New Beta Version - October 10th (10/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my current game, I am in the Renaissance Era and no city state has built any naval units. Does any one else see this?

Cannot confirm, saw a CS build like four Triremes. That was before hotfix, but I think I saw triremes anyway on the last hottyfix

Encountered a weird bug while trying the 10/10 version today.

The game is in the Classic era and goes smoothly until Ethiopia spreads its religion to one of my cities next to its border. Then from the successive turn onwards each turn the converted city spawns an archeologist, which is even considered a great person according to the UI. The city view confirms that is only the converted city that generates the archeologist.
As additional info I can say I always play with same settings and mods but this is the first time it happens.

Spoiler Screenshot :

Spoiler Screenshot2 :

Spoiler Screenshot3 :

I don't recognize three out of five civ from your screenshot because it's a modded civ. So the archeology spawn is related to their UA perhaps?

Encountered a weird bug while trying the 10/10 version today.

The game is in the Classic era and goes smoothly until Ethiopia spreads its religion to one of my cities next to its border. Then from the successive turn onwards each turn the converted city spawns an archeologist, which is even considered a great person according to the UI. The city view confirms that is only the converted city that generates the archeologist.
As additional info I can say I always play with same settings and mods but this is the first time it happens.

Spoiler Screenshot :

Spoiler Screenshot2 :

Spoiler Screenshot3 :

What mods are you using that labels terrain features? Which mod gives all those extra resources?

What mods are you using that labels terrain features? Which mod gives all those extra resources?

Map Labels by Hazel while the resources (like mais and opium) come from JFD's Exploration Continued Expanded except for cassava that I took from UighurCaesar's Taino civ and edited in a personal mod that I cannot share for obvious reasons.

I don't recognize three out of five civ from your screenshot because it's a modded civ. So the archeology spawn is related to their UA perhaps?

The modded civs you can see on the right are JFD's Bhutan, JFD-Leugi's Bolivia and the Samnites (mine). Other modded civs in the game are JFD's Ireland, DMS' Rwanda, Kosovo, The Cherokee, Republic of Yucatan, The Khmers, Pergamon (plus vanilla civs like Ethiopia, Korea, Ottomans for a total of 12AI+me in game). No one of those have anything to do with archeologists both UA and UU/UB -wise.

But I noticed that I have JFD-Leugi's Peru mod activated (not present in game), whose UB "automatically generates points toward the training of an Archaeologist". So maybe that's the problem. I will start a new game with this civ disabled and check if it repeats.

UPDATE: 163 turns (standard speed, same settings) into the new game and no problem so far. It seems the culprit was indeed the Peru mod. Sad for the incompatibility, but at least the bug is not imputable to VP.

Last edited:
Has the promotions regarding above/below 50 HP changed into % in this version?

I've got game freezes since both recent versions (9-25 and 10-10). I can save the game, restart civ and load the save, the game will continue until another freeze happens. Not a cricial bug but annoying. I was using 8-19 version before 9-25 and all was fine. Where should I start looking for to fix this issue?

I've got game freezes since both recent versions (9-25 and 10-10). I can save the game, restart civ and load the save, the game will continue until another freeze happens. Not a cricial bug but annoying. I was using 8-19 version before 9-25 and all was fine. Where should I start looking for to fix this issue?
Remove other memory hungry mods you might have loaded.

Ive got extreme FPS drop in recent patch too. Especially after advance era. Restart the game solve the problem but its a little annoying.

I’ve recently switched to playing almost exclusively on Strategic Mode (shortcut F10). I originally started using it only after my turn, during enemy turns, since it cut down turn times by almost half, but it’s also very responsive (fewer freezes) on my turns and I can see much more of the world at once without having to scroll around.

EDIT: I’d suggest giving Strategic Mode a shot if experiencing too many freezes

It works on Island type of maps where your navy is scattered everywhere and enemy boats are hard to catch, on other maps like continent where your navy go in group, I still prefer Dreadnought line.
So you're finding that a mix of the two isn't the best strategy, and that your choice is more terrain-dependent? Interesting; that's not what anyone predicted I think.

Did you get any boarding party ships before deep ocean was unlocked? One of my biggest anxieties about this change was that boarding party was going to make ship battles a slugfest when civs are still restricted to coasts. You often dont have the movement to maneuver a ship behind a line if it is damaged, and the navies are very small then.

So you're finding that a mix of the two isn't the best strategy, and that your choice is more terrain-dependent? Interesting; that's not what anyone predicted I think.

Did you get any boarding party ships before deep ocean was unlocked? One of my biggest anxieties about this change was that boarding party was going to make ship battles a slugfest when civs are still restricted to coasts. You often dont have the movement to maneuver a ship behind a line if it is damaged, and the navies are very small then.
I think it depends on whether you can oneshot the enemy ship or not. If you can then movement point reduction doesnt mean anything, just take dreadnought for better protection, if you cant, then it has a purpose.

My last two games died to a freeze of death on a certain turn, but I assumed that was because I was beings silly and modding the files between saves.

My last two games died to a freeze of death on a certain turn, but I assumed that was because I was beings silly and modding the files between saves.
That could certainly do it. If you miss a semicolon, especially. I did that a few times editing promotion files (which did odd things to current and future promotions as well as other random aspects of the game). It can mess with the values in tables.

I had a big hang on the barabrian turn and it got worse every round so I had to quit my game on the YnAEMP giant earth map with 25 civs and 20 city states which ran really smooth for 100 rounds. I thought it was due Civ not being able to handle the 'raging barbarians' option since my CPU was not in high usage. Did you also have that turned on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom