1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Beta Version - August 16th (8/16)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Aug 16, 2020.

1. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper Prince

To put it simply The empire size modifier for needs raises the needs of each citizen for all of the needs by X percent for each owned non puppet city ... It's supposed to make wide play less brainded spam cities everywhere but it gets harsh and raises the needs to unfulfillable levels that it just makes the happiness a big mess.
    The values X is at

2. bigcat88

bigcat88 King

Do we have the opportunity to ask the Lord G to bring his attention to us and put things in order with the release of new beta? :worship: :worship::worship:

3. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

I'd love to, but I messed up my right wrist while battling a bear clearing limbs in my yard the other day. I'm left-handed, which is good, but computing is very slow at present. I'm doing my best to work on something today though.

G

burleigh, DaniSciB, azum4roll and 9 others like this.
  4. LifeOfBrian

LifeOfBrian Prince

Get well soon and tell those pesky bears they'll be denounced or worse if they don't move their troops from the borders!

5. Gazebo

To be clear, I'm running tests today. Waiting for the green-light from @Recursive and @ilteroi that they're done breaking things with their patches.

G

6. Recursive

Recursive Emperor

I have no more changes to make, been far too busy with my job to do much coding recently.

So luckily for you I've had to hold off on breaking more things than Alhambra :lol:

(Although fair warning, there may be some issues with coop wars to hotfix once there's more playtesting - and let me know if you spot anything off in your tests @Gazebo )

Geez, sorry to hear that! Get well soon!

Next time you should make a Defensive Pact with @Kim Dong Un, no bear would dare challenge the Glorious Leader.

vyyt, DaniSciB, azum4roll and 4 others like this.
  7. Sekisetsu

Sekisetsu Chieftain

I had a wierd situation today.
    I was at war with England and had already conquered most of the cities including the capital. She still had Rome as a vassal.
    Actually I wanted to vassal her, but she fought to the death. I got a few peace offers with gold, but she never wanted to capitulate.

Is this a bug, that while someone is the master of another civ, capitulation is no option or was she just to stubborn to admit defeat?

What would happen with the vassals, if their master capitulate? would they become the vassals of the other civ or would they set free?

8. Recursive

Recursive Emperor

You can't vassalize a civ with vassals. You can try to force them to liberate their vassals though.

9. skodkim

skodkim Deity

Uuuuh, it sounds like Christmas is coming early this year

\Skodkim

10. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

Could I throw in a quick commit to change the fort yields from tech and autocracy, as discussed in this thread?

JamesNinelives likes this.
  11. andersw

andersw King

Someone somewhere mentioned Authority tribute as broken.
    I think its going a bit over the top at industrial (but in general fine before that).
    At industrial epic speed I get 2k yields from tribute as Shaka (who gets a bit more as UA), thats a LOT of food, its more hammers than a GE (cost in current game for Taj was 1800), 2k faith is a bit but its faith which I tend to get a lot at this stage.
    On the other hand the statecraft civs gets yields continously (well atleast for their cities).
    I havent been able to tribute that often but industrial is often combined (on my difficulty) with a big military push which really highlights these yields.

12. Gazebo

Already made some changes to that. I'll post my changelog this evening.

G

JamesNinelives likes this.
  13. Kim Dong Un

Kim Dong Un The One & Unly Supporter

The Supreme One always leaves room to accommodate the presence of Zebo. He is of a select few deities who may brandish that honour.

As for
    Spoiler Da Bears :
    , look no further than my nation's drastically reduced bear population over the past several decades, to see proof of Glorious Leader winning 'The War on Bearror'.

Also, if there were any other unforeseen issues, I've been informed that my good friend, Xi, can be relied upon since he's had some recent success with completely eradicating the influence of
    Spoiler one of their repugnant clan leaders :
    Pooh2.png

vyyt, DaniSciB, InkAxis and 5 others like this.
  14. Zuizgond

Zuizgond Prince

It seems the only 4 civs that may choose progress are Carthage, Russia, Indonesia and Assyrian in my games. Have you noticed the same thing? I don't know why AI tend to avoid progress but I see far more authority/tradition civs since progress has been reworked.

15. Sekisetsu

Sekisetsu Chieftain

Is there a reason you can't do this?
    you could vassal the master and get all his vassals as well.

16. Skidizzle

Skidizzle Gameshow Host

I'd like to see the vassals be more bold in breaking free of their oppressor/protector as they can no long do either of those things.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    vyyt and Deljade like this.
  17. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Emperor

In EU4 it's the case, get the master of other vasalls or colonies as subject, and all others are yours as well.
    I think in VP it's either impossible cause of code restrictions or to stop you from easily getting several vasalls by only one war.

18. arthurF

arthurF Warlord

Thanks man. I think i will try setting it to 7 or 8 and try it.

19. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Emperor

I have tried something in this version:
    I sticked me and 2 AIs into a team versus 2 other teams with 3 AIs. And I have to say, that science bonuses from difficulty for AIs are absolutly silly.
    Arabia had constructed a wonder and then we finished 3 techs in 4 turns. I cant remember if this is normal, but my team was in medieval at turn 89 or earlier.
    It feels really wrong, that the AI pulls so far away early and even can stay competitive, if I play with the Inca and have dozens of mountains with food/gold/science...

Edit:
    It seems, every time an AI finishes a world wonder, it gets enough science by difficulty bonuses to instantly research a full technology, even the tech cost in my games is greatly increased due to 3 team members...

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
  20. arthurF

arthurF Warlord

Authority bug?
    I am getting ships spawning (the free ones, from the authority tree), in lakes next to cities. Thing is, the cities are completely landlocked. ....except for the one lake tile. I would prefer that the game NEVER spawn a ship for a city that is not coastal, even though there is some tiny utility if it was some giant lake, i guess.

Bromar1, JamesNinelives and Deljade like this.