Since this mod doubles the tech tree, how long should a Standard game last? (Normally 500 turns)

• 2x as long (1000 turns)

Votes: 29 59.2%
  • 1.75x as long (875 turns)

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • 1.5x as long (750 turns)

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • 1.25x as long (630 turns)

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Total voters
Hi. What are the dependencies of this mod? since it does not allow me to activate it despite having active VP. thanks
Requires the Community Patch with EUI and the More Wonders for Vox Populi Vox Populi Wonders Expanded mods. Those should be the only dependencies.

Last edited:
More Wonders for VP - that not the new from adan_eslavo?
Haha whoops I meant to say you need Vox Populi Wonders Expanded by Infixo which you can get here. I got that and More Wonders for VP confused for a second there.

Alpha 4 released. Added More World Wonders for Vox Populi dependency in .modinfo file. Social Policy and early religions/beliefs costs increased. Slowed growth of settlements in the Prehistoric eras. Download link is same as before or you can get it here.

error

Attachments

• Captur11a.JPG
    Captur11a.JPG
    256.6 KB · Views: 113
  • Captur11a.JPG
    Captur11a.JPG
    256.6 KB · Views: 116
  • Captur11a.JPG
    Captur11a.JPG
    256.6 KB · Views: 113
I forgot to mention something in the spoiler below my videos. There were some luxuries added to VP but they didn't exist in the other mods. Therefore, those luxuries are revealed at the start of the game which can make certain starts stronger than others. The luxuries I know of that does this are Tobacco and Olives but there should be more.

I just started a game in Epic, in turn 9 I am 5 turns to 2 tech (first given for free) just met first AI (Polynesia) he has 4 techs to my 1. Playing Immortal - seems AI gets lots of bonuses, counting # of eras might be tough

Also I don't understand duration of turns, playing Epic speed I get turn 42-43 12284-11386BC (898 years) then turns 46-47 9573-9556BC (17 years) very big difference, and we new that in base game when you start at 4000BC duration is 25 years

Now at turn 300 - 5750BC turns take 6 years for epic speed - seems extra slow - almost for 100 turns have nothing to build except military and for more than 200 turns I am at my supply limit, so build & destroy

Observations:
Laborers (which require the resource 'Slave') come almost two eras earlier than the building unlocking said resource (Slave Auction). By that point you can just create normal workers. Am I missing something?

The early game (pre-Ancient) seems very, very slow(granted, on Marathon, but...). I did expect slow, but a thousand turns before hitting Ancient is a bit rough...

Poland (extra policies on era) and Venice (able to settle extra puppets early) seem to be getting a touch more ahead. Worth a look, probably.

Alpha 5 released. Major fixes inbound. Planning to work in some better early-game mechanics in the next update. Get it from the original DL link or from here.

Code:
General Fixes 
    - Fixed some Civilopedia entries
    - Fixed missing icons
    - Deleted some leftover code
    - Reduced amount of Science Tree of Life provides
    - Tree of Life provides 1 Culture
    - Laborers can only build one improvement
    - Laborers made to be faster than workers
    - Tweaked the speed of Eras
    - Incorporated Unit Spawn Handler scripts by LeeS
    - Increased cost of Stone Shelter building
    - Increased cost of Lion unit
    - Nerfed Lion unit strength
    - Increased Hunter unit AI flavor
Leader changes
    - Removed Theodora's starting with a Religion at the beginning bonus
    - Elizabeth does not get a spy at the beginning of the game. Instead imported resources count towards Monopolies
    - Gandhi does not start with a Pantheon right away. Instead gain +1 delegates in WC based on how many City-States are following religion
    - Halved Washington's scaling Production yield bonus
    - Reduced Bismarck's scaling Culture and Golden Age Points bonus to +2 from City-States / Alliances
    - Pushed back Casimir's Free Social Policy every Era bonus to the Medieval Era (unlocks after Writing is researched)
    - Halved Catherine's scaling Science bonus
    - Reduced Dido's scaling Gold bonus from founding cities
    - Reduced Maria I's scaling bonus yields
    - Reduced Montezuma's scaling Faith and Gold bonus
    - Fixed VP Civilopedia inconsistency on the Aztecs bonus
    - Pushed back Sejong's bonus to the Ancient Era (unlocks at Writing)
    - Reduced Sejong's scaling Golden Age Points bonus
    - Reduced Suleiman's scaling bonuses
    - Doubled China's Food and Gold scaling bonuses (on account that it gets reduced by 50% each era)
    - Changed all leader bonuses in the Civilopedia to reflect changes
Policy changes 
    - Reduced Sovereignty Policy's exponential Culture tile cost bonus
    - Reduced Splendor policy's scaling Golden Age and Culture bonus
    - Reduced Progress policy's scaling bonuses
    - Reduced Progress branch scaling bonuses
    - Reduced Expertise Policy's scaling Culture bonus
    - Reduced Imperium Policy's scaling Science and Culture bonus
    - Reduced Tribute Policy's scaling Gold and Production bonus
    - Reduced Authority Finisher Policy's scaling Gold and Production bonus
    - Reduced Statecraft Finisher Policy's scaling bonuses
    - Reduced Heritage Policy's Golden Age Points bonus
    - Reduced National Treasure Policy's scaling Gold bonus
    - Reduced Civilizing Mission Policy's scaling Gold bonus
    - Reduced Universal Healthcare Ideology Tenet's scaling Culture bonus
    - Reduced Spaceflight Pioneers Ideology Tenet's scaling Science bonus
    - Reduced Futurism Ideology Tenet's scaling Tourism bonus

Last edited:
I played a bit on the alpha 4 release, about 130 turns. I don't know if you fixed this, but when I opened the tech tree a bunch of errors came up saying that textures weren't working. Some of the things in the tech tree had broken textures (red boxes) and the totems textures were invisible in the tech tree and in the build list.
Spoiler Images of the Error :
more_tech_cityview.png
more_tech_techtree_1.png
more_tech_techtree_2.png
more_tech_techtree_3.png

Started a new game, and Napoleon's UA is now "-15% Culture required for Social Policies", which is... uh. Where did that come from?

Edit: Also Pedro seems to be lacking 'Carnival'

Editedit: Nevermind, something weird going on with my install. VP abilities on a lot of stuff even when starting a vanilla game...

Last edited:
Also started a new game standard speed now. I'd like to say that if you get a Natural Wonder or CS ally - then you get a pantheon-religion and social policies very quickly compared to otherwise case. I think that NW should be excluded or yields reduced (or start giving yields in Ancient Era). Yields from CS should be reduced in early eras a lot or may be friends and allies CS should be disabled until Ancient Era. Some quests are very easy and give a lot - like I was given a quest to find AI or City-State, than there was a quest for a resource, which was auto fulfilled after I found Babylon and that ended a war between City-States.
Same easy quests to kill a barbs camp, or gain GG. In result CS give 9 culture and 6 Faith when your civ has output of 2-3 culture and 1-2 faith.
May be costs for policies, pantheons and prophets should be raised more - especially religious costs.

I played a bit on the alpha 4 release, about 130 turns. I don't know if you fixed this, but when I opened the tech tree a bunch of errors came up saying that textures weren't working. Some of the things in the tech tree had broken textures (red boxes) and the totems textures were invisible in the tech tree and in the build list.
Should be fixed in the Alpha 5 release. On my end, all the icons seem to be working so please let me know if any are still missing.

Observations:
Laborers (which require the resource 'Slave') come almost two eras earlier than the building unlocking said resource (Slave Auction). By that point you can just create normal workers. Am I missing something?

The early game (pre-Ancient) seems very, very slow(granted, on Marathon, but...). I did expect slow, but a thousand turns before hitting Ancient is a bit rough...

Poland (extra policies on era) and Venice (able to settle extra puppets early) seem to be getting a touch more ahead. Worth a look, probably.
I'm planning to make the slave mechanic be more robust by providing slave resources with conquered cities, killing units provides a 20% chance of enslaving them (until the Renaissance age), Laborers have a chance of rebellion and/or dying while performing their build tasks. Just need to figure out how to implement those last two features.

I'm also planning to add a very basic improvement unlocked at Gathering, which allows you to harvest certain resources. I need to make them less useful than later-game improvements however, which I'm still unsure of.

I see that bananas, bison, deer, sheep and wheat are now listed as strategic resource
Not sure why they've been reclassed as strategic. I don't have any resource class edits in the code as far as I know. Could have been a decision in the Community Patch. Regardless, should be changed in the next update.

Have to restart current game, seems that would need to use IGE and will try to exclude Natural Wonders with Advanced Setup. Babylon settled second city with Old Faithful and now has 24 techs while others have 14-15

Maybe we can make that second Settler drastically more expensive to get? I actually wouldn't mind if the early game is mostly single city since it doesn't make sense to have even a second settlement until Agriculture starts becoming a real thing. This will also make it possible to keep Natural Wonders in the game since no one can take advantage of them except maybe city states...

The more I think about it, the less I like about the culture from Tree of Life. That culture can be used to expand borders naturally and I'd personally would rather see the expansion kept to a minimum until Ancient Era or so. In addition, is there a reason why we have gold production early game? What's producing the gold and, with units and buildings all maintenance free, it seems silly to have it.

Top Bottom