Military Doctrines / Promotion System Rework

Military Doctrines / Promotion System Rework 1.703

Ya I saw that someone made it modular a time after I released this mod I will have to look into doing that, it will certainly take some time. Thanks for pointing that out.

Ewok-Bacon-Bits

Here is the lua log. I started a new game with only those 2 mods, Military Doctrines and NQEUI.

Attachments

• Lua.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 143
Ewok-Bacon-Bits updated Military Doctrines / Promotion System Rework with a new update entry:

Fixes compatibility with CQUI via load order, should also solve unitpanel bug

Fixes compatibility with CQUI via load order, should also solve unitpanel bug

Read the rest of this update entry...

Some people were having problems with CQUI so I fixed that. Thanks for the log! And I'm going to make the launchbar modular so that it can work with any mod presumably using "Modular Screens". I'm not sure if the NQEUI will work atm. But the modular screens should fix it in theory, they may need to add it too.

NOTE: Don't download this update unless you are not using CQUI

Ewok-Bacon-Bits updated Military Doctrines / Promotion System Rework with a new update entry:

Modular

- Should make this mod modular which means it will work with all other mods that change the launchbar - if they have done the same.

This despite not changing any functionality is a big update as half the mod was moved around so let me know if you guys have any problems.

Because of this it won't be compatible with CQUI because the launchbar replaces it, which I think is not working completely right ATM. This has been true with the policy manager mod that I got sort of the structure from. I could add a hotkey for the doctrine screen (as it is invisible if both mods are active). I did not upload this version to steam because I think people like the CQUI mod, so I have both until it gets sorted out. I wonder if you guys are having a different experience? Does the policy manager work with both or does CQUI hide the launchbar item.

Last edited:
NOTE: Don't download this update unless you are not using CQUI

Modular

This despite not changing any functionality is a big update as half the mod was moved around so let me know if you guys have any problems.

Because of this it won't be compatible with CQUI because the launchbar replaces it, which I think is not working completely right ATM. This has been true with the policy manager mod that I got sort of the structure from. I could add a hotkey for the doctrine screen (as it is invisible if both mods are active). I did not upload this version to steam because I think people like the CQUI mod, so I have both until it gets sorted out. I wonder if you guys are having a different experience? Does the policy manager work with both or does CQUI hide the launchbar item.

Confirms that this version (workshop download) does work now with NQEUI.

Great job...thank you!

@Ewok-Bacon-Bits Just popped in to say that I'm playing my first game of Civ since the Summer Patch (having just nailed a bug that had killed all my previous attempts to start a game), and also the first game where I use the Military Doctrines mod (using version 1.6).

I enjoy it very much and think it's a very fun addition to the game! So far no bugs, but I have some feed back - hope its ok:
  • I think recon exp from Goody huts should be nerfed slightly, maybe just from 6 to 5
  • The idea of an exp cap from barbarians is (sort of) fine, but IMHO it also takes some of the fun out of battling them. I tweaked your mod in my own installation so that you still get 1 exp from fights after the first 50. A small addition but it brings some of the fun back IMHO.
  • The Doctrines button works like a charm on the Modular Lauchbar. Only issue I see is that you don't get any warning when a new doctrine level has been earned - didn't it use to have an exclamation mark or something (again I've only run tests with the mod so...)
  • A hot key for the doctrine screen would be nice when you get the time.
\Skodkim

Ya feedback is great,

Goody huts I can change. I was waiting for some feedback via barbarians I may do it till 2 doctrines which I think is around 120~ xp.

And the warning - I tried different ideas but there is no way in a modular format that I could think of in getting that exclamation mark to pop-up. Before I could code the launchbar for it too popup when needed.

And ya I can add a hotkey

I had a question. I downloaded this the other day and have upgraded my units with the strength promotions (regular, veteran, seasoned veteran, etc.). But I haven't seen the option to choose doctrines yet. I've seen notifications that the AI has units that have earned things like "night operations", which I assume is a doctrine. Am I missing something? Or how do I unlock/find the doctrine tree?

There should be a doctrine icon on the Launch Bar which is up in the top left next to the tech and civic buttons. You can pick doctrines there.

Hmm I don't see it. Are there any mods that are confirmed to conflict with military doctrines? I have a few installed including the moar mods and some mods that improve the trade, spy, unit, and production screens.

Well if its civfanatics are you using CQUI? I think it may be something replacing the launchbar.lua. If you use the steam version it should work with anything that replaces the launchbar. I can upload it here too if its easier. Sorry its slightly confusing right now until CQUI gets updated.

No, I don't have CQUI installed. I have a mac, idk if that helps at all. I'm going to disable all my other mods and run it to see if that helps

Ya I'm not sure with Macs, I don't know why that would be a problem but you never know. Let me know if that works, if it does you could list your mods here and I could probably tell which one might be causing a conflict.

So I disabled everything except the moar mods, and I still didn't see any doctrine tree icon next to the science and culture tree icons. Do I have to initiate combat and promote a unit for it to appear first, or should it be there at the startup?

It should be there on the startup, that is strange. Perhaps it does have something to do with Mac, can you post a log? You could also try the steam version that may work. I'm wondering if its because the icon art just doesn't work properly with Macs.

Also I plan on adding a hotkey, you could just wait till then if worse comes to worse.

Sorry I'm new to this, how do you mean by log? Are you asking for the mods and system I use? Also I got the game through aspyr, not steam... idk if that helps either.

Ok attached is the other version, I'm not sure if it will give you better results

Attachments

• Military Doctrines Old.zip
    54.3 KB · Views: 125
Top Bottom