1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Most powerful strat

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Strategy & Tips' started by Ecofarm, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Ekolite

Ekolite Deity

He is financial IIRC. He said his chosen leader was Hannah. She's financial-Raider isn't she?

2. ophite

ophite Chieftain

I think it is pretty weak on commerce compared to Education, Mystic, Hunting, tracking, poisons with cottage spam. The cottage spam might push me to poisons by the time you get OO and build Sav?

However, if you are financial, I think I might have only hunters to meet Sav :/

In the above strategy, Commerce comes from Pirate Coves. They start out at three coins, and move up to four and five fairly quickly. Plus, each coast square is providing three coins. And there's not a bad chance for Pearls somewhere in my fat cross.

-- AcS

3. Ecofarm

Ecofarm Deity

My 2-3 workers make a cottage every turn, your coves cost a worker. Got roads? It's not like you can cove spam post-.31 Your coves are only as good as my ancient cottages and I can be adjacent. The 2/3 coast is nice, but its advantage wanes when my forests are 2/1/5.

Lanun is a top tier civ no doubt. With amurite, luch, sheaim, ljos, and kur.

4. Ecofarm

Ecofarm Deity

From a thread about highest score, here is the link to svalt immortal standard pangea quick temperate solidshore 'playnow'.

It has a save of the army of the strat (before 1st DoW and adept support), and a save the turn before domination win.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6819049&postcount=8

Unless someone posts more points, I proclaim this the strongest strat of .31!

:king:

And no funny settings, default - 'play now', standard size quick (no 15 hour games, thanks - too difficult to be honest about loads when you are 12 hours committed). Go for a different map if you can make it work for you. Temperate pangea is nice for svalt (my start is barely a 7 in 10, probably 6/10 (quality of land 10 being best) and I moved settler.

A strong Dov, Lanun, Luch, Amurite or Ljos should be able to win default immortal with a 'meh' start.

Disclosure: I got 1 tech from hunt, animal husbandry... and the next turn the villagers built me a pasture. But hey, everyone gets lucky at least once a game. Before patch e, I had a gold river settle with absurd resources/forest and techs from 1st two huts, I didn't bother to play that top 5% start.

5. PotatoOverdose

PotatoOverdose Prince

You really should consider playing with AI no building requirements, 'cause otherwise you're playing against a REALLY gimped AI. There was a thread about user preferences/map settings not too long ago and this was the one setting that was almost universal. But otherwise your strategy is probably the best non-blatantly overpowered* strategy that has been propose thus far.

*There are some things like the Luchuirp having nearly every single unit possessing the Fire II promotion that are just plain ridiculous.

6. Ecofarm

Ecofarm Deity

Try it SP.
    'playnow'
    deity or immortal
    standard size
    quick speed
    leader, climate and map of choice

Post a save of the win, thanks.

Spoiler :
    Tune in next thread, for: "Ecofarm, you play the most unconventional settings! Those were not meant to be used! Classic Advanced 310 OCC no_settlers, raging barb_world, balanced, blessing, living, last days, no acheron (AI suicides on it), etc, choose your AI, create a scenario = best settings in game. But I like to guage general power by default settings.

7. Slvynn

Slvynn Duke Vector fon Pixel

again i see this one trying to say that others lame, not right and etc. I remember him woving at me in some thread and telling i am arrogant to tell to the people what they should do . I bolded some text btw. Dude, anytime you going to make a post consider how competent it will be, espesially when you doubt competency of others. Post save, in other case, go play and train on prince level. I know how Eco play, and i think he one of best FfH players. I see your post more another time, and 1. its not competent. 2. annoying flood, theorycrafting without practice and proper trying and your style are not competent as well.

8. PotatoOverdose

PotatoOverdose Prince

First off, I gave Eco a compliment with regards to his strategy being good. Nowhere did in my last post did I criticize or mock anybody. I did not mean to suggest that fire II golems are a better strategy, in fact quite the opposite. I said it was good that there are good non conventional strategies out there that don't fit the 'cookie cutter' build. This is what I said: "your strategy is probably the best non-blatantly overpowered* strategy that has been propose thus far". I complimented him for creating a unique strategy that did not rely on things that were, IMO, blatantly obvious or overpowered. Let me re-emphasize this: It was a compliment.

Secondly, here are links to the threads I mentioned with regards to AI no Building Requirements.
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=271832
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=274057
    I simply suggested that he try them, seeing as the general consensus is that they make the game more challenging and enjoyable. I saw what settings Ecofarm played on, I fully believe that he has mastered them, and gave him a friendly suggestion as to what is generally conceived to be a setting that makes the game more balanced and enjoyable. So, let me reiterate: I made a friendly suggestion regarding a map setting that I believed Eco would find more challenging and enjoyable, nowhere did I criticize anybody.

So what we have here is either a misunderstanding, which occasionally happens, and I'm glad I cleared it up. Or I'm being flamed for giving someone a compliment and a friendly suggestion. hopefully it's the former and we can all move on.

Anyways, before judging the "Ai no building requirement" setting, I would suggest trying it. It allows the AI to field more advanced units more quickly which makes the game challenging (though still not as challenging as standard BTS deity). It compensates for some of the lacking features that some of the AI leaders posses. Just read through some of the linked threads, I'm not the only proponent of the setting.

BTW do you still want me to post a save for you, 'cause I have a bunch of saves and I can probably find one if you're still interested?

9. Ecofarm

Ecofarm Deity

I understand the no_buildings benefits, but I also see the drawbacks for civs like Kuriotates, Clan and doviello. Note, in the same thread you quote above, post #3, I specify no_buildings:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6726351&postcount=3
    I accept it as such. I think what sorc disagrees to is your assumption that people posting in the forum are ignorant in some way. You see, I've played classic, medieval, advanced, occ, and every other option available. I just hapen to be enjoying "playnow" lately and I think default settings are the best way to test a strat because, let's be honest, any options will be used to our advantage. Of course, .32 will present new twists.
    Fair enough, but you were wrong to assume I have not played no_buildings. I think that's what annoyed Sorc. Perhaps you came across to him as if he was a noob in another thread. Anyway, I can assure you that sorc is very peaceful and not looking to flame. With his limited english, he is not interested in a verbal pissing contest.
    I am very much interested to see saves. It may be the best way to gain insight into a strat (besides MP). When you look at a save, you see things like improvement priority, food supplies, tech variations, and a real example of hw the army comes together. Also, I'd like to gain some idea of the range of scores. Is 161k good? Probably not. I bet a Doviello rush on cold climate, khazad on rocky, or lanun on archipelago could beat it.

ps. While I gave up on clan (my best effort is posted, with variant religion - empy while I think Esus is stronger, as save, in that thread), I am trying Kuriotates now and might have a new strat thread up in the next week :) In that game, I don't have warrens yet because I needed 1-2 units right away to protect myself and the real horde army building has not even begun (and also because I was a clan-noob but I gathered quite a mid-game force).

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6768251&postcount=8