New Beta Version - May 17th (5-17)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are most folks doing to opening build order in 5-17/5-19? Feels like if I don't start shrine I can't found. I also seem to be behind in policies for a long time.

Shrine / monument / warrior?

I down-leveled to prince, so I start with a warrior and a pathfinder

didn’t touch difficulty or anything. Best guess is adjustments to citizens

@ilteroi did make a lot of improvements to the city governor, if the AI is performing that much better as a result we might wanna look at reducing some bonuses?

What are most folks doing to opening build order in 5-17/5-19? Feels like if I don't start shrine I can't found. I also seem to be behind in policies for a long time.

Shrine / monument / warrior?

I down-leveled to prince, so I start with a warrior and a pathfinder
I actually like that idea... Feel like you NEED to build Shrines first to found a religion. Or at least when you make additional cities. I mean it shouldn't be so tight that you couldn't do something different in the capital and still get a religion, maybe just not the first founder. But subsequent cities... If you're not focusing on the shrine, you're getting your cake and eating it too.

whst difficulty? That’s common on immortal
Deity.

My only game where I got Hanging Garden was Goddess of Wisdom Poland with Mt Kailaish within my capital's border's. (I moved and then spotted it.) I went monument - council. Otherwise, its not achievable right now.

@ilteroi did make a lot of improvements to the city governor, if the AI is performing that much better as a result we might wanna look at reducing some bonuses?

This is great to be honest. The AI is just playing better now. It makes sense the AI would be a lot stronger if it stopped working the wrong titles early as that snowballs pretty hard.

Deity.

My only game where I got Hanging Garden was Goddess of Wisdom Poland with Mt Kailaish within my capital's border's. (I moved and then spotted it.) I went monument - council. Otherwise, its not achievable right now.

While I can agree its a problem....its not a new one, that's been around for a long while. Btw, with Poland I believe in theory you could do it with Stonehenge + Beauty + Tradition 2 (going to engineer first)....and then a complete tech rush to Mathematics (only deviating for pottery). That should give you the Engineer in time, and Poland should cover your culture needs.....so then its down to whether you can science over there quick enough.

Note I generally think the HG takes herculean efforts even on Immortal, more than it "should", but I think Poland is one of the few civs that could in theory pull it off.

Its not a new problem - but this patch is particularly bad with the feel of the AI bonuses.

I think its counteracted by trading gold from the AI, but otherwise, yikes.

Last edited:
Hmmm, it's somewhat missed out from the changelog that Jamaica was also added to the game... :mischief:

Spoiler wagwan jamaica :
upload_2021-5-24_0-16-44.png

On a more serious note, I also lowered the difficulty down by one level (with a heavy heart ofc). I'm both happy and angry at the same lol :crazyeye: :lol:

Hey freeloader here!

Kinda skimmed the forum, so if I missed it forgive me.

But if you guys do any fund raising please make a big post about it so this bum can give you guys some cash. You really deserve it for all the work you've done. Thanks again.

EDIT: If you guys feel borderline insane you should entertain the idea of putting together an art team and see about your own GOOD version of Civ (clearly not civ). Then start a kickstarter. I know this actually wouldn't happen because the logistics and finding the right people would be difficult but one can dream.

Last edited:
For the people like @skodkim who don't like the AI civs and/or City-States moving from their starting plots, I've added an option for that near the start of (1) Community Patch > Core Files > Core Values > CoreDefines.sql:
Code:
-- These two entries control whether AI major civs and City-States are able to move their starting Settler(s) from their starting plot - set to 0 to disable the ability
-- NOTE: They can always move their starting Settler(s) if they're not able to found a city in their starting location
INSERT INTO Defines(Name, Value) SELECT 'MAJORS_CAN_MOVE_STARTING_SETTLER', '1';
INSERT INTO Defines(Name, Value) SELECT 'CS_CAN_MOVE_STARTING_SETTLER', '1';

If the AI has 0 cities and multiple Settlers that are all in plots where they can found and these flags are set, they will settle them all on the same turn, which might be useful for scenarios.

Is the bug where every civ has the same delegate count fixed in this release? No rush, but would just like to know if I'd start a game with this version or an earlier one.

Is the bug where every civ has the same delegate count fixed in this release? No rush, but would just like to know if I'd start a game with this version or an earlier one.

New release is coming soon and that bug is fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom