1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Mod] MareNostrum

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Mare Nostrum' started by Ekmek, Feb 24, 2009.

1. koma13

koma13 Chieftain

Yes, sure.

I would love to have a map of greece and surrounding area, something like that:

Greece should be larger. Sicilia too. But you can remove Italy. Map size would be standard size. No cities or resources needed. If Mare Nostrum is in a playable condition, I want to make a scenario placed in that area. It will be called Hellenization and be themed arround philosophers (instead founding fathers). :)

2. Blue-moustache

Blue-moustache Chieftain

.. oh hang on.. i didn't see your post.. consider it done.. i'll get on with it now (i'm bored). What about Tunisia? that was very important in those days.. i could wack Tunisia in..? squeeze the map into the square shape of the default size of the map editor, make full use of the all the space.. it's a case of spinning the map around a bit.

3. koma13

koma13 Chieftain

That would be great. Tunisia? If you get it on the map, shifting it to bottom left corner. But I don't want to give Phoenicia a major role. I plan greek poleis as Civs and Persia will be the 'king' player (outside of map).

But you don't have to hurry, I won't start working on it anytime soon.

4. Ekmek

Ekmek on steam: ekmek_e

5. Blue-moustache

Blue-moustache Chieftain

It's something to do. I've got tunisia on the corner, and i've shifted Sicilia around a bit, so you get a little bit of the toe of italy as well. I prefer this new map, i've got it more accurate than before, and greece is most of the map area, besides the sea and the islands, .. north africa is like along the bottom.

6. koma13

koma13 Chieftain

Exactly. Greece should be (top) center of the map surrounded by ionion coast in the east, north african coast in the south and Sicily in the west (make it larger, it has been viewed as the new world back then -> Syrakousae!)
    Maybe you can even reduce distance between Greece and north africa.

7. Blue-moustache

Blue-moustache Chieftain

I finished the map last night, i got all of the above, but i'll see if i might tweek anything yet, maybe make Sicily bigger. Interesting about Syracuse. I could expand up north africa a bit so the 'peninsular' with cities apollonia, cyrene, barca, paliurus, tauchira and euhesperides can feature.. do you place cities on the map? or is it like on the original where you allot areas to place new settlements, and give choice what to call it? i would prefer to have pre-established sites, if that's possible. (dont know much about it)..

8. veBear

veBear Slumerican Citizen

When we get to the crosses, why don't you replace the different crosses with different "religions", or more accuratly, "Gods". So here's my suggestion to how it could be done:

- Phoenican Colonies: "The Estruscans have been converted to the "Faith of El Elyon""
    - Roman Colonies: "The Gauls have been converted to the "Faith of Jupiter""
    - Ionan Colonies: ...

I guess you get my idea :)

9. GeoModder

GeoModder Chieftain

"The [insert tribe] have accepted [insert god] in their pantheon." sounds better, as long as we're not talking about a monotheistic religion.

10. Ekmek

your talking crosses for conversion not the player's city one right?

11. veBear

veBear Slumerican Citizen

Yes, just what i ment :)

12. Blue-moustache

Blue-moustache Chieftain

13. Dale

Dale Chieftain

BTW just so you know, even though I haven't participated much in this mod, I'm highly anticipating it. :D

14. Ekmek

Its in a fairly working shape now. A lot of graphics need to be filled in and testing the maps. Then I want to use your AOD2 as the 'engine'!

15. koma13

koma13 Chieftain

I learned to compile the CvGameCore.dll. That doesn't mean I can code in C++ but should be enough to copy/paste features from other mods. :)

16. koma13

koma13 Chieftain

Greece looks great. :goodjob: Thank you very much for doing that.

Major cities will be placed with a script. That way I will also have them on maps that are generated by map scripts.

17. Flintlock1415

Flintlock1415 Chieftain

Hey Ekmek, I've finally finished my little unit project, so I can start in on some art tomorrow night. Do you have any specific ideas on how to go about this, i.e. what is most important to start in on?

18. Ekmek

I really could use help on the unit buttons and the founding fathers technologies buttons. Do any style you feel fit.

But if you want to do more with modeling I could use some new buildings or even if you check out some of the new units i made and can improve them I'd appreciate that too!

19. cfkane

cfkane Chieftain

Forgive me for sounding like a complete noob, but I'm not used to installing mods for Colonization. Which folder do I unzip to?

20. Flintlock1415

Flintlock1415 Chieftain

Well, I'm not too sure, but I think my file structure is similar enough to Windows; so I put mine in Documents(I think its called MyDocuments in Windows)/MyGames/Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization/MODS. I think to put it in C:/Program Files/2K Games/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization you would (at least for me since the folder wasn't made) make a Mods folder in that directory. Either way should work, banking on the file structures being the same.