Master of Mana Xtended 4.0

I cannot find Mysticism in either the region tab, the guild panel or the technology tab of the help information. The problem I am having is not using the guild tab, but thank you for explanation it will likely be of help to someone, but finding the Mysticism refereed to in the Faithful trait.

My guess is that either I am missing something obvious, I made a mistake installing MOM, or Mysticism got 'displaced' without the Faithful trait being altered to fit.
sorry then....
but thanks for being so comprehensive.

my guess then is like yours : mysticism has been moved / or changed name. But the text in the civilopedia has not changed. (the info that you'll get a Prophet once you research mysticism was wth the word "mysticism" in "white", isn't it?)

/regards

Hello. I just came to this modmodmod after a fairly long break from Civ.
I must say that I'm very impressed. Lots of lovely new content that pretty much takes MoM to where I thought it would go.

I have a save (hopefully attached) with a reproducible crash. The save is for turn 385, the crash occurs during 386.
I think I have pin-pointed the cause, but not sure.
It seems to have something to do with Einion Logos, who is doing something Condatis related.
This causes me (Octopus overlords Sidar) to declare war on him. I suspect that the crash may be something to do with me recently signing a peace treaty with him, theoretically unable to declare war.
Converting to no state religion seems to prevent the war and the crash - but I lose Saverous and Hemah, humph!

Sorry not to be more help, I'm not that familiar with the new content.

Minor update: waiting for the ceasefire to end then re-converting to Overlords doesn't seem to prevent the crash. Staying as no religion seems OK.
One thing is that I can hear the 'declare war' trumpets sound effect just before the crash.

Attachments

• Joe AD-0385.CivBeyondSwordSave
    451.7 KB · Views: 88
(the info that you'll get a Prophet once you research mysticism was wth the word "mysticism" in "white", isn't it?)

By white you mean is not a link? No it is not a link, so I guess Mysticism is missing from my installation of MOM.

Edit: When I selected Priest Chapter I got a free Great Profit. So I guess Great Profit replaces Mysticism and its just the Sevopedia.

Edit2: I did not get a religeon when I got Priest Chapter; Is that a bug?

yes exactly : it was not a link.

if it is not a link, it's most likely that it was added directly as text into the 'pedia, and when mysticism was removed and the tech targeted by that trait was changed, the 'pedia was not updated.

for religions... I forgot how it's supposed to work.

Mysticism must have been renamed to "Priest Chapter" (in the Guilds tab).

I'm 99% certain that I saw Mysticism listed in that slot in prior versions, but hardly ever used it, hence the 1% margin of error :)

Edit2: I did not get a religion when I got Priest Chapter; Is that a bug?

OK This is confusing me. I uninstalled and reinstalled everything then got Priest Guild again, still no religion.

From the OP

Religion rebalanced:

Move "religion adopting" mechanism from Priest Guild. You can adopt a religion without adopting Priest Guild.
Holy city is founded when a player acquired the appropriate Sacred Knowledge of that religion.
While adopting religion without Priest Guild is possible, if you want to accumulate Faith faster or access Priests, then you still need to adopt the Priest Guild.

So you don't start religions with Priest Guild. So how do you start a religion? I assume it is possible?

Guess I should just try an atheist (or whatever they are called) leader.

Iirc you just buy religion tech with faith. I started next to a lost temple so it was easy, but you should research whatever building gives some basic faith (pagan temple is it?), then store up some faith and buy whatever religion you want.

PS: I got to the penultimate tech of overlords and I never unlocked the priest guild, i think it's optional.

Pps: if you're familiar with the culture buying mechanism of guilds, the faith buying mechanism is the same. However, once you have chosen a religion your people will sometimes spontaneously research a religion tech. Not sure what governs that.
All the same, you can mouse hover over the techs to find out how much they cost.

Ah sorry I have it now. You need Ancient chants to get a Religion to spread. That is what I was missing.

OK next thing. Raitlor is rather dysfunctional, “Agnostic, Faithful and Sacred Warrior”! Used to be one of my favourite leaders.

Is having forced citizens in the capital on all your population a known issue? sometimes it even breaks the limit of the population and just breaks the economy by giving me tens of thousands of culture points a turn from the thousands of forced citizen workers. while my current save does not have this worsened problem, it still has all my population locked in as citizens, up and to 98900 population, and the number may be increasing.

Is having forced citizens in the capital on all your population a known issue? sometimes it even breaks the limit of the population and just breaks the economy by giving me tens of thousands of culture points a turn from the thousands of forced citizen workers. while my current save does not have this worsened problem, it still has all my population locked in as citizens, up and to 98900 population, and the number may be increasing.

Experienced that myself as well, no real idea what caused this though. It also happened a good while ago (see http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13832750&postcount=324), so it's most likely something that carried over from previous versions.

Experienced that myself as well, no real idea what caused this though. It also happenend a good while ago (see http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13832750&postcount=324), so it's most likely something that carried over from previous versions.

I'd rather not but if its a known issue that was not fixed in the ambigious bug fixes of 4.1 then i suppose theres no reason I shouldnt just delete the city and rebuild it from scratch in the world builder.

Hi! Mediafire is blocked here, can someone provide a mirror please? :)

P.S. Nevermind, apparently putting "205.196.120.12 www.mediafire.com" into hosts file is enough to unblock it. What a weird way of blocking sites :D.

I find this mod really interesting, however I have one question :
I generated about a dozen of maps and there is only few civilizations picked by the AI :
Kuriokates (which cause CTD), Bannor, Dural, Doviello, Calabim, Amurites .
A civilization like Sheaim or Elohim for example cannot be played the AI ?

Grobbelaar.

.... good question.

I don't remember if I recently played against elohim or sheaim ..
but I played against svartalfar, Scion, Illians I think ...

I find this mod really interesting, however I have one question :
I generated about a dozen of maps and there is only few civilizations picked by the AI :
Kuriokates (which cause CTD), Bannor, Dural, Doviello, Calabim, Amurites .
A civilization like Sheaim or Elohim for example cannot be played the AI ?

Grobbelaar.

I created 5 games (map-size: giant / 16 random civs) and I saw every civ currently playable, including Elohim and Sheaim. The only ones that are inactive at the moment I think are Frozen and Jotnar.

On another note, it would be nice to balance the Hippus civ. They are just insanely overpowered for getting their hero on turn 1, where most other races only have the weak starter units. I reroll everytime I get them, because you can just faceroll any other civ that is close to you. No civ should have access to their hero right from the start, they should at least have to build it (like Clan of Embers/Lanun/etc) so that the other factions have those extra turns to set up defenses.

I created 5 games (map-size: giant / 16 random civs) and I saw every civ currently playable, including Elohim and Sheaim. The only ones that are inactive at the moment I think are Frozen and Jotnar.

On another note, it would be nice to balance the Hippus civ. They are just insanely overpowered for getting their hero on turn 1, where most other races only have the weak starter units. I reroll everytime I get them, because you can just faceroll any other civ that is close to you. No civ should have access to their hero right from the start, they should at least have to build it (like Clan of Embers/Lanun/etc) so that the other factions have those extra turns to set up defenses.

It is always more fun the more diverse civs are, so, I think hippus should have their hero, but of course, it needs balancing. Hippus are indeed to powerful. Right now the heroes are a bit to bland and similar in many cases, so I think that would be a fun thing to look into. Someday...

Will this mod continue update? Especially apply the new mechanic for those civilization like Dural

Will this mod continue update? Especially apply the new mechanic for those civilization like Dural

Not at the moment, Esvath was the one who was doing the new mechanics and he had to leave due to doctors orders basically, we will see if he get's better. I have been stuck in real life issues but have mostly worked on fixxing c++ bugs and doing the new map mechanics. But I still have no time atm to get into it :(

Noob questions but...

are the leader traits for Amurite leaders somehow bugged? Playing the good leader was supposed to give me extra fire mana, but I can't research fire spells and my city only has mind mana attached to it. Bug or intentional? Same happens with the neutral leaders.

Also, why does Esvath's sig points to version 3 of the mod? Is version 3 a "final" version while extended 4 is a "beta"? I played an entire game with the Bannor and it seemed to me like the AI has no idea how to play the game. Or is it Prince difficulty simply too low?

I absolutely love what you guys did with Fall From Heaven, btw. Hope Esvath goes back to modding soon.

I was wondering if anyone knows of the details on the bug associated with regenerating a map and the map proceeds to fill in the oceans with random tiles turn by turn.

What causes it?

Top Bottom