1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Beta Version - April 9th (4/9)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

While I remember: the EUI icon for the events overview is missing; it's the 45 atlas, but I can't remember its exact name.

2. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Works for me. Perhaps a bad install?

G

3. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

I noticed it last version, I'm pretty sure it was in this version, and TranquilSilence reported the issue too. I'll check with the hotfix soon.

4. Robynsegg

Robynsegg Chieftain

I posted this a few days ago, and didn't get any reply. (Gazebo is a busy man!) Still getting that same error, it still seems to be MEGA that is refusing to let me dl the beta patch. (and apparently, JUST the Beta patch. It lets me dl stable version 72 no problem?)
    Very unfortunate, because I need it to play JFD Cities in Development, which I love. :)

If I have somehow managed to upset someone from MEGA by refusing to get a membership with them, I guess I'm sorry? :p

UPDATE: After doing some more poking and prodding, I have realized it is all of MEGA.NZ I can't get onto. MEGA.com I have no problem at all with. (same company, just hosted in US instead of NZ) So it may have to do with either my ISP (Shaw) or my country (Canada)?

5. Gazebo

Try a different browser, maybe? Clear your cookie cache?

G

6. Robynsegg

Robynsegg Chieftain

Clearing the cache fixed nothing, but I tried in Chrome and that did the trick? (the install somehow wiped out CID, but that's easy to get back. :)

7. skodkim

skodkim Deity

As it happens it was the first policy tree I maxed out using this version - it's not been that before. It feels good but not OP.

\Skodkim

8. Pfeffersack

Pfeffersack Deity

More a warning than a bug report (because I did something on purpose I could expect that it would cause trouble ;) )...if a barbarian/city-state leader shows up after you liberating a CS captured by barbs, don't try offering him vassalage on the trade-table...I did just out of curiosity and CTD's the game :)

9. Gazebo

haha. You should report to Putmalk.

G

10. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

I'm stuck in middle of Industrial era of my current game. Almost right at the start of my turn, the "Next turn" button came up, but many units and cities still had actions to take. I tried to use all units and city actions, but still nothing comes up when I click "Next turn".

lua.log reports the following issue:

11. Gazebo

I'd probably close and reopen game. The UI gets mad sometimes.

G

12. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

Indeed, that did the trick, thanx!

13. Intaka

Intaka Chieftain

After the Windmill Modernization event, when choosing the +15% option, the windmill mouseover TOOLTIP in the city view fails with the following error: ".../Mods/(6a) Community Balance Patch - Compatibility Files (EUI)\LUA\EUI_tooltip_library.lua:809:wrong number of arguments to 'insert'.

My April 9th Beta is installed via the exectuable installation. No other strangeness in the game thus far. This isn't game breaking, obviously, however it's such a polished project I figured you'd want to know.

14. Gazebo

I'll give it a look, thanks!

G

15. Skaz881

Skaz881 History Major

Does any part of the CPP change city graphics? (ex: changing India to Middle Eastern instead of Asian)

16. Gazebo

Nay.

G

17. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

It'll be some mod that's trying to add an improvement graphic to the same tile as the city, but the specific improvement is null, and so it's defaulting to the improvement at ID 0, which happens to be City Ruins. Look for mods that add improvements to the city tile, and any mods that might prevent those improvements from existing.
    >assuming I'm remembering the issue right.

18. AxGrinder

AxGrinder Chieftain

This not _solely_ an ExCE issue. Just using the CP/CBP Beta release, the Corporations Overview is blocking the screen. As I was attempting to understand a CTD when running with JFD's mods, I have not tried the fix prescribed earlier on this thread. To be clear: I'm not using ExCE and I am seeing this behaviour.

19. Skaz881

Skaz881 History Major

Suprisingly it's in the CP itself, not the CBP like I thought. I have no idea what it could be so I'll just have to do it the hard way.

20. Natura

Natura Warlord

Glad to see it's not just me. I also have the Corporations Overview blocking the screen and it cannot be closed. All I am running is the CP/CBP Beta installed via the auto-installer. I don't even have other mods installed.

Interestingly it didn't come up at first. It only showed up once I had founded a corporation, exited the game, then reopened the game later and loaded the save. Perhaps the reason this issue is less widely reported is that many players don't play all the way to the late game?