1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

LINESII- Into the Darkness

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Lord_Iggy, Feb 21, 2006.

1. andis-1

andis-1 The Hedgehog

well, I got one at least :/

2. Cuivienen

Cuivienen Deity

Yes! Best Comeback! :D

But, I think I will inaugurate a new thread with a new nation. Kal'thzar, I'm letting you off easy fighting an NPC Kehexou.

Kelios
    Cities: Keliosir, Aldisir
    Leader: Revered Almadi/Cuivienen
    Religion: Alse
    Government: Republic
    Economy: 2–2/0
    Population: TBD
    Army: TBD
    Navy: None
    Education: None
    Technology: Copper Age
    Confidence: Tolerating
    Culture: None
    Wonders:
    Description: Protected from roaming barbarians by a great mountain range that surrounds their valley, the two cities of Keliosir and Aldisir have risen to become civilized centers of agriculture, trading with each other and with the barbarian tribes beyond the mountains. With a strong history of the will of the people, the two cities are sometimes considered bureaucratic by outsiders, though the people believe that a republic is the only way that Alse may be followed. Recently, the two cities have come to merge their ruling councils in the interests of mutual defense, with a Revered elected from within the newly united council. The barbarians still threaten the valley, but the nation of Kelios is now strong and united.

Iggy, I'd like to start in the mountains somewhere on a continent other than the main one with no nations directly bordering me. I'd like to see my geography before writing up a description. I'm not doing an Inca-like nation, as you can see. Also, the fact that there are two cities is important to Celios's history, else I would have only put a capital.

Note on pronunciation: All Kelia words have the accent on the final syllable.

3. Oruc

Oruc Reactionary

Im surprised that I got anything.
    Edit; At least someone noticed that Malkavia was designed so I could fight a civil war, I really need to stop doing that.

4. Contempt

Contempt The Barbarian Warlord

To Gorin
    From Lengels

We acknowledge your control of Shard, as it is of little meaning to us now that Shalamari has been fully purged. On the matter of trade, we will welcome it with open arms, and hope that such trade will bring prosperity to our nations mutually.

On the matter of Khemri however, we cannot in good faith abandon the plight of our ally Kehexou, who joined this war at our request. Their homelands must be restored, or else there would be no peace with the Lengel.

To Gerber
    From the Lengel

While we do not agree with the rebellion of the Tristarian people from your righteous rule, we would rather them not be crushed, as their philosophy and history we are sympathetic too, and their fellows are members of Empire. As such, we offer Gerber the conquered Shalamari lands currently under Lengel control, as payment of Gerber's service to the Lengelzai, and in return Gerber will allow the Tristarian rebels to be absorbed into the Lengel Empire.

To Tristarian Rebels
    From the Lengel

Gerber would crush your rebellion quite brutally, but the Lengelzai will offer such will and courage for independance with an offer. Join the Lengel empire, and we will allow you a decree of autonomy in the Lengel Empire, as we have offered the Davarians. Battle will be avoided, and peace and some measure of independance will be gained.

To Emor
    From Lengel

You will be properly punished.

To Valin States
    From Lengel

Emor derserves punishment for this transgression against the righteous campaign of the Lengel and the Kehexou against the Khemri, does it not? The Lengel will not allow those that go agaisnt the Will of Koke (One) to go unpunished.

Good update and awards! :goodjob:

5. ~Darkening~

~Darkening~ Weep, Mother.

OOC: Arcadia participated in the strike against Emor for their actions of bringing bladiests into Veritas, not because of the Valins.

To Nontin
    From ArchBishop Caen of Arcadia

A NAP is fine as long as you agree to allow Pirian missionaries into your lands.

6. Kal'thzar

Kal'thzar Deity

Its actually been the aim of both nations to unite the Royal families and hence unite the two nations and end this cycle of destruction thats been carried out for the past 1000 years or so.

EDIT:
    I am eternally gratefull. Do you want me to worship you, no? Anything, anything at all :D

7. Kozmos

Kozmos Jew Detective

Meh not even the craziest award.

8. Cuivienen

Cuivienen Deity

For the record, the plan was to slaughter the Khemri Royal Family except for its youngest female member and marry her to Prince (now King) Kaxado. "Unification" is one way to describe it.

9. Kal'thzar

Kal'thzar Deity

Problem being that I attach young Princes to the army. For security and educations sake really :/

10. Contempt

To Verta
    From Lengel

You have a choice. Your affilation with Emor makes your nation a prospect for...cleansing. You can either continue your affiliation with the attackers of Kehexou, or you may join the Lengel in our crusade, and throw off the bonds of slavery to become fully recognized allies of the Lengel Empire.

Choose well, or pray to Koke (One) for mercy.

11. Kal'thzar

Kal'thzar Deity

The Lengels, Kehoxu, Tellium, Gerber, Valin League Nations are at Peace with Khemri and Vice versa.

Khemri Will pay out a sum of 2 eco points a turn to the Lengels for 2 turns, whereafter a total of 1 eco point a turn will be paid out to the Lengels.

Khemri and Kehoxu Royal Lines will be merged and the nations of Khemri and Kehoxu United.

The Current Army of Kehoxu will be absorbed into the Lengel Army.

The United Kingdom of Kehoxu and Khemri will declare war on Emor for Territorial lands the emorians have violated.

Lengels and Khemri will sign an alliance.

Signed King Rhama

12. Cuivienen

Cuivienen Deity

Errr... Wow. Emor, surrender now. :crazyeye:

13. IronMan2055

IronMan2055 Korra 2011

agreed ten

14. Contempt

We agree, although the former Kehexou army may choose which nation it wishes to serve, as we have no wish to seperate them from their kin.

To Davarian Recruits
    From the Lengelzai

I remember my debts, and I will pay them in full. For your service in the War of Unification (Khemri-Kehexou-Lengel Alliance War), you will be rewarded with an appropiate amount of land, as well as local assemblies for local autonomy, as I promised. However, I also offer the chance for you to fully enter the Lengel War-Host's army, for a chance of glory against the betrayers Emor (and later the Bladeists), and glory in battle. Any wealth gained on campaign is a soldiers to keep as honorably gained wealth, and longer service with the War-Host will be rewarded with a larger piece of land (or horses/cattle if nomadic)

To Lengel Recruits
    From Lengelzai

Koke bless your efforts, in all that you do. You have greatly helped the Lengel Empire, and have abided by our laws and honor. Thus, you are to be rewarded. You may leave the War-Host with the Honor the Lengelzai upon your family name, and an appropiate reward of cattle and Horses, as well as silk. However, if you wish to continue to the serve the War-Host, you will campaign for glory against the Lengelzai's enemies, and be able to keep any wealth gained. A reward for long service will be a large amount of cattle and horses and silk, as well as honor and glory in battle. No matter the choice, you will be blessed by Koke and hold the favor of the Lengelzai.

15. Kal'thzar

Kal'thzar Deity

Awards Summery

Eldrania: 4G, 1B
    Veritas: 2G, 3S, 1B
    Guangfei: 2G, 1S, 1B
    Lengels: 2G, 1S, 1B
    Citadel: 2G, 1B
    Shalamari: 1G, 3S, 2B
    Gorin: 1G, 2S, 1B
    Khemri: 1G, 1S, 4B
    Kehexou: 1G, 1B
    Gargari: 1G
    Gerbers: 1S, 1B
    Gamorrea: 1S
    Davar: 1S
    Tristaria: 1S
    Aney-Tigot/Maugot: 1S
    Malkavia: 1S
    Swades: 2B
    Nurmafer: 1B

Hmm Elderania won...*ponders a dead nation winning*, kudos to JD for getting 2 nations in the top 5 however :D

16. Cuivienen

Cuivienen Deity

In fact, the top two nations are both dead. (Eldrania more thoroughly than Veritas, but you get the idea.)

17. Kal'thzar

Kal'thzar Deity

Vertias is still hanging around, you can see its shadow through the nations of Valin.

18. Cuivienen

Cuivienen Deity

True, but there is no nation of Veritas. (At least, at the moment. I get the impression that Contempt plans to create one.)

Iggy, when you update stats, could you put Kelios's stats up? I've written a description with the assumption that the requested geography exists.

19. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

To: Lengels

It is done.

*high fives all around*

To: Lengels

Very well we will aid you.

To: Emor

Our apologies.

I'm starting up the new thread in a moment.

20. das

das Regeneration In Process

Well that's a shame. You haven't defeated the Lengels, you hid from them. ;) I do not recall you succesfully and fully defeating anyone, with the possible exception of Veritas that wasn't even a direct threat to you.

History isn't fair. :p Not fair at all.

At the beginning they were a minor group of tribes. As was Guangfei. At the end, Guangfei is still consolidating itself and preparing for future glory, while the Lengels dominate the northern Cradle.

You see it wrongly. ;) Veritas was pushed by very simple Roman mixture paranoia and imperialism; the religion was utterly irrelevant, take away the religion and only minor details would have changed. Swade is merely very aggressive. Rather like Wilhelmine Germany which needed an outlet for its expansion and more resources to fuel its progress. Again, religion only slightly tweaked things. Lengels being driven by religion is utter nonsense. They were driven by a very simple need to expand, lebensraum and all that. Rather like the OTL Mongols.

Shouldn't Nurmafer get Gold then? It seems to have been defeated the worst in the past, and twice at that, but...

IMHO Shalamari should get Bronze at least. It had far to fall. And fell, consequently.

Remember the Nkondi and their trade center. ;)

Thanks - didn't expect any awards having joined rather recently. And I promise that I WILL get Gold next season. ;)

IC:

And you expected something else? Like a reward for rising up against your rulers?

We have paid for their lands in blood, and will not surrender our right to them. But we are willing to let the rebels - not counting their leaders ofcourse, for if the grievous sin of rebellion is not punished, many more will make it custom - move to your lands safely if they so please, as they are not worth a disagreement between two allies.