New Beta Version - July 15th (7/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing to this version related, but..... why does the successor need to have a warscore of 75, before I can ask him for a peace with a third nation?

Oh my god, the new "distress" mechanic caused a swing from +19 happiness to -32 happiness in ONE TURN. Had to switch everything to building the damned constabularies. Lets just get rid of this type of unhappiness altogether.

Oh my god, the new "distress" mechanic caused a swing from +19 happiness to -32 happiness in ONE TURN. Had to switch everything to building the damned constabularies. Lets just get rid of this type of unhappiness altogether.
Did you just research a tech?

Proof, please. Dozens of tests, never saw a change more than around 5-10 +/- swing for the AI.

G

I do not have proof at the moment. If I go back to some autosaves, and find the moment it happens, do you want me to send you the save?

Totally separate issue : artillery is definitely getting good splash damage vs me, but my own artillery does not appear to be able to splash surrounding troops of my AI opponents.

I do not have proof at the moment. If I go back to some autosaves, and find the moment it happens, do you want me to send you the save?

Totally separate issue : artillery is definitely getting good splash damage vs me, but my own artillery does not appear to be able to splash surrounding troops of my AI opponents.

Splash damage only affects units within the artillery range. That’s usually the reason some enemy units don’t get it.

I'm having some bugs here using Vox EUI 7/15 only;

- When I leave the mouse on a hex to know the information, nothing appears.

- When I finish trading with another leader, I have to exit the screen by pressing "esc" and not "goodbye" (the screen does not appear anymore)

- I can not access the discussion screen with a leader. The button is simply not clickable. Has anyone had this problem?

I'm going to open a ticket in gitbub, just asked here to try a quick solution.

EDIT: Yeah, bad install confirmed, tnx.

Last edited:
I'm having some bugs here using Vox EUI 7/15 only;

- When I leave the mouse on a hex to know the information, nothing appears.

- When I finish trading with another leader, I have to exit the screen by pressing "esc" and not "goodbye" (the screen does not appear anymore)

- I can not access the discussion screen with a leader. The button is simply not clickable. Has anyone had this problem?

I'm going to open a ticket in gitbub, just asked here to try a quick solution.
Probably bad installation.

I'm not G, but yeah, do it!

You know Splash Damage is a promotion, right?

I think the great merchant to be a little weak. I get 1150g and 10 turns of WLTKD after creating five towns (perhaps gold should be scaling with built towns). I don't feel like creating more towns in the atomic era. Btw Shouldn't one get 1 extra turn of WLTKD per town? In that case it's not working since it doesn't increase.
upload_2018-7-19_14-11-6.png

I think the great merchant to be a little weak. I get 1150g and 10 turns of WLTKD after creating five towns (perhaps gold should be scaling with built towns). I don't feel like creating more towns in the atomic era. Btw Shouldn't one get 1 extra turn of WLTKD per town? In that case it's not working since it doesn't increase.
Well first of all Gold is a minor bonus for Great Merchant, getting WLTKD is way more important, just because of the extra Growth and other stuff that it provides, especialy for those cities that are looking for resources, that do not exist on the map or are owned by some idiot that refuses to trade.
Second, you can compare this amount of gold to how much gold do you get from Towns - and you'll find out that it is better to plant more or less for the first half of the game and bulb for the second half of the game

Well first of all Gold is a minor bonus for Great Merchant, getting WLTKD is way more important, just because of the extra Growth and other stuff that it provides, especialy for those cities that are looking for resources, that do not exist on the map or are owned by some idiot that refuses to trade.
Second, you can compare this amount of gold to how much gold do you get from Towns - and you'll find out that it is better to plant more or less for the first half of the game and bulb for the second half of the game
Extra growth is the only stuff the WLTKD offer. Not more.
And I think you missunderstood something. The admiral is giving extra luxuries, not the merchant.

Its still only growth, while the "other stuff" have to be gained by policies or beliefs. You could take Mandirs instead of Synagoges and get all time +10% food instead +15% science only with a WLTKD.
A bad tradeoff.

Its still only growth, while the "other stuff" have to be gained by policies or beliefs. You could take Mandirs instead of Synagoges and get all time +10% food instead +15% science only with a WLTKD.
A bad tradeoff.

It's still only growth...and some UAs...and buildings...and policies...and wonders...

But other than all of that stuff WLTKD is terrible! Waste of time.

G

Gazebo, any news on the Barbarian bug and any prognosis whether a potential fix will be savegame compatible?

It's still only growth...and some UAs...and buildings...and policies...and wonders...

But other than all of that stuff WLTKD is terrible! Waste of time.

G
I consider it to be, perhaps, the most important great person. That doesn't change the fact that it would feel a little better if one acctually would get some coin from his trade missions in later eras. I mean 1150 gold is close to nothing in modern/atomic/information era, I could upgrade one unit with that money, or rush one building - and I got a thousand things to spend money on. On the other hand, the first merchant in ancient/classical era, has a lot more impact if spended on a trade mission (which I never do).

I think base gold from trade missions by GMs should be higher and should be scaling not only with number of towns, but also with era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom