1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Beta Version - December 1st (12-1)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Dec 1, 2019.

1. amateurgamer88

amateurgamer88 Emperor

Aztecs and Denmark were next to one another but I didn't see them war at all since I discovered them in Renaissance Era. I forgot to mention Mongolia and Mongolia was next to Persia. Mongolia took one Persian city and stopped warring with Persia anymore. What annoyed me was that a Korean city was forward settled to the Aztecs and was basically isolated from the other Korean cities. Yet, Aztecs didn't do anything about it. All of these civs were on a separate continent with Mongolia technically closest to me but Persia is certainly much closer as they share a direct border.

2. HeathcliffWarriors

HeathcliffWarriors King

Could just be an oddity, but changes I'm making next version should help with this.

vyyt and JamesNinelives like this.
  3. theMisterRud

theMisterRud Chieftain

Interesting behavior: Japan parks Cannons in his Capital and attacks the CS with a carpet of Melee units (there were more).

Unrelated:

> Go Tall England
    > park a Spy in your Capital
    > Get to White Tower
    > Gain gold and science killing 2 enemy spies per turn
    > IT'S FREE ESTATE

upload_2019-12-9_23-0-57.png

JamesNinelives likes this.
  4. cerk

cerk Chieftain

It is actually quite viable to melee cities now, especially with samurai with city assault. The CS does not seem to have a ranged garrison and he can get his melee units to attack from that farm on the same turn the unit is healed. Maybe he is simply farming XP and GG points.

5. HeathcliffWarriors

HeathcliffWarriors King

He might be defending himself / preparing for a war against you, since you're near his capital.

6. HeathcliffWarriors

HeathcliffWarriors King

FYI, there were some merge errors in the Github repository, so my diplo changes for next version may be delayed a bit, but I'm attempting to get everything merged for next version.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    Erikose, glider1, vyyt and 1 other person like this.
  7. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

This comes across as no image so I'm not sure what you were asking about. Feel free to repeat the question if its still outstanding.

8. Borussia

Borussia Chieftain

That is the deciding factor.
    Can the AI be taught to use it well.
    If it can then we could change the gameplay of even more units like this.
    In classic turn based hex wargames like Panzer General or the newer Panzer Corps infantry, AA guns and AT guns have to avoid open terrain against tanks but are very good against tanks and tank destroyers in rough terrain.
    And tanks are bad at attacking infantry in rough terrain so they would bring infantry for that. So infantry has its own use is not just cheap compromise because you don't have any more oil to build the better unit.
    That makes the game much more complex and fun - if the AI can deal with it.

Oh and I changed my mind about cityx strength. The now weaker cities are easier for the AI to deal with so it improves the game.

vyyt and Padre19 like this.
  9. Diverman

Diverman Chieftain

Some additional inputs from my standard emperor game with good ol' Washington :
    1) Yeah, it would be cool to do something about theming. Either as suggested remove the necessity of foreign Great Works (but I don't really like this idea) or increase the desirability of AI to trade GWs.
    2) About wars, AI ganged up on me from late Renaissance to early Modern era, but as soon as ideologies kicked in and as I was losing the lead due to constantly fighting everyone, other civs started to fight each other, and particulary with the score leader (Portugal). But before that, except for some occasional fights between Denmark and India who shared the same landmass, no wars at all (to my knowledge).
    3) AIs never sent a single land unit on my continent. Just ships. Lots of ships.
    Overall, a really fun game with fierce competition, but happy ending : a culture victory the turn I discovered the last tech.

10. Omen of Peace

Omen of Peace Prince

I haven't warred much on the latest patch yet - playing Siam, only defensive wars - but I just saw England conquer one of my allied CS on just a few turns.
    She has her Ships of the Line, in decent numbers, and Authority, but it was still a shock how fast it happened (and since I'm Siam, CS get a minor boost to resist!).

Apart from that, total domination on my part from early on. I reiterate that Siam is one of the best early snowballers. More so now that China and Ethiopia have been toned down.
    But they're not overpowered: they can fizzle quickly too.

Interestingly there's a ton of Maritime CS on my map, so my capital has Indian levels of population...

I'll have to play a warmonger next, to see how city conquest has changed. The recent change to cities could be a massive buff for them.

11. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

Are battleships really supposed to take 1 iron AND 1 oil?

I'm not opposed to that idea, but maybe they could be 75:c5rangedstrength:75:c5strength: (currently 75:c5rangedstrength:60:c5strength:) if they are going to cost so much?

12. civplayer33

civplayer33 King

This was supposed to have been fixed in this version (with hotfix):

pineappledan and JamesNinelives like this.
  13. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

14. ASCII Guy

ASCII Guy Chieftain

For a bit the link wasn't updated in the original post.

15. Snipergw

Snipergw Chieftain

Is the 12-1-1 version bugged in Mega? No matter how I try to download it, I get a temporary error. 12-1 and other files is just fine.

16. General_Drax

General_Drax Warlord

And still you need Biology to use oil.

Either or my installation is borked or the hotfix did not hit the mark :undecide:

17. CyberPhy

CyberPhy Chieftain

I dont know if this is against the rules but I have uploaded VP 12-1-1 to my drive so people can download it
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EpaaN4VckUqWDSgkjp09KqaMzsqprFP7

vyyt likes this.
  18. Coffee Monopoly

Coffee Monopoly Warlord

19. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

You're open source.

Erikose and JamesNinelives like this.
  20. andersw

andersw King

I read that someone wrote "melee units were now able to take down cities" ....
    I tested a game on Emperor Epic as Denmark.
    Plopped some 6 cities down.
    Beelined Runestones -> berserkers.
    Managed to hook up 8 iron (was lucky with a 6iron a bit far away) with one of the last cities.
    I had a couple of catapults with me but they mostly slowed me down, Berserkers (most with drill promo) just rolled over poor russia.