[NFP] March Update Video Discussion

So, while I am not a Portugal-stan, I thought they were a good choice to round out the game. The wonders are intriguing as well.

Zombie mode, though? C’mon. That should have been a standalone scenario, not a game mode. Look at my signature, @Firaxis— the plague mechanics from Black Death should have been a game mode before zombies! I will give them credit that the mechanics behind zombies are interesting for those looking for a challenge, but it has been really disappointing as a lifelong Civ player to see how much Civ6 has drifted away from historical realism towards gimmicky fantasy elements.

Possibly my favorite already.

I turned off barb mode my last game. It just offers no challenge and makes exploration too easy. With barb mode off, my game last weekend was actually flooded with barbarians, it was glorious.

As for Zombie mode, I like the thought of hordes of barbarians crushing everything in their path (see my above comment about barbarians). Though I worry about that recruit zombie spy operation, that's going to annoy me more than recruit partisans operation. Maybe it won't be so bad if they don't pillage my improvements/districts. I'm not sure if the zombies will pillage.

Portugal I'm happy for, though we'll see how well they are implemented. I have a dream. I dream of a Naval civ done right. Namely one focused on cities on different continents. England has been steered away from that with a more industrial focus in their most recent balance changes. And Spain is just all over the place with their focus. My avatar currently portrays the civ I feel best fits this bill right now. I'm hoping Portugal will unseat the Phoenicians.

Depending on when Torre De Belem becomes available, it could have great synergy with Phoenicia and its move capital project. It seems difficult to use it to get anything better than monuments / granaries though - otherwise you'll be getting garbage buildings like the water mill and ancient walls.

Youtube commenters are probably made of more casual players so things like game balance and better AI are probably not concerns of theirs. Same with zombies, they tend to be really popular regards of the amount of complaining anytime anything zombie-related is announced.
As long as they keep it as separate nonobligatory content I have no problem with it. I've got more to worry about Diplomatic Victory, World Congress, win conditions (to much point race, not enough microgames), issues with Corpo Game mode, AI (I don't expect it to be a Deep Blue, just avoid obvious stupidity like moving settler to the other corner of the continent and lose a city with loyalty pressure). And I don't expect people leaving comments on youtube to be concerned about it.

Depending on when Torre De Belem becomes available, it could have great synergy with Phoenicia and its move capital project. It seems difficult to use it to get anything better than monuments / granaries though - otherwise you'll be getting garbage buildings like the water mill and ancient walls.

The "when" to build it will be interesting. You'll want to take advantage of it after having enough cities on a different continent, but take too long and you can be sure the AI will steal it by placing it in the most useless spot :lol:

The wonders I like, I'm surprised there's so many disappointed in these particular wonders.... It's still a bit odd that there's no Notre Dame or Chatres. And on the topic of cathedrals, I can't believe we still never had the Duomo (Florence) or Sagrada Familia in yet.
Sagrada Familia was my biggest hope for a Wonder. how could they not implement such a beauteous Masterpiece from one of the best Architects in Human history, Antoni Gaudi?!!

I really thought there is going to be more than just 2 Wonders, especially because there is only one Civ (and a simple looking Mode, since we now know).

What if there could be another GP Type: Great Architects, that could build (National and Worldwide) wondrous Wonders (depending on Wonder they would have to spend many Charges/Turns before they can complete a Wonder)? You'll have to spend GPP in order to acquire one, so no other Civ could use that GA to build it's Wonder. The Great Architects don't have to be always the original architects/builders of a Wonder. If they are unknown, the Principal/Taskmaster who ordered the Build could be used instead.
I think this would solve the Problem of rushing Wonders and the fear of loosing one because someone managed to build it earlier. It's technically the same thing as Humankind's Approach (researching the Tech of a Wonder and claim it before the others), but at the same Time it's something entirely different, because you could also use Gold or Faith to Buy GA, and it's garanteed that you will have to pass for some GA when you acquired one (so every Civ have a chance to acquire one), AND especially because Humankind doesn't have such thing as Great People (So no Copy Paste).
The construction systeme of Wonders in Civ VI really need a rework/overhaul, and I think great Architects that can build Wonders would be a good solution. Would be great if Civ 7 would make a step in that direction.

Firaxis has the design for Sagrada Familia but the wonder movie is ongoing
Really? Do you know this, or has this been a masterful troll from ye.

The "when" to build it will be interesting. You'll want to take advantage of it after having enough cities on a different continent, but take too long and you can be sure the AI will steal it by placing it in the most useless spot :lol:

Hopefully the AI has it at the bottom of its priority list. I want to have a game where I finish it in the modern era and have it give me 8 flood barriers all at once...

Probably would mostly end up being walls/monuments/granaries.

That said, let’s say you have conquered a couple of overseas cities and founded 4-5 of your own- and you end up with a half dozen monuments and/or granaries.

that would provide a bunch of loyalty, growth and culture per turn, would save you the gold required to buy them, and would help those cities catch up to the rest of the empire a lot faster. On top of the GPT and the trade bonuses from the wonder.

Probably would mostly end up being walls/monuments/granaries.

That said, let’s say you have conquered a couple of overseas cities and founded 4-5 of your own- and you end up with a half dozen monuments and/or granaries.

that would provide a bunch of loyalty, growth and culture per turn, would save you the gold required to buy them, and would help those cities catch up to the rest of the empire a lot faster. On top of the GPT and the trade bonuses from the wonder.
You could also sacrifice building City Center Buildings in Cities you've settled for early Harbors and Lighthouses, meaning more Trade Routes and Gold to give you a good ROI.

I think is a joke referring to the fact it is still under construction ;)
They still haven't completed it yet? Dear me... Although, the joke is funnier now.

Curious part about the Torre is that it just says "lowest cost building", not "lowest cost city centre building", so definitely it's the sort of wonder where you want to go through and buy as many libraries and monuments and lighthouses as you can. If you can have it give you some free shipyards or research labs, and have the right continent setup, it could truly be an insane wonder for that alone. They don't list the cost in the video, but planned right, it really could be spectacular.

I wonder how the Torre de Belem will handle museums - if the lowest production cost buildings available in a city are the art and archaeological museums, which do you get? is it random? can you force it to be one or the other by starting to produce one, or could you be one turn away from an archaeological museum and then it gives you an art museum?

As a late-game wonder, It has a chance to be one of the most realistic. It would be still under construction the moment you are reaching the win :lol:
Deserves a Victory Condition for its own :lol:. Could go well with Culture and Relegion Victory Types.

Top Bottom