1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Mod] MareNostrum

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Mare Nostrum' started by Ekmek, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Ekmek

Ekmek on steam: ekmek_e

2. i_diavolorosso

i_diavolorosso Chieftain

What'll be your focus in the next version??

3. azzedar

azzedar Chieftain

nice, although i'm not such a big fan of economy-bases computer games at all (which is in fact 'a problem' of colonization and not of your mod :p) i prefer the acient times theme much more than the one of the core game, that early mod)ern time thing.
    would be nice to see that mod complete and out of the beta-status someday

so... question: is there any chance that the military part of the game will be enhanced in this mod? maybe adding at least a very few more basic units (e.g. the wellknown archer-spearmen-swords-/axemen-horsemen-partition). i think that would really fit here.

i would really like to help, although i do really know nothing of that programmer stuff...

4. Ekmek

i think i'll be finishing up graphics, hopefully with koma's help and some others - WE NEED MORE HELPERS!

I especially need help with units. i can do leaderheads but my units never seem to work (causes a crash)

I wouldlikw to expand the units to be more types but i think i need to get the basics like graphics and text first.

5. Wonderblunder

Wonderblunder Part Time Monster in the Closet

Here are two more units.
    Spoiler :
    Roman Principes

Roman Velites

edit:Alos for the Roman senate,maybe the leaders could be Pompey the Great and Crassus

6. GeoModder

GeoModder Chieftain

Ah, I was about to link to those new units charle88. ;)

Great effort here, Ekmek. And if you're still looking for someone to adjust a mapscript, I'd suggest contacting Cephalo. He's the mapscript guru in these parts.

7. koma13

koma13 Chieftain

Charles88, your units are great. Roman Velites looks pretty cool. :goodjob:

Yeah, this is better than waiting for me coming up with a map script. :)
    Anyone remembers the inland sea map script from civ4? We would just have to place the Europe (travel) plots somewhere. And some regional maps would be great. Maybe Sicilia, Ionion coast or the black sea. That would silent people that complains about the geographical problem, that (in real world) home countries/polities and the "new world" are located in the same area.

8. henryMCVII

henryMCVII Chieftain

Veni, vidi, ... downloading. Thank you Emek.

About the units... there where some ancient mods in Civ4, how about taking units from there?

9. Ekmek

thx. i've been pillaging every ancient mod out there. but civ4 doesnt have lumberjacks, blacksmiths, oil pressmen, winemakers, etc. so it looks like I'll have to make them - unless i get some helpers

10. henryMCVII

henryMCVII Chieftain

This counts for both: units for moving on map and unit-pics for using in city screen, right? I wish I could help a bit more. Hmm... how about using just different colours of one or two of the Civ4 missionares, some Civ4 ancient Mods did it this way.

11. Kalimakhus

Kalimakhus Chieftain

Ethnic flavors of workers (like in VD) may serve as models for lumberjacks, winemakers, etc. You may also look in some apparently weird places like FfH.

12. Ekmek

thx. I've been making progress on units. Hopefully I can release a "unit patch" in the next week.

13. koma13

koma13 Chieftain

I made a small patch for Mare Nostrum.

Changelog:

- changed starting year to 600BC
    - a modified version of the Faireweather map script without ice and tundra terrain but more desert
    - revolution advisor fix to show real units
    - replaced the broken Europe screen background

I created two versions of the patch. Patch A updates all Mare Nostrum files to Colonization v1.01. Use patch B if you still have Colonization 1.00 .

Next I will upload a music pack. :)

14. Blue-moustache

Blue-moustache Chieftain

what's the map area for this mod? I am interested in mapping the med-sea region.. do you need any help with this? or any other map ideas help?

15. Ekmek

Definetely need help! Cephalo is too busy to make a map script that emulates a western med shape. Please give some maps a try!

As a progress report I finished all the units nifs but still need to do their buttons and full length icons. Koma do you think you could figure a way to dispaly the nif (like in the city window) instead of having to use these full length icons. They area pain to make.

16. Ekmek

17. Blue-moustache

Blue-moustache Chieftain

I posted a pic of Western Europe med-sea area on the other Mare-Nostrum thread.. what map area did you have in mind? I'll get on with some map work asap.. I need to get up to speed with this, as i've been messing around on Total War Med2.. learning how to generate maps etc.. I did a total mod for Titan Quest, ... dont want to work alone now with mods.
    I have the details of the med-sea area from World-Wind, a satellite visual from NASA.. it's brilliant.. when i get to it.. i'll start learning how to do the work on this game.

18. Ekmek

i was intending it for random maps - but a scenario map would be great. By the way this project is so short on workers - Any contribution is more than welcomed!

19. Blue-moustache

Blue-moustache Chieftain

Ok, i'll get on with a scenario/grand-campaign map.. which you could incorporate for the main release perhaps.. is this map area ok?..

the colonists come in from the east, from the Levant, and egypt, and that..

20. Ekmek