New Beta Version - December 1st (12-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2) Interception: Probably what you are experiencing is interception. Your unit is getting intercepted, which will do 50ish damage in many cases. Check your combat screen and it will show you how many interceptors are in the area (very important note: if an intercepting unit is in the fog of war you won't see the interception on the combat screen....this is the most common cause of "my plane just suddenly died, what happened".

Thanks for explain me.

One more thing, this is normal?

"Your Caravel was bombarded by an enemy Heavy Skirmisher (43 damage)."
"Your Pikeman (Cover I) was bombarded by an enemy Heavy Skirmisher (32 damage)."

Can someone kindly tell me where I can edit that promotion?
Cheers.

Cities feel squishy and its a lot easier to capture them but I like it, how are your games, does AI trade/lose cities more now?
Before the high city str meant that AI very rarely lost cities to eachother.

Automated workers seem to be ignoring the "Don't replace improvements" setting. I just realized a crapload of my Moai have been replaced with pastures for horses and the like.

Automated workers seem to be ignoring the "Don't replace improvements" setting. I just realized a crapload of my Moai have been replaced with pastures for horses and the like.

Doesn't the description say it only applies when the tile doesn't contain a resource?

Doesn't the description say it only applies when the tile doesn't contain a resource?

It says that for the option to have them not remove features, but not on the improvement option.

AI are building some really silly landmarks that aren't useful to anyone. Found these after taking some cities off Monte's hands:

Spoiler :

Already reported it on Github.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong but Landmarks still provide happiness and other benefits (such as Holy Land delegates) if they are in your territory.

They give Global Happiness, doesn't need to be in your borders if you built it.

I believe they do also give delegates, but if Monty didn't have Holy Land that wouldn't explain it.

"Your Caravel was bombarded by an enemy Heavy Skirmisher (43 damage)."
"Your Pikeman (Cover I) was bombarded by an enemy Heavy Skirmisher (32 damage)."

Can someone kindly tell me where I can edit that promotion?
Cheers.
Yeah, this Skirmisher Promotion is in my eyes absolutly silly....
I think the idea behind it is good. But the numbers are too high. I could understand if Gazebo had chosen +25% for open and -15% for rough terrain, but 50%??? Too much.

I'll ask here before posting on GitHub:

Does anyone have problems with "stop city razing" button in this version? Sometimes when I conquest, I like to raze city to 1 pop and then keep it that way until I get settler nearby. In this version, after getting to 1 pop and clicking button to stop razing, city still disappears next turn (happened to 2 cities in current game).

Second thing is random seed in the options, is it really working? I noticed on several occasions that randomness seems to be missing.

Last edited:
I'll ask here before posting on GitHub:

Does anyone have problems with "stop city razing" button in this version? Sometimes when I conquest, I like to raze city to 1 pop and then keep it that way until I get settler nearby. In this version, after getting to 1 pop and clicking button to stop razing, city still disappears next turn (happened to 2 cities in current game).

Second think is random seed in the options, is it really working? I noticed on several occasions that randomness seems to be missing.

There's a potential merge error that occurred with the raze button, I'd post on Github. Not sure about the seed.

The seed is something I noticed for a couple of versions now. I always play with the "random seed enabled" option and did some testing. In the last few versions save/load doesn't change the damage of the attack or success/fail of the coup attempt. On a more fundamental level, when I create a new map with a given settings and then reroll it (not using restart button" but going through the full menu again, setting everything the same way) I get the same AI opponents.

The seed is something I noticed for a couple of versions now. I always play with the "random seed enabled" option and did some testing. In the last few versions save/load doesn't change the damage of the attack or success/fail of the coup attempt. On a more fundamental level, when I create a new map with a given settings and then reroll it (not using restart button" but going through the full menu again, setting everything the same way) I get the same AI opponents.

I'd recommend filing a bug report on Github.

I always play with the "random seed enabled" option and did some testing. In the last few versions save/load doesn't change the damage of the attack or success/fail of the coup attempt.
I think this is due to changes in RNG to make it work in multiplayer without desyncing. From what I notice, only events still seem to be true RNG.

On a more fundamental level, when I create a new map with a given settings and then reroll it (not using restart button" but going through the full menu again, setting everything the same way) I get the same AI opponents.
I think that has always been the case.

It says that for the option to have them not remove features, but not on the improvement option.

AI are building some really silly landmarks that aren't useful to anyone. Found these after taking some cities off Monte's hands:

Spoiler :

Already reported it on Github.

I often build landmarks like this inside AI-territory, since they improve our relations and since he can't work those tiles.

we've been reducing usage of the explicit RNG seed over time in the hope of improving multiplayer experience, eg reducing desyncs.

instead, we use a different random number generator with an implicit seed that depends on the game state. so if you attack the same plot with the same unit in the same turn, you will get the same result. but next turn it will be different.

note that a lot of AI choices, eg city production still use the old method so game state will anyway diverge quickly if you reload with a new random seed.

I often build landmarks like this inside AI-territory, since they improve our relations and since he can't work those tiles.

Neither of those were originally in my territory. One was in neutral territory originally and another was in his own territory.

@HeathcliffWarriors AI are still asking me to move or declare in (IMO) inappropriate situations.

Spoiler :

To be fair, that IS an invasion force that I was sending his way, but those units are well inside my own borders. The only way he could even SEE them was a Missionary and/or his caravan that was in my area.

@HeathcliffWarriors AI are still asking me to move or declare in (IMO) inappropriate situations.

Spoiler :

To be fair, that IS an invasion force that I was sending his way, but those units are well inside my own borders. The only way he could even SEE them was a Missionary and/or his caravan that was in my area.

Yeah, I still need to work on this. Prioritizing other stuff that's more important to player experience at the moment, but I'll get to it. :)

Can someone help me understand this? My Knight was at full 100 HP; this log only lists 52 damage. How is it dead?

Upcoming diplomacy changes for next version:
Code:
Bug & typo fixes

Nerfed trade route plundering opinion penalty (when not at war) to 5/10 for destination civ/TR owner (was 10/20)

Restored Victory Block approach penalties if AI's opinion of you is Friend, but kept opinion penalty removed
(trying to balance the conflicting issues of not making the game too easy VS. permitting the human (and AIs) to be considered a Friend if they deserve it)

Removed dumb and unfun cooldowns on requesting Declarations of Friendship and coop wars (these only applied to human players)
- You can now request a Declaration of Friendship/coop war as many times as you want, the AI will check its willingness every time you ask rather than caching it for 20-30 turns for no good reason
- The DoF button should no longer disappear if the AI rejects your request
- "We've been over this already. The answer is still no." will still appear if you've made the request recently, and the AI has rejected it again
- In the case of coop wars, the AI can only report your coop war request to the target AI once every 30 turns, to prevent exploiting the AI by obtaining infinite diplo penalties

If you extend the game after it's been won, victory competition will be disabled (Victory Dispute/Block penalties and the "desperate aggression boost" are simply pointless and annoying at that point)

Improvements and bugfixes for DoRelationshipPairing
- Alliances/global politics should be more important and noticeable in the AI's decision-making
- AI more likely to make friends with distant players in the Ancient and Classical eras
- AI less likely to make friends with players that have any amount of land dispute penalties in the Ancient and Classical eras
- Removed weight based on the AI's currently pursued victory condition; currently reworking this for smarter decision-making
- AI should be more likely to ask for a Defensive Pact if you aren't a warmonger, and less likely to ask for one if you are (was reversed, probable typo)
- AI will now zero out all DP and DoF weight for players they are currently at war with (allows for more fluid alliances,
because this makes players they're not at war with more valuable choices)

Improvements and bugfixes for Defensive Pact logic
- If the human and an AI have equal DP, DoF, or competitor value, the AI will now always break the tie in favor of the human
(was always the AI instead; this should result in slightly more DoFs, DPs and competition)
- AIs will now add players to the list of civs they want a DP with in order from best to worst choices, rather than by player order
(this is an important change, since the AI has a cap on the number of civs they can want a DP with)
- If the AI doesn't have a DP with the civ who is the best potential DP (including all current DPs), they can now make one with them even if they'd normally be DP capped
- Fixed bug which was giving -7 DP value to the most valuable potential DP player
- AIs will now consider their AI teammates' feelings when making a DP, to avoid screwing each other over
- Deal value to the AI slightly increased for making a DP with the best candidates
- Overall you should see more DPs
- To counterbalance all of this, AIs that only have a DP and not a DoF are now able to backstab (this doesn't mean they will, but they have the ability to if they hate you enough)

AI will now end Declarations of Friendship early if your DoF value with them falls to -32 or lower (you need 32+ value to make a DoF)
- If they consider you a backstabber, it now results in -1000 DoF value, making this guaranteed to happen within a few turns.

Diplo malus if you end a Declaration of Friendship early is now timed, and expires after 75 turns on standard speed instead of being permanent
(it expires early if their opinion of you is Friend or higher)
- During this time, they will not be willing to make Declarations of Friendship with you
- Combined with the change above, should result in more changing of alliances throughout the game

Improvements to AI target valuation
- AI will strategically target players who are unhappy to DoW/conquer
- They will only do this if they have a way of fairly knowing your unhappiness value (i.e. at war, spying on you, or you have the worst global Approval rating under Demographics)

AI now less likely to peace out (or be bribed into making peace) if they're winning, they're going for a Domination Victory, or they really hate you
- They will never accept peace bribes if the player they're at war with currently owns their original capital or Holy City, or is close to winning the game

AIs can now accept third-party war bribes against players who aren't major competitors again

AI third-party war value now halved for DoWing a player close to winning the game; doubled for the other player doing so

AI now has +1000 weight towards the WAR approach if they consider you an easy target, you own their capital, and they aren't your capitulated vassal

AI aggression increased under certain circumstances, particularly if they consider you an easy target

Currently working on for the future:
- Strategic diplomacy improvements / alliance building based on the victory condition the AI is aiming for, which should result in more dynamic & distinguished diplomacy (hoping to finish this soon :) ).
- Rework for backstabbing penalties
- Improvements to move troops requests

You can discuss diplomacy in the dedicated thread: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/vox-populi-diplomacy-feedback.652134/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom