List of trade delegation gifts

That's the Trade Delegation Suggestions thread. This thread is about those already present in-game.

Oh.....ok, I will eventually update this thread once I fully recovered from the effects of my around the world jet lag......

Well, off the top of my head the Robert sends you haggis, Shaka gives you an Iklwa and Wilhelmina gives stroopwaffles and clogs (though for some bizarre reason she just calls them "wooden shoes" rather than clogs :confused:)
I thought the correct term for them is sabot?

I thought the correct term for them is sabot?

I think it does depend on what country they are from? Different places have different names for them but tbh I always thought clogs were the generic name for wooden shoes.

Indeed, that link suggests there's loads of names, and that Dutch ones should be specifically called "Klompen" which IMO is a great name :lol:

I think it does depend on what country they are from? Different places have different names for them but tbh I always thought clogs were the generic name for wooden shoes.

Indeed, that link suggests there's loads of names, and that Dutch ones should be specifically called "Klompen" which IMO is a great name :lol:
Well, in contemporary English, a clog is a flat shoe with no heel strap or back, regardless of what it's made from.

@Guandao

I saw that you added in the trade delegation gifts from R&F leaders.

However, you did not add what the R&F leaders offer you for visiting their nearest city.

I'm still jet lagged and sleep deprived....:cry:, I will update it tomorrow....

Bump for Gathering Storm leaders

Let me bring @Guandao back.

• Matthias Corvinus: Fine lace, crossbow emblazoned with the player's heraldry, paprikash made from Matthias Corvinus' family recipe (which is really anachronistic)
• Kupe: Pounamu, korowai cloaks, huhu grubs
• Wilfrid Laurier: Maple syrup, wool blankets, toque
• Pachacuti: Alpaca wool, turquoise, some cooked cuy
• Mansa Musa: Indigo cloth, Kikeliba tea, one hundred porters carrying sacks of gold dust
• Kristina: Bandy sticks, pickled herring, lingonsylt, knäckebröd
• Suleiman: Rubies, emeralds, goldwork, many delicacies, chesnidjibashi (food taster)
• Dido: Murex purple, Lebanon cedar, olives
• Eleanor: Crystal vase, wine, truffles, dozen troubadours

Last edited:
Suleiman gives out rubies, emeralds, goldwork and many delicacies along with a chesnidjibashi (Imperial food taster) to make sure it isn't poisoned.

Last edited:
Updated to include this.

I would like to know which video it is in and the timestamp when Suleiman mentions this.
GamerZakh's video at 13:16.

Bump for Gathering Storm leaders

Let me bring @Guandao back.

• Matthias Corvinus: Fine lace, crossbow emblazoned with the player's heraldry, paprikash made from Matthias Corvinus' family recipe (which is really anachronistic)
• Kupe: Pounamu, korowai cloaks, huhu grubs
• Wilfrid Laurier: [don't know]
• Pachacuti: Alpaca wool, turquoise, some cooked cuy
• Mansa Musa: Indigo cloth, Kikeliba tea, one hundred porters carrying sacks of gold dust
• Kristina: [don't know]
• Suleiman: Rubies, emeralds, goldwork, many delicacies, chesnidjibashi (food taster)
• Dido: Murex purple, Lebanon cedar, olives
• Eleanor: [too early]
Oh... great. These're true.
--
Gifts from Laurier: maple syrup, wool blankets, and traditional headgear (The toque), please.
[found from PotatoMcWhiskey's video (part 4, duration 20:17)]

Last edited:
Oh... great. These're true.
--
Gifts from Laurier: maple syrup, wool blankets, and traditional headgear (The toque), please.
[found from PotatoMcWhiskey's video (part 4, duration 20:17)]
Updated to include Laurier's gifts.

Good thing that unlike Jayavarman VII nor Matthias Corvinus, despite being one of my favourite dishes, Laurier's trade delegation didn't have an anachronistic dish such as poutine (as it was invented in the 1950s, a few decades after Laurier's death).

Last edited:
Kristina gives bandy sticks, pickled herring, lingonsylt, and knackebrod (at 22:12 of Biffa's part 3 playthrough)

Ah, the crystal vase is a reference to the only known object that she owned that still exists. It was a wedding gift to her that she regifted to a church.
I remember reading that the vase was actually bequeathed to her by her grandfather and then was gifted by her to Louis VII as a wedding gift. He, in turn, gave it to a church. The vase itself, is of Sassanian provenance and was probably gifted to Eleanor's grandfather by a Muslim ally. It can be seen in the Louvre in Paris today.

Top Bottom