LK86 - Two great variant in one. RaR and AWM.

1.02 has a big bug with worker speeds if I got it right.
That is exactly why the 1.03 patch came out. 1.03 fixed that issue.

Maybe doc can answer what 1.02 adds. I couldn't figure it out myself. I can't decide to stick with 1.01 without that.
GAME STARTED HALTED I want to her Doc's comments on this issue before I decide. I learn toward the lattest version.

FYI - On a side note RaR has a bug with England and pop heads. Check the below out. It exists in 1.01 and 1.03.

1) England - that is the 'Euro-citizen' bug; a c3c issue, not completely solved, but not caused by RaR. I get the pop-heads.
2) RaR 1.02 is essentially 1.01 with additional flavor graphics, and a few changes to the Hwacha. Plus an installer; 1.01 caused problems for those who couldn't fiddle with the files.
1.02 is buggy in a devastating way (inserting new units deletes at least all Worker Strength, Enslave Targets/Results, AA values, and confuses the AI strategy flags), and 1.03 fixes that. At least, all known issues (there may be even more, AA stats etc).

I'd stick to 1.01; this version is well-tested, and we can live with some less flavor units.

I will start this today as 1.01.

Attempt #1 fails as Russia due to 3 very early contacts and no growth in the capitol.
Attempt #2 fails as I contacted another civ before finding a spot to build the capitol.

4000 BC
With flood plains rice and flood plains camels I think food won't be a problem. Incense is visible so religious improvements for happiness will be available.

2900 BC
(IT) I forget how much I hated early disease from flood plains.

2750 BC
Well you knew somebody would contact us. I give them Alphabet, Ritualism and $68 to get Masonry and Boat Building. I then declare war.

2630 BC
(IT) Siam attacks the capitol and fails. (1-0)

2310 BC
Medina is formed along a river and claims the incense.

Summary:
We have one visible luxury with silks to the south. We have two high food cereal tiles to the NNE. We have more resources with horses to the SE.

Siam came from near the horses.

The 3 tile spacing doesn't work with RaR, as roads are move 2. This alone may prove the AW & RaR idea wrong.

Signed up:
LKendter
Microbe (currently playing)
Doc Tsiolkovski (on deck)
Greebley
Meldor

Remember 10 turns per round - STRICT 24 hours got it, total 48 to complete.
It will drop to 5 to 10 turns in the industrial age.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/LK86-2150BC.zip

lurker's comment:
You shouldn't have any problems Microbe. The only major change between the versions is the .biq itself, which won't affect you.
BTW guys, if you see any civilopedia bugs would you either post them here, or send me a PM? (probably easier)
I would appreciate it. I'm back on the dev team now and working on getting the civilopedia up to snuff.

Edit: crossposted with Plarq.

An off-topic question: does RaR 1.02/03 compatible with save generated from 1.01 biq?
I started this as 1.01 . That would not be an issue here.

I don't know the answer to that question.

preturn: no change.

2070BC: Pottery->Scrape Mining.

1950BC: Scrape Mining->Urbanization. I do not see iron.

1790BC: Damascus founded and starts a worker.

1750BC: Raise lux to 10.

I scouted a bit trying to find iron but there is none. Do not go farther.

Let's beeline to Dynasticism and revolt to Monarchy.

Note, RaR has road movement of 2 so cities 3 or 4 tiles apart do not make any difference unless there is a river inbetween. So do not fear to build cities a bit more apart.

:confused: Not a single unit from Siam?

Signed up:
LKendter
Microbe
Doc Tsiolkovski (currently playing)
Greebley (on deck)
Meldor

Remember 10 turns per round - STRICT 24 hours got it, total 48 to complete.
It will drop to 5 to 10 turns in the industrial age.

The 3 tile spacing doesn't work with RaR, as roads are move 2. This alone may prove the AW & RaR idea wrong.
No, you just need different tactics. For example, fast movers with Defensive Bombardment like Horse Archers are extremely useful for defending cities.
Arabs are a good Civ, the Ansar is a great UU (+1 Attack Knight in RaR).
I've got it.

Doc Tsiolkovski said:
1) England - that is the 'Euro-citizen' bug; a c3c issue, not completely solved, but not caused by RaR. I get the pop-heads.
That is no bug. LK probably uses a modified pop-head version, that causes some heads to miss. I had the same after I overwrote the popheads.pcx in the RaR folder.

Oops, I did destroy the RaR version. I am so use happy face look that couldn't play without.

@Grs - do you have a good RaR pop heads now?

@Doc - You need to update your signature below. I think you are playing LK86
Currently playing in: tmarcl1, DocT4, DocT5, Bugs3

@If Grs doesn't, Doc any idea how I can get the original popheads.pcx back for RaR without a complete reinstall? I will manually fix the RaR version.

Top Bottom