New Beta Version - April 14th (4/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it really that infeasible to decouple open/rough with movement cost? I mean, is the Barrier Reef rough terrain?

According to G, this was not feasible for performance reasons, so he just removed the movement penalty.

I think nobody argued for the current setup. I'd say let go back to original design then, that's the lesser evil and skirmishers not performing well in flat terrain should be addressed with a change to their special promotion instead.

Why remove culture from Opera House and circus? It's not like these buildings were overpowered and we had too much culture before.

I like the new Tercio art

Spoiler :

upload_2021-4-15_5-55-38.png

This is part of the "bad mouthfeel" of the town. It gives food....but not even enough food to equal a river farm.

Spoiler :

upload_2021-4-15_6-20-23.png

New Pioneers, for a 7 city, its 172 hammers (about 2-3 turns for my decent cities). Honestly that might even be a little bit of an overcorrection, but its way better than seeing 15 turns or more to build them!

So I believe it is the Really Advanced Start mod that is causing the problem. I have turned that off and I've had no problems so far. So if people are having trouble, give that a try.

Im playing only whit VP setup no other mods when CTD.

@Stalker0 , why should the town give as much food as a river farm? Academy does not do that and neither does manufactory, and both are created by GPs.

Because the Town does give food as a base yield. If the manufactory didn't give as many hammers as a mine, you would probably think something looked off. If a fort get as much science as an academy, same thing.

Not sure if intended but with desert tiles now with 1 cost to movement, barbarian horseman with the desert promotion could move 6 tiles based on my observation, but theoretically 8 if no hills/rivers are present. I get settlers sniped even several tiles inside my territory, lol.

Given the options, I'd prefer desert to remain as it was rather than losing all movement penalties.

The loss of culture from circuses and opera houses was never discussed and is the wrong move in my opinion. Circuses were one of the few culture lovers that could be used at that point in the game to speed up culture. Also, as others have said, the appeal of opera Houses was the 5% culture increase. Removing culture sources, which are already scarce, just slow the game down, and why?

What did testing reveal about the 5% less supply cap per pop? Seems like something like this would make defending and expanding as a tall civ all the more difficult meanwhile barely affecting wide civs.

Also, that buff to Rome's coliseum is interesting and will probably make Rome one of the best culture victory civs in the game

I am also curious, what was the reasoning behind the 5% culture removal on the opera house?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom