Looks like Civ 6 is done: Kevin called April "final game update"

Unless Civ7 is very very bad, my opinion is that civ6 will be forgotten way faster than any other previous iteration. And I dont think Civ6 is a bad game, I don't like it, but that's a matter of taste.
Let me do a little prophecy... you will be one of people who WILL complain civ 7 isn't good as civ 6 and series is dying.

Let me do a little prophecy... you will be one of people who WILL complain civ 7 isn't good as civ 6 and series is dying.
That's no prophecy, I've already said that civ7 will surely go even further away from my taste, and I've also already said that such changes since civ4 have not prevented the civ series to grow in popularity.

I'm certain civ7 will be even more popular, and I think it will continue on the path of being something you consume then forgot as soon as the next iteration is out, as I think civ6 is designed to be.

I think it will continue on the path of being something you consume then forgot as soon as the next iteration is out, as I think civ6 is designed to be.
Nah mate. People will not forget it. People hadn't forgotten civ 4 so why would civ 6 be different? Maybe by the time of civ 10 but as commercial success and its wide availability on non-pc gaming gear, People will talk and think about civ 6 for a long time. Think outside of your opinion for a change.

Nah mate. People will not forget it. People hadn't forgotten civ 4 so why would civ 6 be different? Maybe by the time of civ 10 but as commercial success and its wide availability on non-pc gaming gear, People will talk and think about civ 6 for a long time. Think outside of your opinion for a change.
what's below is not an opinion, it's a fact.
Civ4 and Civ5 had a modding support allowing to expand the playstyle and fix anything left unfinished at the end of their development cycle.

Reactions: PiR

If nothing else, the soundtrack will be remembered far longer than IV's or V's. And V's was still quite good, so that's not a frivolous comparison.

what's below is not an opinion, it's a fact.
so? why is modding part of the discussion? who is to say Fraxis won't do the same with civ 6?
And it isn't like there is ZERO support for civ 6 mods. Civ 6 workshop is still alive and well.
I don't think this community will die off soon... even after civ 7 comes out...

If nothing else, the soundtrack will be remembered far longer than IV's or V's. And V's was still quite good, so that's not a frivolous comparison.
Thanks to the talents and work of Geoff Knorr, Phil Boucher, Roland Rizzo, and the Prague Philharmonic Orchestra, I think that's what the orchestra's called.

honestly I don't get people who say civ 6 will be most forgetful game... cause it isn't.
and as for mod.. it is weird... at one time you say "it needs mods to make game perfect!!!!!" meaning you wish it wouldn't be so reliant on mods and on the other you say "it needs more mod support"
so you wish it wasn't so mod needy but at the same time you wish it had more mod support from devs...

so? why is modding part of the discussion? who is to say Fraxis won't do the same with civ 6?
Maybe they will, but they haven't yet. And don't plan to.

You asked me what was the difference between civ4, 5 and 6, I've exposed it.

You don't like it ? fine, neither do I.

You asked me what was the difference between civ4, 5 and 6, I've exposed it.
and that is such a minor complaint... since when is mod support a judgement of game's quality? the way you say it it sounds like civ 6 has ZERO mod support when it isn't true. There are some good mods that enhances gameplay like sui generis, urban complext and city lights to name a few.
mod support isn't a must you know.

and that is such a minor complaint... since when is mod support a judgement of game's quality? the way you say it it sounds like civ 6 has ZERO mod support when it isn't true. There are some good mods that enhances gameplay like sui generis, urban complext and city lights to name a few.
I've never said that.

The thing is you are asking a prominent mod creator why mod support should be important to the game.

That's like asking a stonemason why is stone so important when you can just use bricks to build. :crazyeye:

As someone who hasn't really created mods, or used any yet, it's not a giant concern to me right now but we all have different tastes

The thing is you are asking a prominent mod creator why mod support should be important to the game.

That's like asking a stonemason why is stone so important when you can just use bricks to build. :crazyeye:

As someone who hasn't really created mods, or used any yet, it's not a giant concern to me right now but we all have different tastes

While 6's mod support is nowhere near as robust as previous iterations, there are still lots of great mods that really enhance the experience, many of them by Gedemon himself, so I definitely recommend you jump in!

it isn't a deal breaker for me either and again it isn't like mod community in civ 6 is dying or anything. I daily check up on steam workshop to see if there is any new popular mod that came up and I can say that it is alive and well with mods of various quality keep poping up.
Mod in civ 6 isn't a problem.
I'd suggest you try city lights mod if you want to build more detailed urban/rural areas with your civ.

Speaking of mods, does using a mod on PC automatically stop you from playing that game on the Switch?

then what is point of this:
?
The mod support in civ 6 isn't great but it is still there are modders are able to make some great stuff with it... so what is your complaint?
That's a constatation of a difference in the long run in the context of this discussion, not a complaint, I've done that (complaining) in numerous other threads.

You're assuming a lot, so I'll have to clear up that first:
- I've never said that civ6 was a bad game.
- I've never said that a game without mod support is a bad game.
- I've never said that civ6 doesn't support mods.

- I did say that civ4/5 and civ6 modding capabilities are different. Note that different doesn't means better, that depend of what you want to do. Civ6 is great for Assets modding for example.
- I did say that the ability to fix bugs, change (and not just "enhance") gameplay elements and (re)code the AI are some of the advantages of civ4/5 over civ6 at this moment when we consider the long run, which is why I think civ4 and 5 will be remembered longer than civ6.

Top Bottom