1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Looks like Civ 6 is done: Kevin called April "final game update"

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by pokiehl, Mar 24, 2021.

1. PiR

PiR Prince Supporter

The domain is free, though, if anyone wants to create that community.
    :joke:

2. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Super Moderator

That's no prophecy, I've already said that civ7 will surely go even further away from my taste, and I've also already said that such changes since civ4 have not prevented the civ series to grow in popularity.

I'm certain civ7 will be even more popular, and I think it will continue on the path of being something you consume then forgot as soon as the next iteration is out, as I think civ6 is designed to be.

Elhoim likes this.
  3. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Emperor

Nah mate. People will not forget it. People hadn't forgotten civ 4 so why would civ 6 be different? Maybe by the time of civ 10 but as commercial success and its wide availability on non-pc gaming gear, People will talk and think about civ 6 for a long time. Think outside of your opinion for a change.

Datgingah, Kjimmet, DWilson and 2 others like this.
  4. Gedemon

what's below is not an opinion, it's a fact.

PiR likes this.
  5. PhoenicianGold

PhoenicianGold Emperor

If nothing else, the soundtrack will be remembered far longer than IV's or V's. And V's was still quite good, so that's not a frivolous comparison.

6. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Emperor

so? why is modding part of the discussion? who is to say Fraxis won't do the same with civ 6?
    And it isn't like there is ZERO support for civ 6 mods. Civ 6 workshop is still alive and well.
    I don't think this community will die off soon... even after civ 7 comes out...

7. Duke William of Normandy

Duke William of Normandy King of England & Unofficial Welcoming Committee

Thanks to the talents and work of Geoff Knorr, Phil Boucher, Roland Rizzo, and the Prague Philharmonic Orchestra, I think that's what the orchestra's called.

Datgingah, Kjimmet, Zaarin and 2 others like this.
  8. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Emperor

honestly I don't get people who say civ 6 will be most forgetful game... cause it isn't.
    and as for mod.. it is weird... at one time you say "it needs mods to make game perfect!!!!!" meaning you wish it wouldn't be so reliant on mods and on the other you say "it needs more mod support"
    so you wish it wasn't so mod needy but at the same time you wish it had more mod support from devs...

9. Gedemon

Maybe they will, but they haven't yet. And don't plan to.

You asked me what was the difference between civ4, 5 and 6, I've exposed it.

You don't like it ? fine, neither do I.

10. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Emperor

and that is such a minor complaint... since when is mod support a judgement of game's quality? the way you say it it sounds like civ 6 has ZERO mod support when it isn't true. There are some good mods that enhances gameplay like sui generis, urban complext and city lights to name a few.
    mod support isn't a must you know.

11. Gedemon

I've never said that.

12. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Emperor

then what is point of this:
    ?
    The mod support in civ 6 isn't great but it is still there are modders are able to make some great stuff with it... so what is your complaint?

13. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

The thing is you are asking a prominent mod creator why mod support should be important to the game.

That's like asking a stonemason why is stone so important when you can just use bricks to build. :crazyeye:

As someone who hasn't really created mods, or used any yet, it's not a giant concern to me right now but we all have different tastes

PiR and Duke William of Normandy like this.
  14. Guynemer

Guynemer King

While 6's mod support is nowhere near as robust as previous iterations, there are still lots of great mods that really enhance the experience, many of them by Gedemon himself, so I definitely recommend you jump in!

15. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Emperor

it isn't a deal breaker for me either and again it isn't like mod community in civ 6 is dying or anything. I daily check up on steam workshop to see if there is any new popular mod that came up and I can say that it is alive and well with mods of various quality keep poping up.
    Mod in civ 6 isn't a problem.
    I'd suggest you try city lights mod if you want to build more detailed urban/rural areas with your civ.

16. TreVor_ish

TreVor_ish Warlord

The thing is with mods like city lights, AI doesn't really know what it's doing. (but same issue comes with last years modes so)

Myomoto likes this.
  17. Linklite

Linklite King

Speaking of mods, does using a mod on PC automatically stop you from playing that game on the Switch?

18. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Emperor

that doesn't really matter to me since all it matters is that I can build metropolis with my civ.

19. Gedemon

That's a constatation of a difference in the long run in the context of this discussion, not a complaint, I've done that (complaining) in numerous other threads.

You're assuming a lot, so I'll have to clear up that first:
    - I've never said that civ6 was a bad game.
    - I've never said that a game without mod support is a bad game.
    - I've never said that civ6 doesn't support mods.

- I did say that civ4/5 and civ6 modding capabilities are different. Note that different doesn't means better, that depend of what you want to do. Civ6 is great for Assets modding for example.
    - I did say that the ability to fix bugs, change (and not just "enhance") gameplay elements and (re)code the AI are some of the advantages of civ4/5 over civ6 at this moment when we consider the long run, which is why I think civ4 and 5 will be remembered longer than civ6.

j51, SeelingCat and PiR like this.
  20. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Emperor

I don't think so... if civ 7 manages to be such a perfect game to overshadow civ 6... not only will civ 6 be forgotten but civ 4 and 5 will also be forgotten as well.
    which civ game will we be talk about by the time of civ 10?