1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Beta Version - April 9th (4/9)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Apr 9, 2016.

1. AxGrinder

AxGrinder Chieftain

You can remove the CorporationsOverview.Lua and .XML until they are fixed.

2. Natura

Natura Warlord

Awesome, that fixed the issue!

Admittedly it then created a new one because I'm not getting pop-ups when encountering half the city states I find and no pop-up when conquering a city so they all get auto-annexed, but progress is progress!

3. Putmalk

Putmalk Deity

A lua.log and a save would be helpful.

What mods are you using?

4. Natura

Natura Warlord

The 6 that are automatically installed with the auto-installer. Nothing else.

Don't suppose it would have anything to do with going Order and picking Nationalism as a tenet?

I don't actually know what a lua.log is sorry. And I've deleted the above files anyway so I can't replicate the issue.

5. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Sounds like you have some serious lua issues.

G

6. AxGrinder

AxGrinder Chieftain

Using the six latest OOtB CP/CBP Beta mods w/ EUI, +Techtonics map, clean install. Logs look identical to what was described several days back. You should be able to readily replicate on a clean download/install as I have done so many times now. If you really can't, PM me back and I'll recreate another blocking save for you. --AG

7. Putmalk

Putmalk Deity

Yeah i bet i just didn't handle the nationalization policy change properly. I'll look into it.

8. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

Wait - what?

When I reported this, you said it was a vanilla issue - which I vaguely recall reading somewhere. However, now it's a Lua issue - huh?

9. Gazebo

Eh? Lua and Vanilla are not mutually exclusive problems. Also, he's having issues that aren't the same as yours, specifically CS windows not appearing. May or may not be related to the UI overflow issue in the graphical engine.

G

10. Natura

Natura Warlord

Actually the issue is exactly the same; I haven't been getting pop-ups for Natural Wonders either. Pop-ups just aren't happening; capturing a city gives me no pop-up so it just gets annexed, city states are just discovered without a window showing up. The only one that does show up is meeting a new Civ, but that's a whole new window, not a pop-up. Ironically I didn't comment on all these issues specifically because I noticed Chrisy15 had already brought them to your attention.

Can I just clarify something G; I've been using the auto-installer more or less since you made it an option. But I haven't been clearing my cache and mod files before running it since I figured that was all part of install process. Would my failure to be doing that causing these issues?

Like I said I'm literally running nothing else other than whatever the auto-installer puts into my mod directories, so it can't be a mod conflict.

11. Gazebo

You should've noted the NW issue! :)

No, it auto-deletes cache stuff. Your MODS folder, it only has (1)-(6a) in it, correct? And EUI is in your DLC folder? If yes on both...DX9? DX10/11? touchscreen/tablet/n-gage?

Also, enable logging and - next time it happens – post your lua.log.

G

12. pandasnail

pandasnail Prince

FWIW, this happens to me all the time, most especially when I've been playing too long for my computer (I literally play on a standard issue 2012 laptop). Then I quit and restart, everything's fine. Been assuming it was a memory issue of some sort all along.

13. Gazebo

Depends, in some cases it definitely is. The graphical UI engine doesn't like too many popups – I think – but I can't confirm this – that it must cache the data, and at a certain point it starts buffering information.

G

14. Gothic_Empire

Gothic_Empire AKA, Ramen Empire

Not having any of these issues, fwiw.

15. ExpiredReign

ExpiredReign Deity

I have reproduced the same error I've mentioned here a couple of times now where a new city formed refuses to produce anything as though it is under revolt of in need of a courthouse.

This time it was just my 2nd Korean city, usually it was my 4th.

Using the 'Citizen management' screen shows only Gold or Science focus as making changes to the costs of the build queue, but nothing can actually be placed in the queue and worked on.

Attached Files:

16. Takagi Hiro

Takagi Hiro Prince

It was a bad omen.
    It was a bad omen.
    It was a bad omen.
    It was a bad omen.
    It was a bad omen.

It was a bad omen.

I wonder if anyone's actually passed this event without losing their GA points. Should we revise the tooltip to "1% chance of success?" ;)

17. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

I think I passed this event once.

18. Takagi Hiro

Takagi Hiro Prince

The irony being that it's a 25% to trigger the loss, strangely. Maybe the odds are backwards?

19. pandasnail

pandasnail Prince

So in my game with this version, the AI kept declaring war on and conquering City States. Not even as part of that CS vs CS war quest (unless the AI gets diff ones, but that would be weird since they actually fight). Prob ten times an AI declared without provocation. Does anyone know if this a new feature, normal on Immortal (particularly Immortal Marathon), normal on not-Huge maps, or just a weird random occurrence of this playthru?

20. Putmalk

Putmalk Deity

Actually, it would be really useful to actually see the log at the moment you have an issue.

I do not play with EUI and will not be installing it. :)