LizNES5: Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying, And Love The Bomb

Orders not received? Goodness. :( I'm still in though. When will those silly Americans learn?

Also, does (++) mean something different from (+)? Why did everyone else get ++2 IP for the currency, when I only got ++1? Just curious.

Unless I'm wrong ++IP is analogous to "plus the amount of IP you gain each turn" as opposed to "plus to current IP surplus".

Sorry. This NES is dead until further notice.

What happened TLK?

I can't help but feel this decision was made somewhat rashly. I don't consider this NES to be over yet, unless TLK feels he cannot continue it whatsoever.

California went into space. The entire state. We poked a hole in the atmosphere and everyone died.

Sorry.

This ranks as one of the best NESes I have ever been part of.

If you need help modding it, I can sacrifice my duties to my glorious nation to help write updates.

I really appreciate it Dreadnought. The stats are killing me. The techs especially, coupled with the fact that I get the vibe that only 3-4 of you are actually enjoying this. My goal was to at least reach 1970, but the way things are/were going, I wasn't going to be able to do it. Real life sucks a whole lot too, of course, the last thing I feel like doing when hoping on the forums is dealing with.. unhappiness upon unhappiness. So meh.

In this NES, the goal was an 'easier' to mod NES. It has not proven to be as such. I really enjoy moderating. But I don't have a good system to make me a good moderator. I have all kinds of ideas for NES's, that I'd like to be able to follow through to at least 10 updates. But I continuesly shoot myself in the foot.

I may be a brand new NESer, but I can safely say I was having a great time :) Then again if this is really something you don't enjoy . . . I've been down that road before as a GM. I won't fault you for moving on to something else - and I can sympathize with you about the "all kinds of ideas" and not being able to pull through . . . that's me in a nutshell.

The point of it is - make a new set of rules, pick a few buddies, and test-play it over PM. Refine it until you can manage it and still have a blast. Then start up "LizNES 6 Love Da Bomb 2" or some such in the year 1980 and see how things go. Or just start a new project. Whatever you decide to do, make sure it is under no circumstances "give up and stop GMing" - the art may be fickle and unrewarding, but ultimately there's nothing like it.

And you've done an unbelievable job so far - I couldn't have even started something like this. Kudos to you! :goodjob:

-L

At least we got to the Beatles. :D

..... :( :( :( :(. Please dont kill this NES. This has really become my favorite, and is the best on on the forum since I started NESing.

Top Bottom