Khemri and Vice versa.

Khemri Will pay out a sum of 2 eco points a turn to the Lengels for 2 turns, whereafter a total of 1 eco point a turn will be paid out to the Lengels.

Khemri and Kehoxu Royal Lines will be merged and the nations of Khemri and Kehoxu United.

The Current Army of Kehoxu will be absorbed into the Lengel Army.

The United Kingdom of Kehoxu and Khemri will declare war on Emor for Territorial lands the emorians have violated.

Lengels and Khemri will sign an alliance.

Signed King Rhama

A NAP is fine as long as you agree to allow Pirian missionaries into your lands.
agreed ten

Kal'thzar said:
The Lengels, Kehoxu, Tellium, Gerber, Valin League Nations are at Peace with Khemri and Vice versa.

Khemri Will pay out a sum of 2 eco points a turn to the Lengels for 2 turns, whereafter a total of 1 eco point a turn will be paid out to the Lengels.

Khemri and Kehoxu Royal Lines will be merged and the nations of Khemri and Kehoxu United.

The Current Army of Kehoxu will be absorbed into the Lengel Army.

The United Kingdom of Kehoxu and Khemri will declare war on Emor for Territorial lands the emorians have violated.

Lengels and Khemri will sign an alliance.

Signed King Rhama

We agree, although the former Kehexou army may choose which nation it wishes to serve, as we have no wish to seperate them from their kin.

To Davarian Recruits
From the Lengelzai

I remember my debts, and I will pay them in full. For your service in the War of Unification (Khemri-Kehexou-Lengel Alliance War), you will be rewarded with an appropiate amount of land, as well as local assemblies for local autonomy, as I promised. However, I also offer the chance for you to fully enter the Lengel War-Host's army, for a chance of glory against the betrayers Emor (and later the Bladeists), and glory in battle. Any wealth gained on campaign is a soldiers to keep as honorably gained wealth, and longer service with the War-Host will be rewarded with a larger piece of land (or horses/cattle if nomadic)

To Lengel Recruits
From Lengelzai

Koke bless your efforts, in all that you do. You have greatly helped the Lengel Empire, and have abided by our laws and honor. Thus, you are to be rewarded. You may leave the War-Host with the Honor the Lengelzai upon your family name, and an appropiate reward of cattle and Horses, as well as silk. However, if you wish to continue to the serve the War-Host, you will campaign for glory against the Lengelzai's enemies, and be able to keep any wealth gained. A reward for long service will be a large amount of cattle and horses and silk, as well as honor and glory in battle. No matter the choice, you will be blessed by Koke and hold the favor of the Lengelzai.

Awards Summery

Eldrania: 4G, 1B
Veritas: 2G, 3S, 1B
Guangfei: 2G, 1S, 1B
Lengels: 2G, 1S, 1B
Citadel: 2G, 1B
Shalamari: 1G, 3S, 2B
Gorin: 1G, 2S, 1B
Khemri: 1G, 1S, 4B
Kehexou: 1G, 1B
Gargari: 1G
Gerbers: 1S, 1B
Gamorrea: 1S
Davar: 1S
Tristaria: 1S
Aney-Tigot/Maugot: 1S
Malkavia: 1S
Swades: 2B
Nurmafer: 1B

Hmm Elderania won...*ponders a dead nation winning*, kudos to JD for getting 2 nations in the top 5 however :D

In fact, the top two nations are both dead. (Eldrania more thoroughly than Veritas, but you get the idea.)

True, but there is no nation of Veritas. (At least, at the moment. I get the impression that Contempt plans to create one.)

Iggy, when you update stats, could you put Kelios's stats up? I've written a description with the assumption that the requested geography exists.

To: Lengels

It is done.

*high fives all around*

To: Lengels

Very well we will aid you.

To: Emor

Our apologies.

I'm starting up the new thread in a moment.

I have defeated all of my enemies as well das, does that mean im the winner? I have no enemies. And i don't consider the Lengel an enemy

Well that's a shame. You haven't defeated the Lengels, you hid from them. ;) I do not recall you succesfully and fully defeating anyone, with the possible exception of Veritas that wasn't even a direct threat to you.

it kind defeats the purpose of working your way to the top.

History isn't fair. :p Not fair at all.

how could the lengel get this when they didn't really rise much, they had the power from the beginning

At the beginning they were a minor group of tribes. As was Guangfei. At the end, Guangfei is still consolidating itself and preparing for future glory, while the Lengels dominate the northern Cradle.

Veritas? Swade? Lengel? all of them pushed their religion on everyone else, the whole great war was kind of a fight between one religion and another (atleast that is how i see it)

You see it wrongly. ;) Veritas was pushed by very simple Roman mixture paranoia and imperialism; the religion was utterly irrelevant, take away the religion and only minor details would have changed. Swade is merely very aggressive. Rather like Wilhelmine Germany which needed an outlet for its expansion and more resources to fuel its progress. Again, religion only slightly tweaked things. Lengels being driven by religion is utter nonsense. They were driven by a very simple need to expand, lebensraum and all that. Rather like the OTL Mongols.

Bronze- Nurmafer. Despite retreating from their homelands twice, they recovered both times as a strong nation.

Shouldn't Nurmafer get Gold then? It seems to have been defeated the worst in the past, and twice at that, but...

Greatest Fall

IMHO Shalamari should get Bronze at least. It had far to fall. And fell, consequently.

spreading their religion to neighbours without war.

Remember the Nkondi and their trade center. ;)

Silver- Gerbers. Read any of das' recent stories? Also consider their pent-up hatred for the world due to bad campaigns, or their betrayal of the CRA.

Bronze- Gerbers. Vast parts of the population genocided by Shalamari, then even more genocided by Toghol-King for disagreeing with him.

Thanks - didn't expect any awards having joined rather recently. And I promise that I WILL get Gold next season. ;)

IC:

There is punishment either way.

And you expected something else? Like a reward for rising up against your rulers?

To Gerber
From the Lengel
While we do not agree with the rebellion of the Tristarian people from your righteous rule, we would rather them not be crushed, as their philosophy and history we are sympathetic too, and their fellows are members of Empire. As such, we offer Gerber the conquered Shalamari lands currently under Lengel control, as payment of Gerber's service to the Lengelzai, and in return Gerber will allow the Tristarian rebels to be absorbed into the Lengel Empire.

We have paid for their lands in blood, and will not surrender our right to them. But we are willing to let the rebels - not counting their leaders ofcourse, for if the grievous sin of rebellion is not punished, many more will make it custom - move to your lands safely if they so please, as they are not worth a disagreement between two allies.

Top Bottom