List Enhancements for VP

@vyyt Of course it is possible. I manage to substitute type-name with new name. Do you prefer maybe "New name (type-name)" look or type is irrelevant for you?
I updated this mod to Github so now you can look at the code updates.
I will do v5 realese later on. Maybe I will do some more changes. Any ideas? @ryanmusante?

@vyyt Of course it is possible. I manage to substitute type-name with new name. Do you prefer maybe "New name (type-name)" look or type is irrelevant for you?
I updated this mod to Github so now you can look at the code updates.
Nice!!! Thank you very much. New name (type-name) sounds good to me. And ordered alphabetically by the new name. Will check GitHub during the weekend.

Actual progress:
upload_2018-12-8_18-34-18.png

@vyyt Side question. I'm looking for interesting map script. I used communitas, Fantasia and Planet Simulator map scripts but I'm not happy with them. I saw you use Tectonic map script. What can you say about it? Some favourite map settings? Some advice?

Last edited:
Further Github update:
upload_2018-12-9_17-25-49.png
upload_2018-12-9_17-26-13.png
upload_2018-12-9_17-26-27.png

Further Github update:
Very nice work!

A question about status column. With the changes in VP, what status does using enact?

What are the actual differencee between alerting, fortified and healing as shown in the UI? Will citadels change that? Will forts count always as fortified status?

Is it possible to show the promotion icons next to the promotion name? Could that be added? If so, would it be compatible with VP promo icons?

Last edited:
I thought about promotion icons but it will not be possible, probably.PProblems with putting them into text.

Alert, fortify (gets def bonus) and heal are appropriate buttons in units action panel. Garrison is in city (isGarrison).II dont know how it corelate with firts and citadels. I will check them and if they are not taken into account I can add additional info like: "At post" or smth. What do you suggest?

@Infixo you could add some tooltip info in MO pointing the cities affected by trade routes. Or it is available somewhere? How did you resolved those issues in your mod?
What VP changes?

Last edited:
@adan_eslavo
As for the appropriate wording, I will look into it and do some research. "post" or "fort" might get confused or add more terms than necessary.

It was months ago but the "do nothing" option was scrapped to simplify AI's decision making on missions.

Below is clipped from a post earlier this year about the discussion.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/idea-scrap-the-fortify-mission.631652/page-9#post-15109364
re AI: i just deleted about 300 lines of code because everything is much simpler now: heal/fortify/sleep/skip are all the same to the AI. so that's good, less potential for mistakes.

i'll see if i can them no to dance around so much.

re forts: i didn't change anything here, but i fully agree that i never use them. so probably something should be done.

Last edited:
But this ui is for humans and for us those options are still available so differentiating them is necessary imho.

For ai all mean the same, but which one of those 4? Can they heal?

But this ui is for humans and for us those options are still available so differentiating them is necessary imho.

For ai all mean the same, but which one of those 4? Can they heal?
My mistake, you are right.

It only changes the AI perspective so for humans it should remain the same.

Last edited:
More stuff on github:
upload_2018-12-10_21-47-46.png
upload_2018-12-10_21-48-5.png
upload_2018-12-10_21-48-18.png

More stuff on github
This brings to my attention the fact that I use particular missions far too often. How does the Global - Units Awake Danger mod affect Alert/Fortify status?
Code:
<CustomModOptions>
        <Update>
            <Where Name="BUGFIX_UNITS_AWAKE_IN_DANGER"/>
            <Set Value="1"/>
        </Update>

Last edited:
Dont know. I dont play this mod. You can test it. But if it does not add any new state then it should be ok. What is the difference between this and standard alerting?

Now I reworked and fixed City List:
upload_2018-12-11_22-0-3.png
upload_2018-12-11_23-22-41.png
upload_2018-12-11_23-22-56.png
upload_2018-12-11_23-23-7.png

Last edited:
This is great, it can be a good replacement when you don't want the EUI city/unit display on the left-hand side of the screen. It serves its purpose in many ways being that it gives a lot of information in tool-tips too. I don't think some people even are aware of the list box due to most keeping the default selection from game start. I will post a comparison screen shot.

Exactly! The EUI stuff is not easily toggable (only through settings) and takes the screen. Whats more important for me, if I have 10+ cities it is useless. Same for unit list near bottom. And I'm still working on it. And you cant sort EUI out.

Last edited:
Further city list rework:
upload_2018-12-12_23-54-34.png
upload_2018-12-12_23-54-50.png
upload_2018-12-12_23-55-1.png
upload_2018-12-12_23-55-14.png

No, its possible range attack when someone is invading territory. Clicking on the icon centers view on attacked city. I will add tooltip probably.

Number is defense value. You can sort it.

Last edited:
@Infixo, @Enginseer is it possible to apply two sorting methods on one ui field? What I mean is I have production column and I would like to sort it by number of turns to complete via lcklick and by process name via rcklick. I know how to put those two lists into sortEntry but how to execute it? Theres only one field Controls.SortProduction.

Top Bottom