Master of Mana website dead?

Re Chaos Rift, good memory! Do you know if the DLL problem affects the Gold Modifier problem too? The City Gold Modifier produced 70% of 24:commerce: = 0:commerce: after this was cast.

IIRC sephi had indicated he was aware of the Chaos Rift bug(s), and I think it was on the to-do list, but if you are playing 1.3 Beta v5, then it must not have gotten fixed.
hopefully either our old forum will be back soon, or sephi will find a new one, and we can update those to-do lists.

No joy. I created the folder but see no diff.
the changes are very subtle, perhaps you overlooked them? (look at the edges of the panels)

Interface changes must be subtle, is it the rounded corners? On my widescreen display they don't look like they align right with the sides. Could be one to two pixels off?
And speaking of subtle, the spacing between the upper center (1) Tech Window, (2) Spell Research and (3) Great People... there is a greater space between 2 and 3 than there is between 2 and 1.

Interface changes must be subtle, is it the rounded corners? On my widescreen display they don't look like they align right with the sides. Could be one to two pixels off?
yes it is mostly the corners. i tried 4:3, 16:10 and 16:9 resolutions and they connect as they should. what resolution are you using?

1920 x 1080 (I think)
They definitely aren't lined up on my display. Check out this snapshot.

no it looks like it is supposed to look, although it is far from final.

Ok, well I think I see where you're going with that... knobby corners?

BUG?

IIRC, Mage (and its various UU replacements) able to cast spells to enemies within 2 tile. In Beta 5, my Illusionist only able to cast spells to enemies within 1 tile. The xml is not changed, afaik (I looked in Notepad++). Does this a bug, or a feature?

Upon researching Sorcery, Sheaim able to buy Summoning Rod (mage with the equipment summon two units). IIRC, units no longer summons another unit. Does this mean the equipment obsolete?

BUG!

Here's a save game. Please press enter. Bannor will complete Mercurian Gate, Basium enter the game (see it in scoreboard) and then (in my game), will enter WoC.
Autosave for turn 304 will have size ~20MB!

I can work around this problem by entering WB in turn 303, giving Bannor Mercurian Gate (so that the Mercurian won't enter the game), and end my turn. The game progress normally after that. So, maybe the bug is in Mercurian entering the game?

====

No longer speaking the bug, but speaking Mercurian and Infernal in general. In vanilla FfH, it is easier to summon Infernal rather than summon Mercurian. But in Beta 5, imho it is easier to summon Mercurian. It's because the Infernal requires sacred knowledge which cost (too) many faith points. I think this need some balance tweak.

====

Speaking of sacred knowledge, do AI players hoard their faith and research the sacred knowledge?

Attachments

• Hatheim AD-0303z.CivBeyondSwordSave
    533.2 KB · Views: 58
BUG!

Here's a save game. Please press enter. Bannor will complete Mercurian Gate, Basium enter the game (see it in scoreboard) and then (in my game), will enter WoC.
Autosave for turn 304 will have size ~20MB!

I can work around this problem by entering WB in turn 303, giving Bannor Mercurian Gate (so that the Mercurian won't enter the game), and end my turn. The game progress normally after that. So, maybe the bug is in Mercurian entering the game?

====

No longer speaking the bug, but speaking Mercurian and Infernal in general. In vanilla FfH, it is easier to summon Infernal rather than summon Mercurian. But in Beta 5, imho it is easier to summon Mercurian. It's because the Infernal requires sacred knowledge which cost (too) many faith points. I think this need some balance tweak.

====

Speaking of sacred knowledge, do AI players hoard their faith and research the sacred knowledge?

The Mercurian Entrance was a known bug in version 4, and I know Sephi is aware of it, but perhaps did not have a chance to fix it for version 5.

It would be helpful to see the list of known bugs.

http://wildmana.hengames.de/Master%2...ta Setup.exe opens with a 400 Bad Request. Can you please post the full URL, or if that is it, then help me get v5?

And again, thanks for all the hard work. Fantastic mod; I am totally addicted!

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Apache/2.2.16 (Debian) Server at wildmana.hengames.de Port 80

that is because you copied the URL wrong. your browser or some other program shortened the URL and replaced a part of it with "..."

just search for it in the downloads section

the MoM website is alive again

Yeah for the website!
Thanks, but the advice was rubbish. Searching in the "downloads" yielded nothing (it's a rather ambiguous suggestion). Also not found on MoM site. Could I just get a correct URL or something?

Yeah for the website!
Thanks, but the advice was rubbish. Searching in the "downloads" yielded nothing (it's a rather ambiguous suggestion). Also not found on MoM site. Could I just get a correct URL or something?

Saying someone advice as "rubbish" is a too strong word in my opinion.

For beta 5, you can download it here :
http://wildmana.hengames.de/Master of Mana Beta Setup.exe

This works for me.

If you are looking for 1.25, you can download it here:
http://wildmana.hengames.de/Master of Mana 1.25.exe

Top Bottom