New Beta Version - March 2nd (3-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need
"Raze bug (not able to stop razing) seems to be fixed"

We couldn't reproduce it last time either. If it reoccurs, I mean. :)

Will we have to wait for the next version for this to be fixed or will there be a hot fix. If you play peaceful having military CS supplying military units can be very helpful.

Yeah, here you go. This DLL fixes the CS unit spawning bug, a couple tactical bugs, makes it impossible to trade Defensive Pacts and Vassalage in the same deal, and drops the WarmongerHate flavor element from the anti-warmonger fervor combat bonus. Savegame compatible, although previously modified warmongering penalties will not be undone.

Attachments

• Normal DLL.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 195
  • 43 Civ DLL.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 30
The code for "Dont settle near me" seems to be borked.
I settled Basra here in nw corner (yay wale monopoly incoming) and got complaints from:
Indonesia maybe a stretch but ok
Aztecs (red on the mini map)- No way in hell
Sweden far east even less way
Poland-not only far east but also my vassal -shutup and pay tax dammit.

(edit: this was before the fix above)

Spoiler :

upload_2021-3-7_22-59-55.png

Last edited:
So the AA gun is now doing about ~40 damage to a bomber on a successful interception. So I think that's a bit low, so we've swung the pendulum a little too far. I think we could buff it back up somewhere in the middle. I think AA interception should really sting, it just shouldn't be one shoting units

I have not had a tougher early game in a while *Emperor*, Playing as Arabia and found myself between Authority Iroquios to he north and Authority Songhai to the west, To the south 3 CS and the south pole, and to the east an ocean.
Progress Japan Sharing the same continent with us largely minding their own businesses.
I tried to do everything to keep them them from hating me (trade routes, exchanging luxuries, gifting gold, no contested borders, and staying at my troops limit) but Songhai is Songhai and they also had their own religion so i could not convert them .... they bribe the Iroquois to fight me in the north while they go on a full siege against my border city.
I have forseen this situation and went authority myself but it just cannot be helped fighting a 9 cities Songhai and a 7 cities Iroquois at their power spike with a 5 cities Arabia in open land .... the Iroquois UU is online and it's just a matter of time until mancav go online and rip my cities apart.

I settled Basra here in nw corner (yay wale monopoly incoming) and got complaints from:

same happens in my games

Standard Communitas_79 on Immortal Netherlands. DV on 421.

Spoiler :

upload_2021-3-7_22-29-15.png

Was a tough opener. I had a jungle start and got pinched by Brazil, Polynesia, and the Inca. Fortunately Brazil wanted to play peace, which is understandable because he took off like a shot in score. Meanwhile Inca and I danced the war dance a number of times.

Ultimately the key was that water area south of Amsterdam. I got my Sea Beggars online and made a push. I was actually solidly repelled the first time, too many ranged units and cannon on the beach kept me at bay. So I peaced out and waited for frigates. Now with a proper full navy I was able to push into Incans eastern islands, moved south to liberate Panama City (giving me a nice XP boost), and then started to work on the main cities. It was a long hard fight, and Inca and I peaced out two more times due to war weariness. But eventually I made it happen. Meanwhile Brazil and I joined forces against Incan in the west. The Incans were exhausted and we started gobbling the cities. Japan also thought I was pretty cool, and just submitted to me (hehe I already let Recursive know the vassal threshold needs a little work ;)

Happy with our partnership, Brazil and I took on polynesia as well, smashing them down to a small fraction of their former glory.

Meanwhile I was a leach on Brazil, my TRs grabbing me 18 SPT and 12 CPT (which on Immortal is pretty darn high). With Scholars in Residence, TRs, and World Science Initiative, I slowly bridged my science gap (my spies were useless this game, got killed early). Taking autocracy I prepared for the final wars.

For all of brazil's original splendor, he was no match for the power of the DUTCH WAR MACHINE!! I battered him down with thunder from the skies and bullets from on far! Then due to my impatience I then nuked his capital to speed along matters (what can I say, Furor da Orange is a ****).

With 3 vassals under my belt, the game was in the bag, but I decided to have some fun. I then demanded that the Maya submit to my rule. They did not.... so a sent a small "ambassador force". And then.... they did ;)

I purchased some hegemony votes from a vassal to shore things up, with an easy cruise to DV.

Notes:

1) I have been playing Enhanced Naval Warfare modmod recently. While I think the changes should mostly remain as a modmod (they are cool changes but I don't think they are needed for the core mod), I do want to make a case for their guided missile changes. There are two missiles now:

Rocket Missile : Rocketry 120:c5rangedstrength:8 400:c5production: Oil -1 . Bonus Vs City (50)
Guided Missile : Advanced Ballistics 180:c5rangedstrength:12 1200:c5production: Oil -1 . Bonus Vs City (50)

And for the first time I have really been using missiles to good effect. These missiles are actually cheap and strong enough to be worth building. So I used the new -20% stock exchange hurry and started mass buying of missiles, while using my hammers for forces I wanted good promotions with.

While its not efficient play in long wars, it is really nice to be able to transform a big gold income into a strong military hammer (and its fun!).

This change is something I think worthy of being considered for main mod inclusion.

2) The AI is skittish about building AA guns right now, I'm guessing due to their weaker state. So the AI is having trouble against large air forces, its neither building the planes nor the AA guns necessary....and so is getting clobbered by air assaults. So that's a tactical issue that needs to be addressed.

3) I normally play the Netherlands peacefully, but I tell you what they are solid warmongers. The Sea Begger is amazing, imperalism gives them a major boost to all of the monopolies they can get, and autocracy's military industry complex really makes the Polder a solid science provider. I've been having a lot of fun with Furor da Orange!

4) I built more towns than I normally do, and really didn't notice the new GM scaling.

Yeah, here you go. This DLL fixes the CS unit spawning bug, a couple tactical bugs, makes it impossible to trade Defensive Pacts and Vassalage in the same deal, and drops the WarmongerHate flavor element from the anti-warmonger fervor combat bonus. Savegame compatible, although previously modified warmongering penalties will not be undone.

Thank You

One thing I am pleased to note is that Barbarians seem to enter city after a time, taking account of game speeds. I remember playing the December version on marathon for a game & finding the city was invaded around 40 turns, the same as standard, giving civs/player no real chance of preparing for them. I am not sure what version this was changed, but is something that needed to be changed.

Sounds like a fix is needed before I start a new game with 3-2.
\Skodkim

One note on the Spain change. In the intro screen, it is showing the inquisitor instead of the hacienda. Correct me if I'm wrong, is the inquisitor actually a "UU" for Spain, or does it just go earlier than normal inquisitors?

The inquisitor that Spain has uses a civilization unit override, like a UU would, but it’s supposed to be silenced from appearing in the UI. are you using the non EUI version?

One thing that I find a bit unbalanced is the price Civs put on early Iron & Horses. I am currently playing a marathon game, with Attila, & early on beelined to building horses. Early for marathon I had two made available by my worker, but needed to wait a few goes to build any. The next go I had numerous offers for the horses for an amazing 1gpt from all these suitors, which I unsurpisingly turned down. I wanted horses obviously for Huns UA, & even if I didn't would hardly sell them for a pittance. Now I can understand any civ wanting to do this, particularly ones near me, but surely if they were serious they would offer a high price to ensure I didn't have them, even though they all had far more than they offered. Seems silly to me. Now as the Huns I need some horses, but if I had plenty or playing another war mongering civ, I would consider a high offer early on, where I always struggle for money.

One thing that I find a bit unbalanced is the price Civs put on early Iron & Horses. I am currently playing a marathon game, with Attila, & early on beelined to building horses. Early for marathon I had two made available by my worker, but needed to wait a few goes to build any. The next go I had numerous offers for the horses for an amazing 1gpt from all these suitors, which I unsurpisingly turned down. I wanted horses obviously for Huns UA, & even if I didn't would hardly sell them for a pittance. Now I can understand any civ wanting to do this, particularly ones near me, but surely if they were serious they would offer a high price to ensure I didn't have them, even though they all had far more than they offered. Seems silly to me. Now as the Huns I need some horses, but if I had plenty or playing another war mongering civ, I would consider a high offer early on, where I always struggle for money.

So generally what I find is this. Very early game, the prices are poor....because everyone is poor. However, I find that by waiting a little while the prices go up quite a bit, and I generally can sell my horses for a very solid price. That said, more and more on Immortal+ I have been holding out even for that, the AI has gotten very aggressive and though the money is good, having the AI come kill me with swords when I gave them iron is just a face slapping move

So generally what I find is this. Very early game, the prices are poor....because everyone is poor. However, I find that by waiting a little while the prices go up quite a bit, and I generally can sell my horses for a very solid price. That said, more and more on Immortal+ I have been holding out even for that, the AI has gotten very aggressive and though the money is good, having the AI come kill me with swords when I gave them iron is just a face slapping move

I agree with what you are saying about prices going up as game goes on. The point I was making is that Horses in the hands of a warmonger like Huns is something that a civ/player would like to nullify by taking them of them. The civs obviously realise their importance which is why they are after them. If it is a luxury resource I can accept that, but it makes no sense that something they value so highly is backed up with such derisory offers. If I had the Huns next to me I would certainly try to obtain any horses they may have if possible.

The inquisitor that Spain has uses a civilization unit override, like a UU would, but it’s supposed to be silenced from appearing in the UI. are you using the non EUI version?

Without EUI this is definitely an issue. Unfortunately it seems only EUI - UI issues are ever getting fixed.

Playing on Immortal. - Vassalage does seem a bit over tuned. I just met the rest of the AI in early Renaissance era. Brazil (Tradition) has 8 cities and had already made vassals of 7 city Arabia and 7 city Netherlands. From this position of strength they are a few techs and 3 policies ahead of the next best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom