• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to make a multiplayer modpack with this version and get out-of-sync error on 1st turn.

`Variable Out Of Sync : m_iCycleOrder`
Hi, you should wait that most gamebreaking soloplayer issues introduced by this version are corrected before trying to play it in multiplayer!

Hi, you should wait that most gamebreaking soloplayer issues introduced by this version are corrected before trying to play it in multiplayer!
I understand that, although sometimes those issues may also manifest in single-player games ;) I switched back to 4.7.3 though

I see the same promotion for two social policies in Authority. I mentioned on discord, one dev told me it was a mod he had not updated yet but I have no other mods from the same dev (only VP itself). :crazyeye:
I didn't get more answers, appreciate any help or explanation of what I'm missing.
I believe if this was on the main VP it would have been reported already so he probably has a point.
------------------------------------
EDIT: Someone helped me, thanks.

Attachments

• 20240615032756_1.jpg
    20240615032756_1.jpg
    362 KB · Views: 48
  • 20240615032757_1.jpg
    20240615032757_1.jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
reloaded a save game from last night and have CTD upon loading currently running Analysis will report to github if necessary none of the auto saves work either same ctd.

The issue is on github already, had same CTD.
There is connected bug regarding Cartha UA, i will try one more game without it and check, if it work.
Btw, can you confirm, Cartha was in your games?
I dont remember, possible but not a nearby AI (India, Aztec, Inca were the most close neighbours).
Edit: ok 2nd game also ctd on load, will try with carthage disabled.
I also wonder about authority hammers /10 units, Im not sure I can see those, guess I got to try out france with this patch.
edit2: unloadable game without carthage. guess Ill post on github.

Last edited:
I posted that report and was playing Carthage itself, I don't remember what happened in between turn 39
In github somebody mentioned, that bug may not be connected to Cartha, but so fare im playing without Cartha, turn 172, half medieval, and save/load work.

I just saw the variable was mentioned in a recent commit as the fix for the serialization! I am happy if I had been of any help (probably not)

Version 4.9 has been released. Link in OP has been updated.

Changelog:
Code:
- Vassalage now creates an actual Diplomat in the Espionage Overview with all normal Diplomat benefits
    The Diplomat starts with 0 NP, gains NP normally, and cannot be moved to other cities
    Any spy already in the city will be moved out
    This means masters can't use spies offensively against vassals' capitals anymore
    If the vassal's capital changes, the Diplomat will instantly move there as well (resets NP)
    Previously a pseudo-Diplomat was used which didn't show up in the UI
- Reduced AI valuation of strategic resources for units during wartime; was too high
- Fixed Carthage's UA yields not scaling with era, not counting exported luxuries
    Should be functioning as intended now!
- Fixed multiplayer desync caused by unit cycler
- Fixed crash when loading savegames (issue with river serialization)
- Fixed Conquistadors being unable to settle cities
- Fixed World Congress votes from Reformation Wonders not being added
- Fixed incorrect yields from clearing Barbarian Encampments
- Fixed some issues involving AI peace willingness with City-States
- Improved the autoinstaller compiler to make new releases a little easier to create (thanks, N. Core!)
- Code cleanup
- Text fixes

Online as of 6:46 PM CDT. Not savegame compatible.

- Vassalage now creates an actual Diplomat in the Espionage Overview with all normal Diplomat benefits The Diplomat starts with 0 NP, gains NP normally
Just free thought, as you just bend some civilisation to their knees i would assume there should be some immediate priviliges following.
I would suggest you get immediatelly NP points to get some "special" benefits, and minimum points is 500, its like 13-ish turns if you have like 45 points per turn.
Dont think it would break the game, but its like small little flavour :)

But im curious, if you get diplomat, would it prevent you from putting additional spy in their capitol for like stealing tech? Or would it break the game, if they agree for capitulation, while
you already have a spy/diplomat in their capitol?

Just free thought, as you just bend some civilisation to their knees i would assume there should be some immediate priviliges following.
I would suggest you get immediatelly NP points to get some "special" benefits, and minimum points is 500, its like 13-ish turns if you have like 45 points per turn.
Dont think it would break the game, but its like small little flavour :)

But im curious, if you get diplomat, would it prevent you from putting additional spy in their capitol for like stealing tech? Or would it break the game, if they agree for capitulation, while
you already have a spy/diplomat in their capitol?
We considered it, but Diplomats gain NP quickly and vassalage already gives a lot of benefits. However, vassals will always be truthful if you ask them to share their approach towards another civ, without requiring 800 NP (that's unchanged).

EDIT: Plus, you get some info already in the Vassalage Overview.

Re: your questions, they're answered in the changelog: yes and no, respectively.

Is there any explanation or rationale behind the scouting line changes?
(1-19) Proposed Replacements for Trailblazer Double Movement Promotions

There's been general unhappiness with recon units for a while, this is the only one that passed by a large margin. I figured it'd be a better starting point from which to balance recon units (and also changes to the code have made it doable to implement).

It also makes no sense at all to me that you can move faster through difficult terrain than through normal terrain. This rework prevents that.

Last edited:
Can anyone else see the extra hammer(s) from Dominance? (2nd authority right side).

Can anyone else see the extra hammer(s) from Dominance? (2nd authority right side).
Yes, those are implemented as main city square production, so in city view, on production you would see it as "production from terrian" (terrian or plots, forgot the exact wording)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom