Master of Mana Xtended 4.0

I mostly use MoM mapscript.

I recocnized Kuriates causing most of my crashs by conquering citys after they reached their number of citys cap. Is there a way to simply block the kuriates civilisation so it cant be picked randomly by the a.i.?

You can start a Custom game, instead of playing a normal game.
That way you can pick which civs AI is playing.

But sadly, I made such games and still crash. Please update me on your situation, I want to know if I am the only one getting those crashes without Kurio involved. :)

I mostly use MoM mapscript.

I recocnized Kuriates causing most of my crashs by conquering citys after they reached their number of citys cap. Is there a way to simply block the kuriates civilisation so it cant be picked randomly by the a.i.?

Yep.

You need to open CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml

Go to Kuriates and change the 1 to a 0 to disable them:
<bPlayable>1</bPlayable>
<bAIPlayable>1</bAIPlayable>

Note: If you just want to disable it for the AI, you only need to change bAIPlayable.

The 4 Tower of Magic are not consuming both mana resources properly. The tower only consumes 1. Where do I find the code to fix the bug?

Casting Arcane Corruption crashed the game.

Please try the climate lakes mapscript and give feedback if you have the time.

Kuriotes had a bonus on the number of units they could have from palace which made them very powerful so they were likely to take many cities. I could not get them to trigger a crash in my testgames, although there was a crash when cities was razed that I fixed. Not sure what is in the current version since that was esvath thing, I just lived in svn version.

Anyway, will be back in mid December from long holiday with wife and kid

Please try the climate lakes mapscript and give feedback if you have the time.

Kuriotes had a bonus on the number of units they could have from palace which made them very powerful so they were likely to take many cities. I could not get them to trigger a crash in my testgames, although there was a crash when cities was razed that I fixed. Not sure what is in the current version since that was esvath thing, I just lived in svn version.

Anyway, will be back in mid December from long holiday with wife and kid

I tested a few games with malakim, and starting place is in desert every time. Looks like the script is working in placing the civ in their flavor environment. One suggestion would be to smooth out the region transition more? When I look at it from the world builder, the terrain looks like blocks.

I tested a few games with malakim, and starting place is in desert every time. Looks like the script is working in placing the civ in their flavor environment. One suggestion would be to smooth out the region transition more? When I look at it from the world builder, the terrain looks like blocks.

There is smoothing between zones, one or two tiles of a middle terrain if I could find one, like tundra to grass would have plains in between, desert and ice will have mountains to seperate them etc. But not in all cases, since I did not know what would smooth over hell terrain to marsh etc.

All civs have a different list of wants, and calculate where their most wanted city would be. At least it gives the AI a reasonable chance every time without being too deterministic.

Also, the zones, there are more generated that needed by the players to create some wastelands where it is very hard to settle to keep the cool wildlands things that sephi did before.

On Religion, Why do the Order Priests (confessors) not have Channel II promotion? All other Religion Priests have Channel II. Bug or feature?

CarnivalBizarre, will you keep working on this modmod? Are you planning to continue developing Xtended? Which is the latest version? 4.1?

Thanks!

Playing as Illians. The High Priest of Winter cannot be built and requires level 12+ Unit to upgrade. This is pretty achievable in normal situations. Where is the code that set the limit? I looked into the <UnitInfo> XML but didn't find any tag of min level 12 there.

normaly in civ4unitInfos.xml,
under the high priest of winter, you should have a <iMinLevel> </iMinLevel> tag.
At least it is the tag that is triggered for upgrades to mages and vampires at 4, to archmages and immortals at 6.

if there is not such tag for High Priest of Winter... there is a serious issue.

/Regards

normaly in civ4unitInfos.xml,
under the high priest of winter, you should have a <iMinLevel> </iMinLevel> tag.
At least it is the tag that is triggered for upgrades to mages and vampires at 4, to archmages and immortals at 6.

if there is not such tag for High Priest of Winter... there is a serious issue.

/Regards

I cannot find the tag in the xml. Maybe it is moved to some Xtended XML? I'll search other files.

edit: Found it!! It was in "Assets\Modules\NormalModules\Xtended\XXRooster\XRILLIANS_CIV4UnitInfos.xml"

bravo !

I shouldn't have been surprised that it was in Xtended-only files.

however I didn't know that Xtended made use of Modules... sweet

Why can't i load savegames or go back to the main menu from ingame? I always get a crash. I can however load the savegame after the crash.
I once somewhere read why and fixed it but i can't remember anymore.

Faithful trait, free great profit from mysticism.

So what is Mysticism? I can't find it anywhere.

Normaly Mysticism is a technology /
it should be in the "magic and religion" tab of the techs.

however, it is highly possible that MoM (or Xtended) has displaced "Mysticism" in the "guild-techs".
In that case, you need to go into the "guild" pannel (button is like a money-bag IIRC), open the button for "guild-techs".

If you want to access that "guild-tech"
you need to research one of the techs that allow to select one "guild-slot" or whatever it is named. you find these techs in the "civilian techs" : tech panel, right tab.
Once you have researched one of these techs, you have to chose the "priest-hood" (or "religions") guild.

then in the guild panel, you click on the guild-tech in reddish which is next to already known tech (in green), it asks if you want to buy it for YYYY culture. you click "yes". Empire culture is consumed. you get the tech. and you can do it any number of times, even in the same guild-tech-line, as long as you have enough Empire culture

Sorry if it is not really clear, but it's been a year or so that I haven't played MoM. I forgot a bit of the "technical" terms.

I cannot find Mysticism in either the region tab, the guild panel or the technology tab of the help information. The problem I am having is not using the guild tab, but thank you for explanation it will likely be of help to someone, but finding the Mysticism refereed to in the Faithful trait.

My guess is that either I am missing something obvious, I made a mistake installing MOM, or Mysticism got 'displaced' without the Faithful trait being altered to fit.

Why can't i load savegames or go back to the main menu from ingame? I always get a crash. I can however load the savegame after the crash.
I once somewhere read why and fixed it but i can't remember anymore.

I wish I knew, I get it 80% of games from the start, and sometimes it fixes itself in lategame, tried to debug it but it was in the reinitialization of the game where some things had corrupt links. I think some specific civ is causing this. Does anyone else get this? Maybe we have bad files somewhere?

Top Bottom