Medieval European Mod II

Downloaded as directions but cannot open files. Download on Toshibia laptop with Windows XP. Any suggestions? Or will only work on desk top?

Thanks for your anwsers, embryodead.
I´m planing to add some railroads, to my own private enyoinment (that´s Civ all about, right?) what civ do you recomend me to put the tech that allows "Hansa Roads"? :D

I recommend you don't do it. It would be way too overpowering.

Though if you really want to then I guess Germany should get the Hansa Roads (I assume you are talking about the Hanseatic League, right?).

I recommend you don't do it. It would be way too overpowering.

Though if you really want to then I guess Germany should get the Hansa Roads (I assume you are talking about the Hanseatic League, right?).

Yep, one of the reasons behind the success of the Hanseatic League was their improve road system, that allow the trade to go from Flandes to Venece, from Sweden to Kiev.
I test it last night and didn´t seem to be very overpower. I used the "Silk Road" tech to allow paved roads and because the number of turns and the fact that you don´t hve a tech that doubles worker rate, it takes a while to railroad a spot (a la Rhye´s mod). I played on Monarch, and the AI didn´t have problems with it.

BTW, Constantinople is fun, fun City to play with. Golden Age + Mill, I can produce 1 turn Cathrapacs. Abbasids here we go!

Yes, a "Kingdom of Italy" existed, but it was a province of the Holy Roman Empire. Some kings of this political creation tried to rise against the Emperor, but without succes. "From the end of the 11th century, the Kingdom of Italy was merely a nominal title held by the Holy Roman Emperor with little real territorial control" (From wikipedia). The 11th and 12th century marked the beginning of the Communes. Not only the Lombard League ones, but also the central italy ones. That's the reason why I suggest the name change: Kingdom of Italy was an artificial creation, that had no real power nor political dignity, while Communes were the only political form for central and northern Italy.

The mod starts in 8th century, not 11th... but the main point would be that particular, not general names are more fitting for a scenario, than a mod that goes through 7 centuries (e.g. for the same reason it's Germany, not Holy Roman Empire, or Venice, not Venetian Republic). If you play as Italian Communes, control a vast area and use Empire or Absolute Monarchy govts. instead the City-State govt. (suitable only for small civs), the situation becomes rather weird... Would that be a good compromise to name it Italian Communes in the 11th century scenario? :) (it includes several name changes, including Germany->HRE etc.)

Believe me I know what I write, I studied the mercenary sistem of medieval Italy last year, for my exam of Medieval History. I'm italian, and btw there's no sign of the word "condotta" referred to a single mercenary in my dictionary.

But it's not a single mercenary, it's a unit ;) Anyway, if you say that condottiero is an appropriate name, I'll take your word and rename for the next patch :)

reg. Railroads

We have discussed it earlier (as you can see Paved Roads graphics were included with the mod terrain). Why not? I really hate how railroads in civ3 work and I know I'm not the only one by far. The 'instant' movement is unrealistic, and the bonuses to food/shields are not good in a medieval mod, since they create an industrial & urban revolution. Also lack of railroads in late game creates a military experience very different from the vanilla game, and I like it!

If you really want that railroads in and you named then Hansa Roads, I'd suggest putting them in Companies tech, it's the Hansa tech after all ;) Quarry would also be a logical requirement. Of course the AI can handle it, they're just railroads after all. The reason it looked as something overpowered is that you said "what civ"... not sure if that was a typo or not, but if only one civ can build those Hansa Roads then that's rather insane...

Testing on the Hundred Years War has begun. We hope to release this first MEM scenario soon. :)

The reason it looked as something overpowered is that you said "what civ"... not sure if that was a typo or not, but if only one civ can build those Hansa Roads then that's rather insane...

typo... TYPO!
When I put "civ" I have thinking "tech". I pu them on Silk Road, with Marbel and Timber as reqs. Companies doubles the worker rate.

Talking about scenarios, some civs should be add, with their assets on the mod folder (LH, UUs, etc.). Moscovia, Austria, Low Countries, Norway, Navarre, Almovaries, Kingdom of Jerusalem, Papal States, Genoa, Walachia and Teutonic Order.

Talking about scenarios, some civs should be add, with their assets on the mod folder (LH, UUs, etc.). Moscovia, Austria, Low Countries, Norway, Navarre, Almovaries, Kingdom of Jerusalem, Papal States, Genoa, Walachia and Teutonic Order.

You can't have more than 31 civs. We would love to have all those, but it isn't possible.

Okay, also, first time I encountered Louis IX, he annouced "I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?" I laughed out loud. Monty Python references! (caught a couple other so far too) as if I didn't already totally enjoy this mod...

Love this Mod!!!
Am playing as the Byzantines, they are a cool position to play.
Have not won the game so far, but I am having lots of fun.

I know, but I´m talking about putting the LH, Units, UU, and other files of this civs for SCENARIOS. I know there is a 31 civ limit, but knowing that you have the assets of this civ on the MEM folder makes scenario making easier.

Such stuff will be added when it's needed. For example a new Castillian head is needed in the new scenario, so that will be added.

Well... This mod's pulled me out of a rather long silence on these boards!

I've played as the Germans and got smashed by the Tartars, of all people, but not before pulling the entire continent into a mess of wars. (Scotland conquering England, Aragon dying against a Cordova-Castile alliance, Hungary owning the Balkans, that sort of thing).

I'm now playing a game as the Turks which seems to be going somewhat more positively. I've managed some small gains off the Byzantines!

I'm very impressed! (And I'm thoroughly intrigued by the scenario preview from Yoda Power)

One word to describe this mod...THE MOST AMAZING THING I'VE PLAYED IN A LONG TIME (damn, that was considerably more than one word :D )!!!

Anyways, I'm just trying to describe my extreme enjoyment for this mod...I was actually working on this when I realised there was a finished project already on the forum. I naturally scrapped mine since, 1) I have other things to do as well, and, 2) I couldn't even attempt to top this work of beauty.

You guys made me a happy man, I want you to know that. :love: (<--did that come across as gay?)

Keep it up guys, no complaints from me...time to go expand the German Empire further!

sorry about this but i tried and couldnt fix it on my own, fatal error Trebuchet/art/../.././/.//./.trebuchet defualt .flic <-- that the exact words it says but the last part is.

if you guys could give me a thing to download to fix that(its been 2 days of it)

Top Bottom