1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Mod] MareNostrum

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Mare Nostrum' started by Ekmek, Feb 24, 2009.

1. cfkane

cfkane Chieftain

Okay. I just tried it and I got a hell of a lot of XML errors before it crashed to the desktop.

2. Flintlock1415

Flintlock1415 Chieftain

Did you try both of the suggestions? I guess if they don''t work you'll need to wait for a true Windows user...

3. PiMan

PiMan Chieftain

C:\program files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\Mods
    Or wherever else your game is installed to if not there (the default location)

4. Flintlock1415

Flintlock1415 Chieftain

Also one more thing, do you have the patch? I got basically the same thing when I was unpatched.

5. Ekmek

Ekmek on steam: ekmek_e

You might have to make the mods folder but its just like civ4

and you have to have the latest patch

6. cfkane

cfkane Chieftain

Okay, I download the latest patch for C4C. It worked fine then.

7. koma13

koma13 Chieftain

Ekmek, do you think you could bring in flood plains and oasis? I could use that for my all improved inland sea script. I made south hot but there is not much reason to settle there without food.

8. Ekmek

9. koma13

koma13 Chieftain

Just the types and graphics, not placement.

Yes, I figured out how to do it. I tried it with my inland sea script (but it should work in all map scripts). I removed all tundra. Jungle is only deep in the south. Most of the southern continent is desert, except coastline. Still have to improve the shorelines.
    Right now, I'm experimenting with removing all rivers from the south and adding a random generated, sail-able river to the SE area (Nile).

10. koma13

koma13 Chieftain

Adjusted New World and Faireweather map script for Mare Nostrum:

Changes

- ice and tundra terrain replaced by grass land
    - jungle and tundra forest replaced by leafy / evergreen forest
    - removed ice caps

11. veBear

veBear Slumerican Citizen

I searched my PC for the files i need for the Egyptian Civilization, but i cant ind the files i need, even i i got CivIV Complete installed, so i got one question, could anyone upload the Audio files of Hatshepsut and Ramses and the Animation files of Ramses too?

Also i got one request for you ekmek. Could you make kind of an egyptian priest LH for me?
    Here are the Civs LH's
    - Ptolemy (King) - Ramses Animations
    - ??? (Leader) - Menes Animations (Found on CivFan)
    - Danaos (Leader) - ??? (Here's your task Ekmek) ((Re-)Founder of the greek city of Argos, came with his fleet from egypt)

My Source of Information is this here:
    Egyptian Colonization on Mombu.com

And koma13, it would have been nice if you could make this new map scripts who should be more like the Islands in the Aegan Sea and and a map featuring a randomly made Spain with sea all around exept a place in the NE and two almost connected landmasses in the south, featuring a small stripe of water the boat can pass through.

Edit:
    - I also need the Flag files for the egyptian empire from Civ4 + info about what colour they use.

12. Ekmek

you have a picture?

13. veBear

Nope, but if you search Google i guess you'le find most of what is needed for an egyptian priest :)

14. Ekmek

15. koma13

koma13 Chieftain

I fear my knowledge about map scripts is too limited to create authentic shorelines. I can only alter terrain and features. :(

@Ekmek

Have you find a replacement for filefront?
    Btw, I'm working on tech screen. Doing an image for each tech is a pain. I'll take them from CivCity Rome. Unfortunately they are very low res. Maybe you have a better idea?

16. veBear

OK, but you're better than me, so i think that's reason enought to be happy :D (I really dont know anything about map script modding)

Well... he might do that, but still, i think he is to dark skinned and we need a new background (do you think you could use this one "Picture of Kastro Larissa"). Do you think you could do that Ekmek?

17. Ekmek

I'll find something soon to replacefilefront - maybe mediafire.

I was thinking of taking an old image off of wiki or the internet that resembles the technologies and then use a paint program to make them a mosaic or a fresco. But so far my PSP 9.0 art functions didn't make any great pictures. The other option is to just enlarge the icons from the Civ4 Ancient Med Mod. Atleast as place holders :dunno:

I look forward to the tech screen.

Do you have anything for the backround on civilopedia and other stuff. I liked the red you had for the city screen (you never posted it though). Just something to get away from the brown

Well you can upload it for now. Eventually I'll be doing a major overhaul on the leaderheads anyways (especially trying to get all kings to have a kiss animations). Also I'm still leaning towards turning this mod into one with an invasion by Rome (we'd keep your Rome civ in and just play it off as a rebellious governor - those things happened).

18. koma13

koma13 Chieftain

I think mediafire has a 100mb file limt.

I'll look into what gimp has to offer.

More placeholders? :)

Yes, 2nd city screen is still sleeping on my hard disk. I thought we should finish replacing vanilla col graphics before focusing on additional content. Red backround is in attachment (CM_BGleft.rar).

I'm still thinking about that too. Problem is I don't know a way to give multiple civs the same parent/king.

19. Ekmek

I think I know how to do it. Just make multiple Rome's and set different derived Civs. We could even have different Roman emperors (there is enough graphics for them).

But the taxing part I find difficult to get around. I want players to feel like an independent civ trying to make its way in the Med only to face the expansion of Rome in the end. By defeating them you "win"

The only thing I have thought of is to have Rome demand tribute - but that doesn't explain the port closing (or was that just AOD?). And also the Europe screen would just be something like the "open market" since You really wouldn't have a home city.

On the other hand I really love your work on adding home cities to the map - so close to my dream of having a fullfledge civ game with the economics of colonization (I can only wish)

I'll throw this out here (as something to finish after graphics are done) - could we add another row or scroll bar for the goods at bottom? I'd like to add very specialized goods like incense, dye, glass, etc that would be very rare to produce - you cant buy in europe - but by consuming it you get more political points or research points or whatever. Or even make it so you have an upper class citizen or make it required to have students (an intellectual elite). Juust some thoughts on it.

20. koma13

koma13 Chieftain

In that moment it will be hard to implement the 'home city on map' idea. I can give Rome city only to one player. Maybe giving Rome to a neutral player could work. Homecity on map would be just a backdrop for the Europe travel zone not really controlled by the king player.

Having the homecity on map would allow for some awesome strategies. After declaring revolution (or however you will call it) home city would be attackable. I would try to spawn the REF there. When REF is coming for you, you could sneak around REF with your own army knocking on backdoor of your homecity (we need elephants :)). You could conquer your home city (victory condition) and get control over Europe screen ( -> no taxes for example). I also want to add an Africa screen you can access by sailing down the Nile.

That should already work, width of Europe screen yield boxes at bottom are relative to the number of yield types. If you add more yield types, boxes will get smaller. Making them scrollable isn't a problem too.