1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

NESCraft

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Daftpanzer, Jan 26, 2013.

1. qoou

qoou Emperor

Free action:
    Grab some rocks and sticks from directly east of me and bring them back to home base (my position at the start of this turn).
    Afterwards, if this trip is short enough to not require AP, go to the sheep grass to the south and bring some more grass to home base.

1 AP - Construct a Cairn on the shore of the lake.

Wash face in the water of the lake, sprinkle some water onto the cairn, then

1 AP - Pray to nature for benevolence, as well as for forgiveness for what I'm about to do.

1 AP - Climb/enter the bush, in search of blackbird eggs. Also look for nests containing blackbird chicks, but do not disturb them.
    When not enough eggs are found to satisfy my hunger, note the flamingos' gathering spots, and search them for eggs as well.
    If I am still hungry, regretfully go to the bush and eat some blackbird chicks.
    If I am still hungry, even more regretfully try to down a flamingo with my sticks/rocks. Aim, in order of priority, for the sickest-looking flamingoes, then the oldest, then youngsters.

Huddle back in my blanket and spare grass and try to get a bit of sleep before sunrise.

2. thomas.berubeg

thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

Sorry for the bump, but how's it going, daft? Is this dead?

3. Daftpanzer

Daftpanzer There may be more posts after this.

I don't want it to be dead! I'm just failing at moderating! Also life has been pretty busy, which seems the case for a lot of NESers also. No excuses really... Right now I'm working on a NESLife update and getting back into things.

4. Marcher Jovian

Marcher Jovian Emperor

Can I join, I've been lurking for a while and this game looks cool!:goodjob:

5. Lord_Herobrine

Lord_Herobrine Back in the Saddle

Dang! I saw it had been bumped and got excited! If this ever gets updated, im sure we could add you to the spawning list :)

6. Daftpanzer

Since this has been bumped - I want to apologise (yet again). I'd still like to continue with this NES, as and when I have my life priorities sorted out.

@Secret Scribe, you are welcome to join the waiting list, just be aware there hasn't been an update since May 15th. And thankyou :)

7. J.K. Stockholme

J.K. Stockholme Right Opposition

Apology accepted :p get sortin' those priorities. :)

8. Daftpanzer

Sorry to bump without an update. I never planned to kill this, was just taking a vacation! Basically, I've been talking about launching some new NESes or NES Lites in WWW and #NES, but the general consensus seems to be that people would like to see NESCraft continue, especially as things were just kicking off with groups of people coming together. I think it could do with a bit of a revamp, though. If I may have your opinion on:

* Increasing the magic side of things, while technology is primitive - entities may appear to help or just interact with those players who are isolated (and you could even be impregnated by elf people from Otherworld)?

* Rewarding exploration - food cashes, special fruits and vegetables - perhaps even enchanted locations, magical items to be found?

* Non-human, sentient beings are roaming the world - other branches of the Hominid family, and perhaps bizarre other beings as well. NPC civilizations may already exist?

* Allowing magical portals to alternate realm(s) - think the Nether from Minecraft, although some more benign ones as well. These would be separate maps, linked by portals (probably originating from enchanted monuments). 'Ghost' players and players on the waiting list could maybe hang out in those alternate realms?

:salute:

9. merciary

merciary No idea what I'm doing

Sounds good, I'd really love to get this going again.

10. Patchy

Patchy Emperor

I like the sound of all of those features.

11. Nintz

Nintz King of the Britons

I like all of these, but don't overload yourself. If we have to start this up without any of those implemented I would still be happy.

12. Everblack

Everblack Blacker then you

Wow this is a cool game would love to join after you revamp it.

13. Daftpanzer

BTW, JK Stockholm put together a continent map from all the updates, it is not 100% accurate but I think it fits well with the game - his character was receiving visions from a bird flying around (possessed by Arrow Gamer). AFAIK he's kept it between me and him to avoid spoilers. But I think anyone who meets JK Stockholm should get to see his map :)

14. Arrow Gamer

Arrow Gamer America's Dictator

Maybe Arrow should too? :p

15. Daftpanzer

*OPEN SPOT: had no orders for Alex994 for a few updates. If anyone on the waiting list wants to jump in as Alex's character, shout out!

@Arrow, check your inbox ;)

16. Everblack

I would love to take Alex place if no one else want it.

17. alex994

alex994 Hail Divine Emperor!

Wait i have returned

18. Lord_Herobrine

Lord_Herobrine Back in the Saddle

I think everyone in the forum would love to see this great NES return :D. And I am all for those revamps Daft, but even without them I think it would still provide a lot of fun. Pace yourself out, don't try to overload yourself if you do decide to introduce a season two.

19. Everblack

Curses! Sigh guest I'll wait then.

20. Angst

Angst Rambling and inconsistent

I want to see this restarted!