New AI Survivor from Sulla

Too bad he does pop in here and announce it but I guess he's not been around here in many years

Think Hannibal will roll over the Greek, capture Ramesses wonders and force Victoria on her knees. Sally deserves some respect but close to a bully is no good sign. If he can spread his religion and get good allies he may grow strong.

Always wondered why Hanny has not faired better, but I'm going to go with him too. KK seems to be the favorite and does do well in the competition but often fails to actually close the deal.

On paper, Vicky would seem to be a good candidate for this but Sulla is right that her personality just does not favor success and she ends up often being a target.

Sal is an underrated AI though his inability to plot at Pleased probably hinders him.

I think this will be Hanny v. KK matchup with Peri as a darkhorse, if things roll his way with his Carthaginian neighbor.

I agree with Hanny, excellent land around him and he has a good mix of weak AIs around this time.
Ofc they are AIs, so he might do something stupid like not settling for gems :nope:

First to die Ram Ram, his start looks bad.

Vicky is a good candidate to go to. Ram may be somewhat cushioned in his spot

This one was particularly bad on "bring one Cat and 50 other units stand still for 10+ turns",
i like the games until those wars break out..AIs are unwatchable with their stacks :lol:
Also bad bugs when their main stack stands still for 5+ turns, a human would tear their whole empire apart while they are bugged.

The bug on Sal's army was bizarre though the game was pretty much decided by that point. Hanny should have steamrolled sitting duck Peri early on but stupid AI troop movement and non-committal blew it.

Actually, a real factor in the game was how bizarre it was that Islam did not spread, the first religion by many many turns. That actually helped Sal who as I mentioned is much stronger AI than folks give him credit, simply as he was never hindered in his ability to attack. If Carthage got Islam early it would have been a very very different game.

I should have taken into account that Sal was the only reli flavored bloke in the game.

AI Survivor is fun to watch, especially when Sullla rants :D

But oh my God, when you look at all the insanely stupid decisions the AI makes it really highlights how little resources even fairly large developer like Firaxis puts into the AI.

Sal is an underrated AI though his inability to plot at Pleased probably hinders him.

From a singleplayer perspective he doesn't plot at pleased, he's a religious zealot and favorite civic is theocracy. That makes him fairly easy to manage. He got military/religion as flavors. That's not a good combo. Sure, he's an occasional culture-threat but that's it.

I've been following AI Survivor and it's amazingly entertaining! One thing that I wonder about is why run it with Aggressive AI on? It kind of hurts a lot of warmongers because they end suiciding against stronger civs. Then again, turning it off might result in fewer wars overall. I'm not sure about this setting.

I'm not sure it hurts the warmongers. AggAI makes the AI more likely to declare war and less interested in cultural victory. Without AggAI the peaceful AIs would be more likely to be left alone for long enough so they can research and build culture.

As for reason, I think it's simply about having more wars and thus more entertaining games.

Agg AI is very questionable for survivor imo, Ragnar i.e. will always do terrible (cares even less about his cities or war timing) and AIs like Hatty will never win.
So they always get the same decent AIs.
Warmongers would still plot fast without pushing them even further on those crowded maps.

No agg might be less wars, but higher quality ones.
Sulla ranting can be fun, but he usually does about things that result from his settings.

Problem with AggAI is
Spoiler Spoiler from game 2 of current season :
When you're rooting for Louis to culture victory, which given the 20 wonders he built should be pretty easy, but instead he suddenly DoWs Frederick with no tech advantage and only 2/3 of his power.... and can't even be bothered to stop building wonders/infrastructure after he declares

What is the desired impact of AggAI + NTT + no vassals? Is the goal to make domination victories / AI eliminations more likely? It doesn't seem to make more leaders viable. Wars are great but AggAI feels like you're watching someone flip an override switch. And since there's no capitulating even if the war is lopsided, the beneficiary tends to always be a third party who dogpiles.

I just watched Hatty attacking Asoka :lol:
Safe to say Agg AI makes those games unlike regular ones, if Sulla wants that it's okay i guess but..

Yea Agg IA is bollocks. They attack opponents with double their power! And it probably hurts militaristic AI's like Shaka, Ragnar etc. the most because in the normal game these guys are like sharks and attack all he time but attack when they smell weakness. They rarely suicide but in AI survivor we've seen so many flat-out suicidal declarations.

Kind of fascinating to see Aggressive AI at work, though. Prior to these AI Survivor games I could have sworn that Aggressive AI only adjusted the AI's attitude towards the player, not in general.

Was a bit annoying, Hatty would have been in great position without this madness.
Even Shaka wouldn't have attacked her so early i think, judging from power ratings.
Agg AI? Might as well not let Hatty or any builder AI start if they are not cornered.

Top Bottom