Master of Mana Xtended - Download and Changelog

First bug (is that the correct topic ?) : Religion does not spread when you begin in classical era (not ancient).

Before, it automatiquely spreaded at turn 2 after the settling.

I *think* it is possible to give extra yield on terrain, not commerce type. So, giving one commerce (coin) is possible but gold is not. Haven't check the code, though.

But Illians already have +1 food from Snow. Otherwise, they can't settle on snow.

Yes I know, but 1 food just makes snow slightly less terrible, it's still significantly worse than everything else.

Hmm too bad that faith is impossible, then.

Were the Dural supposed to get an Archery unit? I can't seem to find the tech that would allow them access to one.

Bug : I confirm that Aristarkrh cannot build any Tomb Lord even with Chants of Unlife magical tech, and 15 souls.

In the same ligne, their local legend does not arise as Tomb lord, as it did before. It arise as an adventurer. ^^

First bug (is that the correct topic ?) : Religion does not spread when you begin in classical era (not ancient).

Before, it automatiquely spreaded at turn 2 after the settling.
A bug, fixed in the next version.

Were the Dural supposed to get an Archery unit? I can't seem to find the tech that would allow them access to one.
A bug, fixed in the next version.

Bug : I confirm that Aristarkrh cannot build any Tomb Lord even with Chants of Unlife magical tech, and 15 souls.
In the same ligne, their local legend does not arise as Tomb lord, as it did before. It arise as an adventurer. ^^

Ugh. I have not found any bug within the code for this one. Have to scour some more.

it looks like some maps (mom erebus & mom erebus temperate) cannot be used
mom works; I did not try the other ones
What was happening?

Bug : Jotnar cannot build Sage district or Merchant district. Only Noble district.
Jotnar capital can only build Noble District but other cities will be able to build any type of district. It's always been that way. You'll need the culture for better city growth, anyway.

Yes I know, but 1 food just makes snow slightly less terrible, it's still significantly worse than everything else.

Hmm too bad that faith is impossible, then.
Illians are still top three in my tests, though (Lakes, 9 civs, all run by AI).

Also, just checked the code and yes, only yield can be affected by civilization. I can make it Illians' pagan temple give faith through python but again, AI won't understand that.

Illians are still top three in my tests, though (Lakes, 9 civs, all run by AI).

Also, just checked the code and yes, only yield can be affected by civilization. I can make it Illians' pagan temple give faith through python but again, AI won't understand that.

Yes you're right about that, they didn't exactly appear super-weak on playtesting(though still definitely weaker than some of the other civs, like Malakim), I just mainly find it unfortunate that spreading Ice hurts you more than helps you, at least inside your realm.

Oh and a bug: I build the Joining with Sorah&Ecks and for some reason, the new civ can only work on the outer ring of the city, but not the inner ring.

Opuhara said:
it looks like some maps (mom erebus & mom erebus temperate) cannot be used
mom works; I did not try the other ones
What was happening?

the loading does not go further than "initializing". It looks like those 2 are the only ones I have problem with.

Will check on this.

What was happening? I am particularly interested in "declaring war without your will". That's first time I heard about this.

unfortunately i don't have the save games of the games i mentioned, nor the screenshots, but i'll play another game as Elohim and see if that weird behavior will still happen.

Also, not sure if that's a bug or if i messed up something during the instalation, but It seems that the armageddon riders do not have a hostile aura (i think only Stephanos has), and, if i am not mistaken, 1 of them lacks the hero promotion.

Last edited:
is it normal not to be able to build camp as Ljosalfar because you don't have any tundra or ice in short distance of your initial city?

Durals Explorer is able to cast a special Spell on portals, giving him +100exp, +1000faith. The Portal is still usable after that. Intended?

Unstable Brew is not removed after usage.

EDIT: Same for Death Cloud from Poison Master

Last edited:
Durals Explorer is able to cast a special Spell on portals, giving him +100exp, +1000faith. The Portal is still usable after that. Intended?
Yes. Portals stay but no Devil units will spawn on them when Sheaim completed their rituals. The oversight was, I forgot to put the new, cleansed portal model into the map.

Unstable Brew is not removed after usage.

EDIT: Same for Death Cloud from Poison Master
Will be fixed in the next version. For now, enjoy the unlimited Death Cloud and Bomb! :D

School of Lungus got the gold from School of Kilmorph
Will be fixed in the next version.

Last edited:
the loading does not go further than "initializing". It looks like those 2 are the only ones I have problem with.
Some maps require loong loading time. That's one of the reasons I don't play with those maps.

It seems that the armageddon riders do not have a hostile aura (i think only Stephanos has), and, if i am not mistaken, 1 of them lacks the hero promotion.
Yes, you are correct. I forgot to put the combatauras into their unitinfos. Will be fixed in the next version.

In the previous version of the mod, monster lairs would generate up to 3 monsters to fill each lair, and send out attackers from time to time. Also if you left a square hidden by fog, it would get a new lair if one wasn't too close.

Now, when I clear a lair the area stays cleared, and if I kill 2 monsters on a lair, the single monster stays alone, rather than repopulating one at at time to three.

Is anyone else seeing that? I'm wonder if I changed something on my side.

I enjoyed the challenge of having to leave units to monitor any empty spaces and fend off waves of attacking goblins and orcs.

I haven't noticed any problems with barbarians failing to respawn. However, I have only tested this with raging wilderness enabled.

Now, when I clear a lair the area stays cleared, and if I kill 2 monsters on a lair, the single monster stays alone, rather than repopulating one at at time to three.
On my games, lairs definitely send groups to harrass your city, especially when they are furious with you. Necromancers building Tomb over your improvement is the worst, imho, because you need to rebuild the improvement with higher cost.

If there is a unit left in the lair, the lair will spawn one unit per turn. If the lair has three units, they'll attack non-barb units adjacent to the lair.

Raging barbarians increases the spawn rate, iirc.

Found a bug: if the volcano event fires near a barbarian encampment, the 'improvement' is destroyed, but barbarians continue to spawn normally. This makes it impossible to clear out.
(Extended 5.2)

Top Bottom