LK156, Spain, CCM 2.0

The cities may give you better steam rollers if they are our population. You could emphasize growth for cities building them and rush when 2 of our people are there.
It seems that if more than 1/2 the population is Spanish we get the better steam roller. We have a few cities that grow 2 population in 2 turns so that is where I am rushing steam rollers. I am also rushing some Steamrollers in the captured cities. The lesser steam rollers are good for roads, mines, planting forests, irrigation.

Before End of 1635 AD

Trades:
Elephants, Coffee, 7988 gold and 168 gpt to Austria for Improved Steam Engines.
Improved Steam Engines, Wines, Furs, Spices, Silver and 433 gold to Maghreb for Nationalism.
Steam Power to Britain for 130 gold and 86 gpt.
Free Artistry to Aztecs for 153 gold and 12 gpt.
Wines to the Inca for 140 gold.

and I hit enter:

Between Turn: The British are building the Alamo.
Rifleman kills Dutch Artillery (1, 0).

1640 AD:
Attacking Amsterdam:
e* Dragoon retreats wounded, e* Dragoon killed (1, 1). Dragoons kill 2 Riflemen (3, 1); Dragoon killed by Rifleman (3, 2); Dragoons kill 2 Riflemen (5, 2); Dragoon killed by Rifleman (5, 3); We start to face wounded defenders. Dragoons kill the 6 remaining defenders (11, 3). Amsterdam is captured. Besides some happy face wonders we retrieved 8964 gold from the Dutch tulip and tech collectors in Amsterdam.

We plant a spy in the Lowlands. Our Spy steals Fascism from the Dutch (cost 3912). Our spy then steals Steel from the Dutch (3912). Feeling I pressed my luck enough, I stop stealing for the moment.

Trades:
Fascism to Maghreb for The Corporation and 36 gold.
We have 6 surplus wines so;
Wine to Korea for 136 gold.
Wine to Aztec for 16 gold and 2 gpt.
Wine to Britain for 40 gold and 1 gpt.

By Xinjian:
Lawyer finds a talented Israeli Horsearcher (12, 3) and books him for a performance in Amsterdam.
Heavy Artillery kills Dutch Rifleman (13, 3). e Dragoons kill 4 Israeli Horsearchers (17, 3); e Dragoon kills a Horsesarcher and gets a Great Leader. (18, 3).

The Leader rushes Wall Street in Lime in the Coconut.

e Dragoons kill 2 Israeli Horsearchers (20, 3). e Lawyer signs a Swiss Merc to a performance contract. (21,3). Dragoon killed by Horsearcher (21, 4). Enslaver kills Adventurer. Lawyer kills Horsearcher (22, 4). Heavy Artillery kills Horsearcher (23, 4); e Horse Artillery kills Horsearcher (24, 4) and we get a Great Leader. He will be used next turn.

Note: I was going to use the Great Leader to rush Industrial Center but, it is broken. It has been fixed in the newer releases of CCM2.

By Amsterdam:
regular Dragoon kills Horsearcher (25, 4); Horse Artillery kills Rifleman (26, 4); Horse Artillery kill 5 Horsearchers (31, 4). Dragoons kill 3 Horsearchers. (34, 4).

Between Turn:
Line Infantry killed by Dutch Dragoon. (34, 5)
Israel wants peace I accept.

1645 AD:
Great Leader rushes Cruiser Project in Salamanca.

Attacking Antwerp:
Dragoon kills Rifleman (35, 5); 2 Dragoons killed by Rifleman (35, 7); Dragoon kills Rifleman (36, 7); 2 Dragoons killed by Rifleman (36, 9); Dragoons kill 2 Riflemen (38, 9); Dragoon kills Dragoon (39,9) and Antwerp is captured. 9266 in gold is retrieved from the Dutch tulip and tech collectors.

It worked last turn, so we attempt to steal tech (cost 3912) from the Dutch and we learn the secrets of Marine Engineering. :D

Attacking Rotterdam:
e Dragoon kills a rifleman (35, 9) and gets a Great Leader. Great Leader rushes University in Madrid.

e Dragoons kill 2 Line Infantry (37, 9) and capture Rotterdam. 9523 in gold is retrieved from the Dutch tulip and tech collectors.

We steal the Nubian World Map (2360 gold). Unfortunately they did not explore south into Dutch territory.

By Amsterdam Dragoon kills lawyer (Dutch?) (38, 9); e Dragoon kills Dutch Heavy Artillery (39, 9). E Heavy Artillery kills Line Infantry (40, 9). Missionary kills line Infantry (41, 9).

Attacking The Hague:
Dragoon kills Line Infantry (42, 9); Dragoon kills regular Rifleman (43, 9); Dragoon kills Line Infantry (44, 9); Dragoon kills Dragoon (45, 9) and captures The Hague. 9821 in gold is retrieved from the Dutch tulip and tech collectors. Also, we capture 4 workers (it looked like I captured a Steamroller but, I only got workers).

Horse Artillery kill 2 Line Infantry (47, 9);

We steal the Mongol World Map (2345 gold).

Between Turns:
Dragoon kills Dutch Rifleman (48, 9).

1650 AD:
Attacking Bruges:
Dragoon kills Rifleman (49, 9); Dragoon killed by Rifleman (49, 10); 2 Dragoons kill Rifleman (51,10) and capture Bruges. 6857 in gold is retrieved from the Dutch tulip and tech collectors.

Lawyer kills an Israeli Horsearcher (52, 10). Lawyer signs a Horsearcher to a recording contract (53,10).

We steal India’s World Map (2316 gold).

Attacking Namur:
Dragoon kills Rifleman (54, 10); Dragoon kills Line Infantry and captures Namur. 7429 in gold is retrieved from the Dutch tulip and tech collectors.

Attacking Liege:
Dragoon kills Line Infantry (55, 10); Infantry kills Late Pike (56, 10); Dragoon kills Dragoon (57, 10) and Liege is captured. 8172 in gold is retrieved from the Dutch tulip and tech collectors.

Missionary converts a Dutch Crossbow. (58,10)

Between Turns:
The Poles want to cancel their trading Gems to us. I renew the trade giving them Wines and Construction for the Gems.

South Africa wants an MPP and right of Passage plus ants us to pay them 54 gpt. :crazyeye:
As a counter proposal I ask for a tribute of 50 gpt. He turns me down. Now to find out where he is located and if it is worth it to Declare War. :D

1655 AD:
Attack on Groningen:
Dragoon kills Rifleman (58, 10); 2 Heavy Artillery kill Rifleman (60, 10) and Groningen is captured. 9327 in gold is retrieved from the Dutch tulip and tech collectors. Steamroller in Groningen was turned into 2 workers.

Attack on Eindoven:
e Dragoon killed by Rifleman (60, 11); e Dragoon kills Line Infantry (61, 11); 2 Dragoons kill Rifleman and Eindoven is captured. 10882 in gold is retrieved from the Dutch tulip and tech collectors.

Attack on Maastricht:
2 Dragoons kill Rifleman (63, 11); Dragoon killed by Rifleman (63, 12); Dragoon kills Rifleman (64,12). Maastricht (size 1) is destroyed but, 13603 in gold is retrieved from the Dutch tulip and tech collectors.

Attack on Chareroi:
e Dragoon kills Rifleman (65, 12); e Dragoon kills Line Infantry (66, 12); e Dragoon kills reg Rifleman (67, 12) and Chareroi is captured. 40809 in gold is retrieved from the Dutch tulip and tech collectors.

We have destroyed the Dutch.

Between Turns:
Korea and Inca sign MPP.
The British are building Victoria Era.
Inca are building National Monument.

1660 AD:
I try to goad Israel into declaring war. First telling them to remove their troops from our territory. They comply. Then I tried to plant a spy and succeeded. Then I tried to seal their World Map and succeeded. :dunno:

I spend the turn building infrastructure. We are 5 turns from learning Scientific Method, I have started pre-building. It seems to me Greece or Austria could learn Scientific Method before us so it is also in preparation of having to race one or both of them.

Between Turns: :sleep:

1665 AD:
Enslaver killed by Israeli Horsearcher (67, 13).
Building infrastructure.

Between Turns:
Korea and Austria sign a MPP.
Korea declares war on the Mongols.
Victorian Era is completed in London.
Greeks have completed the Blue Riband
Greece has learned Industrialization.
I see some Inca troops moving southwest. Preparing to attack us?

1670 AD:
We Complete the Transcontinental Railroad (puts a Rail yard in all our cities).
We Steal Industrialization from the Greeks (6174 gold). :D
If the 4 turn minimum on learning a tech applies to the AI we will beat Greece to Scientific Method by 1 turn. Still do not know what Austria is learning.

Between turns:
USA and Austria sign a MPP.
Inca and Nubia sign MPP.
USA declares war on Mongols.
Britain builds The Alamo.

1675 AD:
Lawyer signs Israeli Archer to acting contract (68, 13); Lawyer kills Israeli Archer (69, 13);

Between Turns:
Our spy in Vienna is capture.
Austria declares war on the British.

1680 AD:
No one knows Scientific Method and we are 1 turn away from learning it.
We plant a Spy in Vienna.
Lawyer kills Israeli Archer (70, 13); Lawyer signs Israeli Archer to acting contract (71, 13);

Between turns:
Our Adventure has a Lawyer disbarred (and disassembled) in Korea (72,13). :dance:
Our Spy in Vienna is captured.

1685 AD:
We learn Scientific Method. We are the only ones to know it. I do not sell it. Madrid switches to Arms Race (due in 2 turns). Persepolis (who just completed the necessary Hospital) starts work on X-ray Machine (due in 6 turns). Research rate dropped to 0.

We plant a spy in Vienna.

Lawyer signs Israeli Archer to acting contract (72, 13);

Notes:
I know we can trade Rubber and Saltpeter. However, since Rubber is needed for WWI troops I do not see any reason to help the other countries build better troops.

For Pisae: All plains tiles should be forest mines (including the 2 tiles that are currently irrigated). The 1 undeveloped grass tile should also be a forest mine.

Mobile troops are in 2 stacks near Iron City.
Great Artists are hanging out in Madrid.
All foot soldiers have been upgraded to WWI Infantry.

I realized last turn that because Adventures can see invisible opponents they should be stationed our cities.

I left most of the workers unmoved this turn.

Here is the Save:

Attachments

• LAK156 1685 AD.SAV
    1.4 MB · Views: 92
ROSTER:

LKendter
Greebley (up)
Jersey Joe (swapped)
TheRat (on deck) (skip Sep 14 to Sep 24)
Elephantium

IIRC we should have gotten a nice set of wonders from the Dutch. At least one helping with happy if memory servers right.

In a surprise last minute upset, the next opponent will not be Dewey-er-India, rather it will be South America.

I think someone voted for them. They will be a tougher opponent.
[Edit] And Nubia. They are a rider policy holder.
South America also has a MPP with Korea, and Korea has a MPP with Austria. However, indirectly the Mogols (at war with Korea), and Britsh (at war with Austria) are on our side. :crazyeye:

IIRC we should have gotten a nice set of wonders from the Dutch. At least one helping with happy if memory servers right.
I just looked, we got 2 Happiness Wonders in Brussels. Also, we have 2 working happiness Wonders in Amsterdam, plus Code Civil which is broke (fixed in later Version of CCM) and Hanging Gardens which went obsolete.

I hope to finish today.

I am building more Adventurers. This turn has shown two really powerful properties.
1) If we are guarding a town from invisible units, their range two sight, see invisible, and cheaper cost make them better defenders than Infantry. They don't really even need to be vets.
2) Their faster movement allows them to accompany Cavalry stacks. That way they defend the stack from attack with higher defense and loss of a cheaper unit than the Dragoon.

I will be building them in towns with 50-79 shields (which build them in 1, but take 2 for Infantry)

Preturn: Change some builds. Don't start a war this turn.
I think we need more units on military after steam rollers complete.

IBT: South America declares war. They attack some Dragoon that are around. We lose 2 I think.
Greek finish the outstanding wonder - the National Monument

1690 AD: Kill nearby South American units including a largish stack of Cavalry. We lose one Dragoon. Start advancing on the cities. Nubia gets pulled in via MPP.
Got and used a Great Artist.
We are also at war with Korea[Edit: Thanks for post on this]? Don't know when that happened. I don't remember the declaration so I missed something.
In any case unlike South America they haven't shown up.

IBT: We get Arms Race and take Electricity and Atomic Theory. Greece starts X-Ray Machine. There should be no AI able to switch to it as it is the only Great Wonder.

1695 AD: Do some trades for older tech. We are the only ones with Electricity and could trade it for around 25k gold but I am not sure yet if I want to do that.
Capture Tiwahaku with one Dragoon lost
Attacked Andahuaylas with Dragoon losing one. For the rest I have Artillery next turn.
Lost a Lawyer against a defense 1 unit.
There are Korean Artillery with the advantage of terrain. I try stacking a lot of Infantry on my forward stack.
Rushed 10 odd Steamrollers. Will likely build other units with some of the towns. Too much is dedicated to just steamrollers. Start with 4 settlers next turn.

IBT: Korea does attack out huge stack but not with the units I thought he would (artillery) we lose 1 Infantry

1700 AD: Heavy Artillery easily takes out Andahuaylas' defenders.
Battle for Cuzco goes decently but we fail to retreat the first 4 times and lose 5 Dragoon.
We have capture Cristianity. We convince an Enemy Lawyer to take up 'great art' instead.
Use settler in a spot we had mentioned settling Seaside Rendezvous
Also in a Tundra place (with 4 seals) I build Four Seal or Lease.

IBT: Korea uses South American roads to attack our stacks at will we lose several Infantry units.

1702 AD: Build Jaen to get closer to the next South American city.
Capture Machu Pichu - A size 20 city losing 2-3 Dragoon
Use NP's trick of building garrison in the mountains to block the AI from attacking our cities from mountain terrain.

IBT: Korea is now willing to do peace straight up, but I don't accept at the moment.

1704 AD: Capture Vitcos - A size 11 city losing 2 Dragoon
Enter Indian lands to kill an Enslaver
Move units to attack 2 more cities next turn.
We got another Artist.

Notes:
Korea has large forces near Machu Pichu. Unfortunately, I made an error:
1) It has a lot of defenders, but it might flip.
2) We could replace with our own town but we lose a Zeplin (use those for scouting mosty - It scouted before I realized the consequences)
3) We could also make straight up peace with Korea. It would be nice to get India before the get better troops.
I am ok with any choice 1) is a gamble, 2 costs a unit, 3 might be my favorite.

Check capitol for troops. Many are near there
LK_AD1704.png

Attachments

• LK156-1704AD.SAV
    1.4 MB · Views: 98
My vote is peace with Korea. I would rather knock out India and Scandinavia first.
ROSTER:

LKendter
Greebley
Jersey Joe (swapped)
TheRat (up) (skip Sep 14 to Sep 24) Do you have enough time to play before leaving?
Elephantium (on deck)

Other points:

We are one turn away from xray so I think we get it. We can revolt after that.

I didn't check for deals next player should. We had Electricity over the UI last I checked.

Adventurers can also reach and kill retreated units which is kind of why there are some in the mountains.

[Edit] We have killed of most but not all the fast units.

Nice progress, gentlemen.

I am not too sure how many turns I can play, as turns take forever at this stage. I will do what I can and post before leaving on Thursday. Got it

I think I will be too busy three before leaving to play in a more meaningful manner than just a few minutes here or there. Maybe I could swap depending how long the next player takes.

LKendter
Greebley
Jersey Joe
TheRat (up) (skip Sep 14 to Sep 24) Do you have enough time to play before leaving?
Elephantium (on deck) Can you swap?

I am not sure if South America still has the MPP with Korea. If so it may get tricky. I have forces in South America to take out two cities of theirs next turn. I think these forces would just send us back into war if we make peace now.
We may have to risk one turn for flips, take out those two towns and then make peace with Korea. I think we could stay at war with South America as long as we only attack their units when they are in our territory. It would give us the option of taking back a flipped city (but put us back into war with Korea).

Top Bottom