New Beta Version - May 5th (5/5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pardon my ignorance, I haven't been to these forums or VP for a while. Is Improved City View still a thing or is it integrated to the mod?

Pardon my ignorance, I haven't been to these forums or VP for a while. Is Improved City View still a thing or is it integrated to the mod?

Still separate.

I think tourism is overtuned. The runaway tradition / science AI on Deity is almost winning a CV by default. I've managed to hold it off, but the runaway has been threatening it since turn 310. The only reason I've held it off is because I'm a 20+ city France with permanent golden age, permanent culture bonuses, and mosques. But its a little silly right now.

I also think that if spies are staying in their current state that the AI bonuses early game could be reduced even further. Those bonuses were predicated on an assumption that techs could be stolen. If that isn't the case, the AI early tech lead feels unearned and then just snowballs. I've still managed to win but its required conquering half the world and faith buying tons of great people through orders / hero worship.

I'm interested to hear what other people have to say about the current state of the game. I think the spy change is pretty huge.

I also think tourism is a bit on the high side at the moment. Tourism from arena (linked to population) could need to be slightly adjusted down, like 25%.

So having watched recently 7 AI only battles, 4 of them were CV (and the rest crashed without finishing). I can say SV seems very difficulty for the AI at the moment, it takes a long time to get there and you have to fend off at least two hegemony votes and then the CV candidates.

As a side observation, good god the AI uses sanction a lot. Like.....a lot a lot.

Last edited:
I think tourism is overtuned. The runaway tradition / science AI on Deity is almost winning a CV by default. I've managed to hold it off, but the runaway has been threatening it since turn 310. The only reason I've held it off is because I'm a 20+ city France with permanent golden age, permanent culture bonuses, and mosques. But its a little silly right now.

I also think that if spies are staying in their current state that the AI bonuses early game could be reduced even further. Those bonuses were predicated on an assumption that techs could be stolen. If that isn't the case, the AI early tech lead feels unearned and then just snowballs. I've still managed to win but its required conquering half the world and faith buying tons of great people through orders / hero worship.

I'm interested to hear what other people have to say about the current state of the game. I think the spy change is pretty huge.

I agree with your comments, & now stealing techs is gone, perhaps AI bonuses can be reduced. In fairness though, you still admit winning on the highest level, so it isn't impossible. Surely, winning on Deity should be a massive challenge, otherwise there is no real goal to go for anymore.

I've changed the logic for puppets for next version:

1) They will build all buildings up to the previous era (not just defensive buildings like walls);
2) They will not build buildings that cost maintenance if the city owner is running a GPT deficit (except for defensive buildings like walls)

I've changed the logic for puppets for next version:

1) They will build all buildings up to the previous era (not just defensive buildings like walls);
2) They will not build buildings that cost maintenance if the city owner is running a GPT deficit (except for defensive buildings like walls)
Sounds great!

\Skodkim

The spy change is really good imo, far better than that wonky, full random "mess" (a bit strong word) than it was (vanilla legacy), it just needs adjustments.

Code wise, "mess" isn't strong enough to describe how bad it was. I'm glad it's more sane now. :)

Code wise, "mess" isn't strong enough to describe how bad it was. I'm glad it's more sane now. :)
Well, as a software-engineer myself who had to cleanup and navigate in various codes for which the "spaghetti" is a mild term, unknowing how messy it was I tried to restrain myself in choosing the word :D But I'm really glad it's better now, I really appreciate all the efforts that all of you put into this fantastic mod! :)

... and that is why they will not release the dll source for civ 6. I have said it before, many years ago, I stand by my prediction.

Hi, I am new to the forum and have been using Vox populi for a while and there is a problem I want to ask, I use the latest beta version of vox populi but The settling button doesn't appear, is it a bug? Of course, the official version (Vox Populi (12-1-3)) still work fine.

Hi, I am new to the forum and have been using Vox populi for a while and there is a problem I want to ask, I use the latest beta version of vox populi but The settling button doesn't appear, is it a bug? Of course, the official version (Vox Populi (12-1-3)) still work fine.

So a few things to try and see if this is it.

1) How is your happiness? (If you are below 35% global happiness, you cannot found cities).

2) Are you 4 hexes away from any other city?

3) Is there an enemy border touching the hex you are trying to found in?

So give those a look. If its not that then it may be a bug, a screenshot would also be useful.

So a few things to try and see if this is it.

1) How is your happiness? (If you are below 35% global happiness, you cannot found cities).

2) Are you 4 hexes away from any other city?

3) Is there an enemy border touching the hex you are trying to found in?

So give those a look. If its not that then it may be a bug, a screenshot would also be useful.

As you see, the settle city button not appearing on starting settler.
Sid Meier's Civilization V Screenshot 2021.05.17 - 09.17.36.90.png

So what are liking to do with spys under this new system. I don't even know here to send them, is tech leader's capital still best or do other factors matter more now?

So what are liking to do with spys under this new system. I don't even know here to send them, is tech leader's capital still best or do other factors matter more now?

Early on, pick the lowest security cities you can find. I then do either gold steals or poison wells. The goal is to get to level 2 while letting the world's security levels start to drop.

For science steals, picking a high security target and just letting the spy sit is a reasonable action. You can also do the kidnap missions in the really low security cities to get some yield bonuses on your capital city.

The defense hit mission I use on the front city I'm planning to conquer, assuming the security is low enough for a quick enough turnaround.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom