New Beta Version - May 17th (5-17)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Datapoint for Unhappiness:

Spoiler :

upload_2021-5-24_17-50-30.png

Now my happiness is in a good place, no complaints there. But it does seem that distress is still dominating the unhappiness chart even with the recent changes. I have Progress/Statecraft/Rationalism.

For the people like @skodkim who don't like the AI civs and/or City-States moving from their starting plots, I've added an option for that near the start of (1) Community Patch > Core Files > Core Values > CoreDefines.sql:
Code:
-- These two entries control whether AI major civs and City-States are able to move their starting Settler(s) from their starting plot - set to 0 to disable the ability
-- NOTE: They can always move their starting Settler(s) if they're not able to found a city in their starting location
INSERT INTO Defines(Name, Value) SELECT 'MAJORS_CAN_MOVE_STARTING_SETTLER', '1';
INSERT INTO Defines(Name, Value) SELECT 'CS_CAN_MOVE_STARTING_SETTLER', '1';

If the AI has 0 cities and multiple Settlers that are all in plots where they can found and these flags are set, they will settle them all on the same turn, which might be useful for scenarios.
@Recursive thx!

\Skodkim

Datapoint for Unhappiness:

Now my happiness is in a good place, no complaints there. But it does seem that distress is still dominating the unhappiness chart even with the recent changes. I have Progress/Statecraft/Rationalism.

Assuming it still works like the previous patches: if you could magically fix that Distress then you'd get Poverty instead. If you'd also magically fix that Poverty you'd then get Illiteracy. And so on.

Since you can't produce more Unhappiness than citizens, you don't get to know the whole story. But if a 14 pop city has 14 Distress, then you essentially have "no" Poverty/Illiteracy, etc.
That's why the "Unhappiness on Growth Prediction" often says you will LOSE a point of Boredom/Illiteracy and gain 1/2 Distress - Because Distress goes up and so the other unhappiness is "hidden" until further notice.

It's also why reducing Distress sometimes will not reduce Unhappiness

... Where I'm getting at is: Distress will always "dominate" because it's the first shown. You probably have 200 Boredom but don't know it!

Problem is distress was likely doubled by the change from (food+production)/2 to (food+production).

Anyone else seeing CS wandering around before settling? Amusingly it caused a CS to settle too close to an AI capital

Spoiler image :

CS bug.png

Yeah I fixed this for whenever the next 5-24 hotfix or next version is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom